PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it all gets too much..............

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When it all gets too much..............

Take the day off and go racing.

I spent yesterday in a private box overlooking the finishing line at Goodwood courtesy of a rival (and therefore un-named site on which you can normally get a fair bet ) to the mighty Pokerstars. A cosy affair, with only ten of us sitting down for dinner, in the company of some very interesting people.

There was an intellectual property lawyer. Ever wondered why nothing more than a "name" can be so valuable? A stud researcher who quite literally knew every "soon to be born" thoroughbred and a likely price for each. And sat right next to me, Clive Smith, owner of my favourite horse over the last five years, Kauto Star.

All these people will be of some use to me in the future and it and I was thrilled to depart the meeting having made such useful new friends and with all their contact numbers. However............................

I drank so much Champagne that getting home was a bit of a blur. Almost 24 hours on and I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm steady enough to now be looking for all the things that should have arrived home with me. And there's one thing missing. My phone

The detective work begins

Call it

Comment

I like a little flutter on the Gee Gees myself, So if you have any tips you'd like to pass on, I'd be more than grateful. You've got my number,

Comment

That was #1 on the list. I'm not sure whether it's a good thing that it didn't get answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
          Take the day off and go racing.

I spent yesterday in a private box overlooking the finishing line at Goodwood courtesy of a rival (and therefore un-named site on which you can normally get a fair bet ) to the mighty Pokerstars. A cosy affair, with only ten of us sitting down for dinner, in the company of some very interesting people.

There was an intellectual property lawyer. Ever wondered why nothing more than a "name" can be so valuable? A stud researcher who quite literally knew every "soon to be born" thoroughbred and a likely price for each. And sat right next to me, Clive Smith, owner of my favourite horse over the last five years, Kauto Star.

All these people will be of some use to me in the future and it and I was thrilled to depart the meeting having made such useful new friends and with all their contact numbers. However............................

I drank so much Champagne that getting home was a bit of a blur. Almost 24 hours on and I'm still not fully recovered, but I'm steady enough to now be looking for all the things that should have arrived home with me. And there's one thing missing. My phone

The detective work begins
          if you cant find it would the company issue you a free replacement?
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

That's not really my concern ron. It's what's on it that's really bugging me. Including the number of a rather fine filly that was coming into season

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
              That's not really my concern ron. It's what's on it that's really bugging me. Including the number of a rather fine filly that was coming into season
              i see now did you check the clothes you had on last night?did you mabe leave at a friends house earlier or after the race you were at?
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Darkman...

A mysterious psuedo-prostitute (it is a he/she named Betty-Fred, who only accepts credit cards that belong to bankrupts, hence the "psuedo") may have your telephone. Well, if truth be known, it is in the cloaca of her (his?) burro, named "Mr Jangles".

For information on how it came to be up there, you will have to consult Betty-Fred's pet french dwarf (named "Claude"). Be sure to bring a box of cuban cigars, and a lot of handi-wipe moist towelettes when you see him though...
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

I wonder if you are referring to BF, PP, or WH Darkman; I know where my money is...

Losing your mobile sucks. I lost my mobile of six years on a flight to Paris six weeks ago and I am still trying to get over it. I am also trying to get over how they eventually found it in Barcelona three weeks later with everything I had saved on the phone and sim deleted, but there you go.

Hi JDean, you are the man! You probably know more about poker than anyone on this site but it is sure hard to understand what you are saying sometimes for us mere mortals You even lost me on this one and that is saying something

TC

Comment

try calling the phone company, and asking them to track it for you, if you have the gps service activated on it they can tell you where it is

Comment

Try phoning the Betty Ford clinic and ask the "filly" for her number again.
                      2012 Double Bracelet Winner
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.