PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) Discussions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) Discussions

Use this forum to discuss WCOOP 2011.

POKERSTARS.COM GUARANTEES $30 MILLION IN
    2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ONLINE POKER

Tenth anniversary WCOOP features 62 events across 22 days

LONDON, UK – JULY 26 – The world’s most prestigious annual online poker festival is returning to PokerStars in September. The PokerStars.com World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) – celebrating its tenth year– is the highlight of the online poker tournament calendar. The 2011 WCOOP will take place from September 4-25, feature 62 separate events, and guarantee $30 million in prizes, including a $5 million guaranteed No Limit Hold’em Main Event, which will award the winner at least
    $1 million.

The 2011 WCOOP offers a range of tournaments and buy-ins to suit every player, and big guaranteed prize pools throughout. The 62-event schedule features nine tournaments with guarantees in excess of $1 million, and buy-ins ranging from $109 up to the $10,300 High Roller events.

Team PokerStars Pro, Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier, who won two WCOOP bracelets in 2009, is excited about the prospects of adding to his haul this year. ElkY said: “I can’t wait to start playing WCOOP. It’s the only online tournament series in the world that gives such amazing structures and prize pools! It’s time to take a shot at my third WCOOP bracelet. Join me!”

Read more here:-

Good luck to all our PSO members and remember to share your stories, victories and experiences with others via the forum or your own blog

Regards
    Last edited by TOO2COO; Sun Dec 18, 2011, 04:50 AM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Well I hope they have

some more of these 1000 seat added qualifiers,,,

PokerStars Tournament #421658226, No Limit Hold'em
    Super Satellite
    Buy-In: $10.00/$1.00 USD
    11703 players
    Total Prize Pool: $117030.00 USD
    Target Tournament #2011090019 Buy-In: $109.00 USD
    1073 tickets to the target tournament

Tournament started 2011/08/28 13:00:00 ET

Dear gmanwicksy,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. You qualified to play in Tournament #2011090019 and are automatically registered for it. See Tournament #2011090019 Lobby for further details.

If you choose to unregister from this tournament your account will be credited with T-USD 109.00. Tournament US Dollars can be used to buy into any tournament. Visit our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/ for more details.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

Comment

Originally posted by PSO Admin View Post
      Use this forum to discuss WCOOP 2011.

POKERSTARS.COM GUARANTEES $30 MILLION IN
      2011 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP OF ONLINE POKER

Tenth anniversary WCOOP features 62 events across 22 days

LONDON, UK – JULY 26 – The world’s most prestigious annual online poker festival is returning to PokerStars in September. The PokerStars.com World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) – celebrating its tenth year– is the highlight of the online poker tournament calendar. The 2011 WCOOP will take place from September 4-25, feature 62 separate events, and guarantee $30 million in prizes, including a $5 million guaranteed No Limit Hold’em Main Event, which will award the winner at least
      $1 million.

The 2011 WCOOP offers a range of tournaments and buy-ins to suit every player, and big guaranteed prize pools throughout. The 62-event schedule features nine tournaments with guarantees in excess of $1 million, and buy-ins ranging from $109 up to the $10,300 High Roller events.

Team PokerStars Pro, Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier, who won two WCOOP bracelets in 2009, is excited about the prospects of adding to his haul this year. ElkY said: “I can’t wait to start playing WCOOP. It’s the only online tournament series in the world that gives such amazing structures and prize pools! It’s time to take a shot at my third WCOOP bracelet. Join me!”

