PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Continuation Bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Continuation Bet

I read one of Daniel Negreanu's books again and you know in poker you have to be aggressive and everything right and it says go over the top and reraise them preflop and if they call take on more stab at it. But after for the continuation bet it says raise preflop like with AK and if u hit nothing or a draw then just check and save money. I get the checking and saving money thing cause that's how I play sometimes and I can be really tight but doesn't that mean you aren't aggressive at all, shouldn't u take a stab at the pot

No you actually saved your stack, now if i'm not mistaken is't this from a cash table scenario? It also works for tournaments too. He is a aggressive player with A-K but when it is air by the turn he checks when he has been called every street. Pretty standard by any pro except Tony G he is the only luck box out there that plays it like a set!! umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.