PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a mystery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It's a mystery

    I was seated at a table with this guy, a silverstar that was playing horribly. While watching him delivering bad beats and knocking people out thought to check him and enjoy the fact that he was losing massive amounts of money, being the donk that he was. But... I have no idea how this guy achieved silverstar status. Can someone explain it to me ? His name is scoubydooby.

  • #2
    Originally posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
    I was seated at a table with this guy, a silverstar that was playing horribly. While watching him delivering bad beats and knocking people out thought to check him and enjoy the fact that he was losing massive amounts of money, being the donk that he was. But... I have no idea how this guy achieved silverstar status. Can someone explain it to me ? His name is scoubydooby.
    sounds like a cash game player to me,cash games are the easiest way to get vpps
    3 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
      I was seated at a table with this guy, a silverstar that was playing horribly. While watching him delivering bad beats and knocking people out thought to check him and enjoy the fact that he was losing massive amounts of money, being the donk that he was. But... I have no idea how this guy achieved silverstar status. Can someone explain it to me ? His name is scoubydooby.
      hes ranked 13,369 and has 1581.11 points so he wont be premier league bound lol.
      3 Time Bracelet Winner


      Comment


      • #4
        This wasn't a rhetorical question, ron. There are ways to find out how a player's doing, but I won't say more, because they are frowned upon.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dR3am3R59 View Post
          This wasn't a rhetorical question, ron. There are ways to find out how a player's doing, but I won't say more, because they are frowned upon.

          YOU GET SILVER STAR BUY GETTING 750 VPP'S IN A MO.
          SO HE PLAYED A LOT OF TOURNEYS OR RING GAMES
          YOU GET THEM IF YOU LOSE OR WIN
          HOPE THIS HELPS
          GOOD LUCK


          sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
            YOU GET SILVER STAR BUY GETTING 750 VPP'S IN A MO.
            SO HE PLAYED A LOT OF TOURNEYS OR RING GAMES
            YOU GET THEM IF YOU LOSE OR WIN
            HOPE THIS HELPS
            GOOD LUCK


            now you need 750 for silver star when i came here in 2008 you needed 1200vpps i think it was
            3 Time Bracelet Winner


            Comment


            • #7
              Was worried the OP was talking about me for a second.

              Comment


              • #8
                Seriously though, if you play enough to have a set amount of money raked, then you get a higher VIP status. It has nothing to do with skill, although if you're not good, the ranking actually costs you money to maintain.

                No need to call anyone out for horrible play; we're all guilty of it sometimes. Like me everyday at 11am. Yup yup yup.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Some affiliates offer a status upgrade. This may explain things if he's relatively new to the site.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    at least scooby is registerd with the school earlier in the week i was eliminated by 2people that were not part off the school or sorry should off said global leagur
                    3 Time Bracelet Winner


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A SNG single table grinder who's down over $600 [... allegedly]. That's how!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        nice to see you have silver star again panicky you desserve it with the hard work you put into it!
                        3 Time Bracelet Winner


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks ronh.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Guys... we're going in circles here.

                            I know what vpps are, I know how they are earned, I know that the vip status reflects the rake at the tables you play at and I definitely know what an awful play is (he had an vpip of 80%, calling all ins preflop with 59, etc.)

                            But... He seems to have generated 3$ rake at cash tables (ever) and plays 20$ worth of tournaments a month. You made me say it, happy ?

                            Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                            Some affiliates offer a status upgrade. This may explain things if he's relatively new to the site.
                            He's tracked since July last year, so can't be it. The only thing I can think of is a recent spill that doesn't show yet or an anomaly showing that silver star where was none. Nothing else makes sense.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Prodigy237 View Post
                              A SNG single table grinder who's down over $600 [... allegedly]. That's how!
                              Hi dR3am3R59,

                              The player in question has played over 700 single table SNGs in the last 90 days [... which don't show up on some tracking sites] and he's ROI is neg. $619.90... hence Silver Star.

                              Hope this clears it up.

                              Cheers,

                              Prdigy237
                              Last edited by Prodigy237; Fri Jul 29, 2011, 01:11 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.