PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Live poker is rigged!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live poker is rigged!

Hi all,

I was playing a tournament on Saturday (regional final of a pub league, so no great amounts of money at stake).

The first hand after "shuffle up and deal" had all nine players with pocket pairs - I have no reason to disbelieve the others who folded.

From the small blind the hands were: - 22, 33, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA.

Jacks & better all finished up all in pre-flop. Board came out 2d, 6d, 7h, 9d, 5d. None of the all in players held a diamond so the aces held up.

I limped with my 9's, and folded after raise, 3-bet, 4-bet.

How many people would be screaming "RIGGED!" if this was online.

Cheers all

dbdfghdfghgsfvhsct
    Last edited by Weee--Waise; Sat Aug 06, 2011, 05:18 AM.

Comment

I know it sounds far fetched - I saw 5 of the pairs (my 9's and the 4 pairs that were tabled).

As I said, I believe the players that folded.

I know of at least 8 other people who believe the story

Cheers all

Comment

If the deal is indeed random, and you have no reason to suspect otherwise, anything can happen. There must be somebody that can give us the odds of all the players having a pocket pair pre flop. I would love to hear what the probabilities are for that to happen. Just goes to prove that if it can happen, it will happen eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Weee--Waise View Post
          Seems a little far fetched
          If you can describe a mathematic chance for a circumstance occuring, then by defitition it MIGHT occur.

Realistically though, in a self dealt bar league I think I would be much more prone to believe that this spread of hands was due to insufficient randomization in the shuffle...

Not necessarily "cheating", simply someone shuffling once or twice, being distracted, and forgetting to continue shuffling until random-ness is acheived (roughly 6 to 7 "riffle shuffles", depending upon which math model you tend to believe).
          Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by cribrules View Post
            From the small blind the hands were: - 22, 33, 88, 99, TT, JJ, QQ, KK, AA.

Jacks & better all finished up all in pre-flop. Board came out 2d, 6d, 7h, 9d, 5d. None of the all in players held a diamond so the aces held up.

I limped with my 9's, and folded after raise, 3-bet, 4-bet.

How many people would be screaming "RIGGED!" if this was online.

Cheers all
            The J's getting all in pre is pretty bad.

Funny, if all hands stayed in the aces would have finished in 4th place.

Live poker is so rigged!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFzIty7g4ao
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
              The J's getting all in pre is pretty bad.

Funny, if all hands stayed in the aces would have finished in 4th place.

Live poker is so rigged!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFzIty7g4ao

LOL,I love that one Lang,could you see that happening in PSO? There would be a 40 page tin-foil hat thread ASAP.

I figured you were posting one of 2 hands so I'll do the other...

http://youtu.be/XunAlp2azhA

Now THAT would classify as a bad beat,lol.

And oh yeah...live poker is rigged.

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.