PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the point of the league when the software decides your ranking ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the point of the league when the software decides your ranking ?

    Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over

  • #2
    dam right its rigged...........hiccup

    l'm sick always winning cash on this site, it's just not fair to the rest of the players that play here
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

    7 Time Bracelet Winner


    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

      You Effer

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by topthecat View Post
        Yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

        You Effer
        2 7o is the nuts......hiccup

        and remember it's rigged for some of us to win or lose
        Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

        7 Time Bracelet Winner


        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by topthecat View Post
          yeah eff you keep taking my money with 27 off

          you effer :d

          ship it

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by StMirren View Post
            Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over
            AT least you can play.

            Comment


            • #7
              ever try to use winning cheat codes??? it realy works

              Comment


              • #8
                l wear a tin foil hat so there rigged software can't get to me
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

                7 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  Im having the similar problems as you do you will have to learn to deal with it.But i have even better bad beat story.Earlier this month a busted from 4 tourneys in a row times with AA vs something,1x KK vs something and 1xAK vs Arag.After registering for the 5th tourney in a row on tilt obviously i lost power!I went to sleep then registered for the 6th tourney in a row and the same thing hapened!And yeah im having the similar bustouts like you these days... I hope this will make you feel better umbup:
                  Bracelet Winner

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thx for the support m8 , was doing ok next 1 there 800 odd left and lose TT v 44 so nowt changed ...... as for Effsea well if you want to OPR and compare stats you'll see who's took by far the most money from pstars , no competition there so i know my poker and know when it's got it in for me .... if you go by average games played to league points well think i'd be winning the league .... my problem with it is why wait til i'm top10 then give me the default software crap for 6 games in a row and counting with such a short space of time left ? Am i not being 'allowed' to win ? I've not changed my style of playing these ! I'll continue playing as i know with a fair crack at it i can still win the league this month but if it's more of the same then next month's cancelled and i'm going to take the offer up to go and play live regularly where i'll get a fairer deal ... unless the dealer's the magician Dynamo ....... but that'll be the global premier leagues loss which most who've met me at the tables would agree with ! ...... rant again is over

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by StMirren View Post
                      Thx for the support m8 , was doing ok next 1 there 800 odd left and lose TT v 44 so nowt changed ...... as for Effsea well if you want to OPR and compare stats you'll see who's took by far the most money from pstars , no competition there so i know my poker and know when it's got it in for me .... if you go by average games played to league points well think i'd be winning the league .... my problem with it is why wait til i'm top10 then give me the default software crap for 6 games in a row and counting with such a short space of time left ? Am i not being 'allowed' to win ? I've not changed my style of playing these ! I'll continue playing as i know with a fair crack at it i can still win the league this month but if it's more of the same then next month's cancelled and i'm going to take the offer up to go and play live regularly where i'll get a fairer deal ... unless the dealer's the magician Dynamo ....... but that'll be the global premier leagues loss which most who've met me at the tables would agree with ! ...... rant again is over

                      lol you the man,

                      yes l'm only a free roller, congrats on your opr stats,

                      my comment is on your rigged theory, get yourself a tin foil hat, it may help,

                      cheers
                      Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

                      7 Time Bracelet Winner


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by StMirren View Post
                        Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over

                        YEP IT'S RIGGED
                        THAT'S THE ONLY REASON YOU GOT UP THAT HIGH
                        THEN WHEN THEY UNRIGGED IT THAT'S WHEN YOU WENT DOWN
                        PROVE I'M WRONG



                        sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Hey StMirren, there's still 20 games left to play and if you get decent ITM points in half of these games you could easy win the league as your only 160 points behind. but you won't win jack it if you tilt yourself by blaming software or anything else. Just play your game, stick to your game plan and accept the losses when they come. we all have a down swing now and then, I'm on a run of 5 bad finishes myself but that's purely down to how I'm playing. Risk, Reward surely comes into play this late into the month and we all no how the 2nd best hand is winning the majority of the pots in the league this month. the decision you have to make now is when to bet/call/raise or fold and if your facing a big minus score then maybe fold is the key until your 98% certain your holding the winning hand. But most of all you have to be gracious in defeat as you are when winning, It's poker bud and with every winner there's a loser. Man up and take the loses on the chin and come back the next game with a bit more determination and a little less tilt." Remember Daniel Son, Wax On Wax Off "

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by StMirren View Post
                            Am i the only one who's got themselves into a challenging position in the league only for the software to decide that you're winning nothing but a minimal prize ? I got myself up to top10 in time for the last few days of play only to lose 4 in a row there , AA V TT , KK V T6 , KK V A9 ( nowt there for them on flop but calls the all-in anyway and rivers the A and AT v 45 off (have a flopped str8) . So from going from a challenging position , and my hands hold would probably be leading the league overall , i'm suddenly down to about 40th place ????????????? Is that why it's published "If you have a bad week there's always next month " ? I'm honestly sickened as i put a lot of time and effort to get myself challenging and to suffer this crap with only a few days to go is disgusting , especially when you watch some of them at the top winning every forced all-in bb , and winning with total crap , then getting themselves decent points hencewith . Disgusted and doubt i'll bother playing the premier league next month as there's no point when your fate is already decided for you , Getting punished for doing too well is something that Pokerstars seems to be good at and after 'seeing' this league out i'm out of there with whatever it decides i'm getting and off to play live as computer poker is all too rigged and corrupt for me ... rant over
                            Originally posted by StMirren View Post
                            Thx for the support m8 , was doing ok next 1 there 800 odd left and lose TT v 44 so nowt changed ...... as for Effsea well if you want to OPR and compare stats you'll see who's took by far the most money from pstars , no competition there so i know my poker and know when it's got it in for me .... if you go by average games played to league points well think i'd be winning the league .... my problem with it is why wait til i'm top10 then give me the default software crap for 6 games in a row and counting with such a short space of time left ? Am i not being 'allowed' to win ? I've not changed my style of playing these ! I'll continue playing as i know with a fair crack at it i can still win the league this month but if it's more of the same then next month's cancelled and i'm going to take the offer up to go and play live regularly where i'll get a fairer deal ... unless the dealer's the magician Dynamo ....... but that'll be the global premier leagues loss which most who've met me at the tables would agree with ! ...... rant again is over

                            Okay I know I'm just a dumb-azz donk but I'm confused here. First you say that the RNG has it in for you but then when eff and a few others call BS on this you chirp about your OPR numbers (which are very good BTW,grats on that no doubt) as a testament to your knowing what you're talking about.

                            So your saying that when you lose it's the RNG dumping on you and when you bag a good result it's all on account of your stellar play? Because I have to tell you that's how these 2 posts read.

                            And whilst I'm just a little guppy in the big ocean of on-line play I have played live for over 25 years,not ever very seriously and not always very well. But I can say this with 100% conviction--the ONLY thing I've noticed different about the deal between live and on-line is the sheer volume of hands one sees on-line. Those beats you describe in your OP? Shoot I've had worse than that in one cash table session in Atlantic City more times than I care to remember.

                            80-85% means that 10-15% also is a possibility guy. When that run of 10-15% coming over and over happens at the MOST inopportune time it suck rocks. But it does happen and it happens to all of us. I'm gonna go out on a limb and bet there's a player or 10 who was pissing and moaning about that luckbox,suckout donk StMirren in your biggest victories here. It's part and parcel of the game,on-line or live.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              What's the use in playing poker at the local B&M when those dayum dealer's fingers keep dealing me hands that get cracked.

                              What's the sense in continueing to put my tongue in that light socket, when all I do is get shocked!

                              Sigh.

                              Woe is me!
                              Double Bracelet Winner

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.