PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facing Defeat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing Defeat

As of right now my SNG challenge is a no go... a bit disappointing actually. I watched my BR plummet to a mere $2.14. Why? Eh... could of been a lot of reasons... nothing went my way and maybe multi-tabling my SNG's was too harsh on my BR and yes indeed i strayed from my plan yet again. Guess my emotions got in the way and i wasn't playing to my full extent. As for facing defeat and not playing again........... I DON"T THINK SO! I love the game too much,For right now i'm gonna play 2c and 4c fixed limit, play in the 10FPP and 20FPP Tourneys and play some Open Skill league to make it to Premiere next month. I played one today and placed 600 and something. I doubled up early in the tournament and played maybe one hand after that until there was just over 1000 people left. I then had to leave so i sat out. 600 is a good place right? Haha I think there is a VIP weekly tourney with a 100FPP buy-in so i'll try my hands at that too.
    Another disappointing downfall by me but i'm not giving up just yet! (Hopefully will do well in the VIP tourney)

Keep your stick on the ice

what was your starting Bankroll? You should have at least 30 buyins to help overcome variance

Comment

i Started it when i had just $38 left

Comment

Oh well, busts happen. As long as you learned from the experience of playing, I'm sure it was worth it.

Comment

yikes, you had a bad run...the week before black friday I was on a momentous bust run too lol.. just keep working hard and the $ will come

Comment

lol, reminds me of the time I lost $700 in one day four-tabling. I think that multitabling is more mentally taxing than it seems. I always seem to do far worse than I think I'm doing as I add more tables. That's why I like to stick to one or two at the moment, and only sometimes jump up to four, and even then, for only short periods of time when I'm feeling mentally strong.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
              lol, reminds me of the time I lost $700 in one day four-tabling. I think that multitabling is more mentally taxing than it seems. I always seem to do far worse than I think I'm doing as I add more tables. That's why I like to stick to one or two at the moment, and only sometimes jump up to four, and even then, for only short periods of time when I'm feeling mentally strong.
              Not to be rude or mean or anything but to hear you say you lost $700 in one day makes me feel better Haha, it makes me realize that a lot of people lose, it happens...I think i red somewhere that 90 or 95% of online poker players lose in the long run.

Comment

Very true. Hopefully I won't end up being one of them; I just figured I'd show how multitabling, especially before you've mastered one-tabling, can be dangerous. Even good players go through big downswings, but they wouldn't be good players unless they were constantly checking themselves for leaks in their game.

Until you know that you're a winning player and not a losing one, multitabling is definitely a leak, since you're just speeding up the rate at which you lose money. It can even be a leak if you're a winning player; it takes a great deal of experience to know how many tables are optimal for you. To begin with though, it's probably best to focus on only one table at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                  Very true. Hopefully I won't end up being one of them; I just figured I'd show how multitabling, especially before you've mastered one-tabling, can be dangerous. Even good players go through big downswings, but they wouldn't be good players unless they were constantly checking themselves for leaks in their game.

Until you know that you're a winning player and not a losing one, multitabling is definitely a leak, since you're just speeding up the rate at which you lose money. It can even be a leak if you're a winning player; it takes a great deal of experience to know how many tables are optimal for you. To begin with though, it's probably best to focus on only one table at a time.
                  Some great advice yet again there Panicky my friend. I truly believe that you'll be a winning player as to how much effort you put in your game and how much knowledge you have about the game "Already". I say already cause i'm not sure how long you've been playin my guess would be around a year or two :P Hopefully i'll been one of those 5 to 10% winning players too.

Comment

About a year is right. I think anyone can win if they keep trying, and don't learn to play at 100kNL. Kind of hard to win back what you lost when you were learning if you can't move up after you've earned.

Comment

Interesting thread I actually busted my original roll due to not understanding Bank Roll Management, then I had re evaluate why I busted my stack and it took me 3 months of looking at how I played and what limits I was playing at. Sometimes when you win a nice chunk at cash tables you tend to stray out of your limits and bam you have a dent in your roll.. I deposited again and I did leave with a positive in my account. But I do owe some of that to the wife hounding me ever night when I logged off if I left in a positive status LOL. Evaluate your progress and find the leaks in your game. Takes some work but in the long run you will be a good and dangerous player to play with. Sometimes it takes a massive hit to the roll to wake up!! GL and hope you rebound and cash out huge!! umbup:umbup:

Comment

Well may BR was at $2,44 and i decided to cheat BRM a bit (OK, a lot) not a big surprise for me . And so i played a 50centSNG (Where's the damn cent sign on this thing!!) with 45 people... I placed 1st OH YEAAHHHH!!! And so my BR is now at $8.24. And so i'm on my way..... I'm currently plaing the VIP Weekly Tourney. Double up in my 3rd hand so hopefully i can win some cash out of this.

Comment

Comment

My BR is now at $13.15. I placed another 1st and a 5th playing the 50cent 45 man SNG's And made a buck playing some limit hold'em. Now mind you i did lose a couple of SNG's But i'm climbing the money ladder so that's the main thing It's moving pretty fast actually. I hope i don't see one of them dreaded downswings again......... I think my SNG game is improving too so i'm happy about that. I also plan on watching one of Honu's live trainings, the 45man one coming up. Yep... it's going pretty good so far

Keep Your Stick On The Ice

Comment

I think i'll keep posting my progress here every so often for those of you interested enough But i'm not going to make it techinical like some of the others i seen
                              So recently i never cashed in the four 50cent 45 SNG's i played costing me $2 bringing me down to $11.14. But then i decided to try a $1 180 man hyper turbo and placed 3rd getting $19.49 for my efforts so now my BR is at $29.64. I've managed to start at $2.14 and reach $29.64! I did this in a matter of like 2 days. I can see some huge downswings by playing the hyper turbo's though.... i might try another couple than back to the 50cent ones. or now the $1 ones since my BR is big enough..........right? then move back the 50cent ones if my BR drops below $25. So i'm moving up pretty fast.... hope it keeps going well

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.