PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why should +20vpps play the premier league ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why should +20vpps play the premier league ?

hi, i just read that the players with +20vpps such as myself can only win the 1/3 of the prize they would have won in the open league for the same finish, which i dont understand why, i think it would be a piece of cake making the top 10 in the OL than it would be in the PL ...

also will the PL be invitational only or do u get thrown there automatically after making top 1500 ?

my point is, is it possible to choose between OL and PL after finishing top 1500 with +20vpps ?

Last edited by curvyroads; Thu Jul 28, 2011, 09:56 AM.

Originally posted by curvyroads View Post
    hi, i just read that the players with +20vpps such as myself can only win the 1/3 of the prize they would have won in the open league for the same finish, which i dont understand why, i think it would be a piece of cake making the top 10 in the OL than it would be in the PL ...

also will the PL be invitational only or do u get thrown there automatically after making top 1500 ?

my point is, is it possible to choose between OL and PL after finishing top 1500 with +20vpps ?

IN ANOTHER THREAD STAFF SAID YOU CAN STAY IN THE OPEN IF YOU WANT TO
    SO I GUESS YOU CAN TURN DOWN THE INVITE
    GOOD LUCK

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

pokerstars is a business, they want your money. you make VPPs by playing cash games or tournaments, from which they always take a rake or an entry fee.

by saying that only 150VPPs can claim all their prizes it is supposed to make you want to deposit more cash, play more (i.e. give them more money).

no matter how helpful they are, their main priority is taking your $$$$.

that's your answer.

Comment

tx for the replay,

but it says here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

"Note: Members that have been invited to the Premier Skill League are not eligible to compete in the Open Skill League leaderboard during that month. For example, if you were awarded an 'August Premier Skill League Ticket', you will not be prevented from playing in the Open League tournaments during August, but your results in those will not be scored for the Open League leaderboard."

u mean if i turned down the invitation i'll be able to score in the OL?

Comment

if you turn down your invite then you can play in the OL tournaments but your points will NOT count on the leaderboard.

better to just accept the invite, maybe play some cash games and earn some more VPPs, it's not too hard to reach 150.

Comment

tx for the replay,

but it says here http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/league

"Note: Members that have been invited to the Premier Skill League are not eligible to compete in the Open Skill League leaderboard during that month. For example, if you were awarded an 'August Premier Skill League Ticket', you will not be prevented from playing in the Open League tournaments during August, but your results in those will not be scored for the Open League leaderboard."

u mean if i turned down the invitation i'll be able to score in the OL?
            WELL STAFF DIDN'T SAY ALL THAT AND I DIDN'T READ THIS BEFORE
            SO IT SEEMS STAFF WAS A BIT MISLEADING
            SO IT LOOKS LIKE TO GET A PRIZE NEXT MO. YOU NEED TO PLAY THE PL
            GOOD LUCK

Comment

or should i drop 400 points in 4 days ,

rewarding +20vpps OL players 3 times as much as the +20vpps PL players is just silly

where are u super staff ?

Comment

or should i drop 400 points in 4 days ,

rewarding +20vpps OL players 3 times as much as the +20vpps PL players is just silly

where are u super staff ?

YOU MIGHT HAVE TO LOSE MORE THEN 400 POINTS
                SOME OF THE TOP 1500 WILL NOT HAVE 20 VPP'S
                SO YOU MAY HAVE TO DROP DOWN TO 1800THPLACE OR LOWER
                IF IT WAS ME I WOULD JUST PLAY THE PL
                I THINK IT WILL BE MORE FUN

Comment

Amazing that you think that getting 10th in the open league next month in a field of over 110000 will be easier than getting 10th in the premier league (field of 1500).

Do you enjoy playing bingo in fields of 10000?

Playing 700 (doubt they will be bigger than that) man tourneys against people with something at stake will be so much easier.

If I fail to qualify this month, I will not even bother trying in August (or ever again probably). The open league is poker hell!

Comment

tx for the replies guys, i think i'm gonna have to drop as much points as i can and see how it goes, i'm pretty sure i will not reach 150vpps next month either with the limits i play, so this PL thing doesnt compute to me

Comment

Originally posted by Pentire View Post
                      Amazing that you think that getting 10th in the open league next month in a field of over 110000 will be easier than getting 10th in the premier league (field of 1500).

Playing 700 (doubt they will be bigger than that) man tourneys against people with something at stake will be so much easier.

If I fail to qualify this month, I will not even bother trying in August (or ever again probably). The open league is poker hell!

I DON'T THINK THEY WILL HAVE EVEN 700

Comment

Originally posted by Pentire View Post

lol, i wish we could trade

Comment

lol, i wish we could trade

WANT TO TRADE WITH ME ???

Comment

Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
                            WANT TO TRADE WITH ME ???

lol, i would if it's possible

Comment

up to you, but 33% of a prize is better than 0%

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.