Read more here:-

Good luck to all our PSO members and remember to share your stories, victories and experiences with others via the forum or your own blog

Regards
      how many off the worlds top players have confirmed there entry in this world championship
      3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by ronh1967 View Post
        how many off the worlds top players have confirmed there entry in this world championship
        Just have to scroll the players list in each event to see whos playing I guess,,,, which I did today,,,Isilders name stuck out in several events I noticed,,, Good luck to any PSO ers who enter any of the events,,,,umbup:

Comment

Playing my first event today

pl omaha,,,, my favourite game,,,, Isildur,,,,, first pro out in level 2,,,,doh,,,

kid poker ,,,, at half his stack.... must be playing over aggresive to double up early I guess,,,,,..I wish him luck though,,,, when not at my table,,,,,,,

Comment

Good luck gman, all the best and run far and good umbup:umbup:

Comment

Best of luck Gman ... r0ck

Comment

Thx,, guysfor yr well wishes,,,, 3hrs in and registration is over,,managed to double up slowly over the 3 hrs,,,, kidPoker still in with 6k chips,,,I keep mentioning him because he is of course P Stars main guy,,,and a good guy, and Canadian to boot,,,umbup: ohh dang he just got taken out by an aa hand when he had 4 face cards
                Last edited by gmanwicksy; Mon Sep 05, 2011, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Doh

over committed to a hand 4hrs and 20 mins in,,,,
                  AA1010
                  Lost 3 of a kind 10s to a low strt,,, big stack called me with a288,,,,must have thgt he was playing hi low,,,, paid off for him though,,,,,

PokerStars Game #67064701713: Tournament #2011090004, $300+$20 USD Omaha Pot Limit - Level XII (150/300) - 2011/09/05 15:19:47 ET
                  Table '2011090004 72' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
                  Seat 1: BinhoBarreto (2274 in chips)
                  Seat 2: 3s4o5r (30094 in chips)
                  Seat 3: Mrzz (19849 in chips)
                  Seat 4: gmanwicksy (6568 in chips)
                  Seat 5: Anywhat (15596 in chips)
                  Seat 6: skalexjung (45354 in chips)
                  Seat 8: LondonAA (40814 in chips)
                  Seat 9: turbo_sp44 (16484 in chips)
                  Anywhat: posts small blind 150
                  skalexjung: posts big blind 300
                  *** HOLE CARDS ***
                  Dealt to gmanwicksy [As Th Td Ah]
                  faverkrismus is connected
                  LondonAA: folds
                  turbo_sp44: folds
                  BinhoBarreto: folds
                  3s4o5r: folds
                  Mrzz: folds
                  gmanwicksy: raises 750 to 1050
                  Anywhat: folds
                  skalexjung: calls 750
                  *** FLOP *** [5d 6c 4h]
                  skalexjung: checks
                  gmanwicksy: bets 1350
                  skalexjung: raises 1350 to 2700
                  gmanwicksy: calls 1350
                  *** TURN *** [5d 6c 4h] [3d]
                  skalexjung: bets 7650
                  gmanwicksy: calls 2818 and is all-in
                  Uncalled bet (4832) returned to skalexjung
                  *** RIVER *** [5d 6c 4h 3d] [Tc]
                  *** SHOW DOWN ***
                  skalexjung: shows [8c Ac 2c 8s] (a straight, Ace to Five)
                  gmanwicksy: shows [As Th Td Ah] (three of a kind, Tens)
                  skalexjung collected 13286 from pot
                  gmanwicksy finished the tournament in 456th place
                  *** SUMMARY ***
                  Total pot 13286 | Rake 0
                  Board [5d 6c 4h 3d Tc]
                  Seat 1: BinhoBarreto folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                  Seat 2: 3s4o5r folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                  Seat 3: Mrzz folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                  Seat 4: gmanwicksy (button) showed [As Th Td Ah] and lost with three of a kind, Tens
                  Seat 5: Anywhat (small blind) folded before Flop
                  Seat 6: skalexjung (big blind) showed [8c Ac 2c 8s] and won (13286) with a straight, Ace to Five
                  Seat 8: LondonAA folded before Flop (didn't bet)
                  Seat 9: turbo_sp44 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Comment

Isildur gone missing ?

I noticed that apart from some early events when he bust out quickly Isildur is not playing WCOOP, not registered for any of the big events yet.

Any thoughts ?

Comment

Busto

Comment

Working...
                      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.