PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I love the .05/.10 NL Hold'em tables

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the .05/.10 NL Hold'em tables

trryuihkluytrtyufgjhkfdsghjkl
    Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sat Aug 06, 2011, 05:02 AM.

You play at 10NL with just $97.34? Haha i think you should have a look at BRM (Bankroll Management) unless of course you don't mind making another deposit because you might be doing good now but when that downswing happens your BR will hit a truck... and that downswing WILL happen. I think 5NL is your best bet, but it's not my BR it's yours so i'm not gonna tell ya what to do... just a suggestion umbup: Keep Your Stick On The Ice

Comment

Thanks wee, good post. umbup: I have to agree with eagle, I think you may be playing a bit high for your roll. I began to 4 table these not long before black Friday. If you were to do that, you'd have your whole roll on the tables if you buy in for the max...and that ain't good. I don't doubt you're probably doing well at this level, you just have to be careful. I would suggest going to 5NL too, but if you stay, and if you have a downswing at all, I would jump back to 5NL.

Comment

fdghfjhdshjkhgfdhjkgfghj
        Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sat Aug 06, 2011, 04:51 AM.

Comment

No, we understand...5NL (.02/.05) refers to the max buy-in, usually 100 BBs. Now the .05/.10 has a max of $25 if I remember right., the same as .10/.25...so it can get a bit confusing. I usually just refer to the blinds because of this.
          If you buy in for the max on a .05/.10 table, you've got 25% of your bankroll at the table. That is too high for good br mgmt.
          Like I said, you may be doing well here, but just a couple bad hands and it will put a serious dent in your roll.

Comment

fghjklkjhgfdvfbghjknbfgnhj

Comment

I always buy in for the minimum on cash tables. Too many bad beats to risk any more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
                I always buy in for the minimum on cash tables. Too many bad beats to risk any more than that.
                But when you buy-in for the minimum you can't really play to your full potential and when you do hit that big hand you won't get paid off fully

Comment

hgjkjgfdsfghjkgfdfghjkjhgf

Comment

Weee just understand that if you buy in for less than the max on a ring table the regs (and there are regs at even 10NL) are going to mark you as a fish. Anything that looks weak or timid to them,they try to exploit it. Now if you think that you're solid enough to use the fact that they will 3x and 4x bet you to death to your advantage, then that's good. Otherwise not so much.

Remember you may not have run into any of them yet (it's possible,there are a lot of tables out there...) but you will eventually. And they WILL put you to the test over that. It's SOP for them.
                    Last edited by Moxie Pip; Wed Aug 03, 2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

gfdhjsadghjgsdadfhjgdfdfesgrdhjhfdgsa
                      Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sat Aug 06, 2011, 05:02 AM.

Comment

yea fun game good luckumbup: ive been losing at them alot but good luck to you man
                        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Weee--Waise View Post
                          SOP? I am not familiar with this acronym as of yet.
                          Standard Operating Procedure

Comment

tryetukhgefrgshdjfgahjd,gghfgh
                            Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sat Aug 06, 2011, 04:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.