PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Challenge

10k Hands at 10NL: So, just as a quick intro, I currently play on Stars at the 10NL 6-max tables. I'm trying to grind my way up to 50NL, and I hope to be overrolled for and already a regular at that limit by 2012. At the moment, I'm working my way through 10NL, and I'm always working on improving my game as much as I possibly can, which is sort of an endless upward climb, but it's kind of fun even though it's hard and very slow going. I've been doing a lot more work on my cash game lately and I figured that I could use some extra motivation, so I'm going to post my progress over my next 10k hands here. This technically isn't a challenge since I'll be doing the same thing I usually do (playing the best poker I can at my chosen game), but since people will actually be watching this thread, it might make me more motivated to think harder about my plays and stop punting stacks. Starting a session off by losing $10 is actually a pretty big weakness of mine. I'll post HEM stats and graphs for anyone who wants to see them or comment, and I'll post some interesting hands (imo) and my thought process behind them. If anyone shadows and wants to know about a specific hand, let me know and I'll explain it in here. Also, thanks to anyone who takes an interest in this thread, since it's kind of pointless if nobody reads it (although technically, I only need to think you're reading it; so you could just pretend to and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference...). inking:
    Last edited by PanickyPoker; Sat Jul 30, 2011, 07:46 AM.

I'll pretend then.

Comment

Good luck Panicky you work harder on your game than most,I believe in you!

Comment

MAYBE WE CAN GET 30 OF US TO PRETEND

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Thanks, Cookies.

You guys do know that if you tell me you're pretending, it doesn't actually work, right?

Comment

NO

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Alright, I'm going to stop for the night, I guess. I lost over two buy-in's in just a few hundred hands. Probably coincidental that that happened now, since this isn't all that abnormal for me, but I was probably failing to make adjustments where they were called for. Since the session was going bad, I figured I'd end it early. Better luck tomorrow.

I'll post my cumulative stats after every 1k hands. So, that'll be something like once every two days, I guess.

Comment

I wouldnt mind railing the next time you play.

Comment

I'll get a session in tomorrow around noon, I think. I'll post here when I start one.

Comment

Do you do some kind of warm up before you start to play?

I say this because you said you regularly lose a buy in early in a session, if you are doing this regularly I would do some work to see why.

By warm up I mean a mental warm up to get you focussed on poker, for example reviewing mistakes you made last session, so you know what to do if the situation comes up again, reading a section in a poker book or reviewing your goals .

Good luck .

Comment

Originally posted by 73REX73 View Post
                      Do you do some kind of warm up before you start to play?

I say this because you said you regularly lose a buy in early in a session, if you are doing this regularly I would do some work to see why.

By warm up I mean a mental warm up to get you focussed on poker, for example reviewing mistakes you made last session, so you know what to do if the situation comes up again, reading a section in a poker book or reviewing your goals .

Good luck .

Excellent advice. I'd also recommend sitting out for the first couple of orbits to watch what's going on and having a look at the stats of anyone you have no prior experience of.

Comment

Haha, i can't wait to watch your Bankroll burn to the ground Muahhahahahahahah.... Just kidding It seems to me that your a fantastic player and thinks rather hard about your game and how to improve, just to put in short You know your SHT. I'm sure you'll do great i'll be sure to keep my eyes on this thread. GL!!!!!

Comment

HI Panicky I will definitely keep up with your thread from the wasteland of poker that is the US.

Always liked checking up on your blogs. Its fun to follow a player with a passion for the game. Just watch out for those crazy BR swings - sounds like you have settled on a solid plan - good luck.

PS - enjoying the new site I am on - small but fun and lots of us former US, PSO players have landed there and we beat up on each other almost every night.

Comment

Hi Panicky,

I got advice from another player to warm up on the full ring min cash and it certainly seems to help me offset any rash initial downswings. I too am grinding through the micros, (well maybe playing around would be more appropriate) and would certainly recommend the training videos and sessions from Felix.

I think you have attended a few earlier sessions but if not I would think it would be more than useful for you.

I certainly admire the amount of knowledge you have gained Panicky, and the amount of hard work and dedication you put into your game. If only I had a tenth of the discipline and work ethic that you apply I am sure my game would improve manifold. Unfortunately I am a little too lazy and unfocused but I will keep trying to improve.

I wish you all the success that your effort and skill deserves, and will certainly be keeping an eye on your progress.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
                              Good luck Panicky you work harder on your game than most,I believe in you!
                              what he said, you put in more study hours than 99%of us

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.