PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Americans play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Americans play?

The US government can't force PokerStars to bar us from playing. Why are they doing it then? I don't want to play anywhere else. I like this site.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but yes, the American government can do it. In fact, they did do it. Check out the news stories about the shutdown, which happened on April 15. (use google search) Just a quick overview, DOJ seizes PokerStars dot com and has it shut down with a warrant that charges the site with a criminal action. The site comes to an agreement with the DOJ that allows the site to open, but also prevents Americans from playing in cash games. Until the courts resolve the criminal charges against the site, you will not be playing.

Considering the speed of American courts, figure five to ten years, assuming the courts put this on the fast track.

You gotta love our government. We outlaw online poker at some sites while other sites do the same thing that got PokerStars closed.

You got problems with that, stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. Or better yet, write your congressman a letter. Don't be surprised when he ignores you. After all, you are a worthless piece of (explative deleted) (censored) since you cannot write out a check with at least six zeros behind a large number.

Comment

One of the few good things to come out of black friday was removing you from the tables. And if PSO had any sense they would complete the job and remove your access to the forum as well.

Be miserable in all you do. Whatever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
        One of the few good things to come out of black friday was removing you from the tables. And if PSO had any sense they would complete the job and remove your access to the forum as well.

YOU NEED TO JUST COME OUT AND SAY HOW YOU FEEL

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

I'm with u there mate, i can be a pain and a jerk at times but PB is a micro microbe!

Comment

This is really rude!!

Comment

Originally posted by PresBruno View Post
              This is really rude!!
              A lot less ruder than stuff that u placed out!!

Comment

May I Ask why PresBruno is so well liked ( being sarcastic here)
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hahaha
                  You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Comment

this thread has lasted longer than I thought. under:ug:inidonk:

Comment

Originally posted by PresBruno View Post
                      The US government can't force PokerStars to bar us from playing. Why are they doing it then? I don't want to play anywhere else. I like this site.
                      I'd heard it had something to do with a called Bruno who'd escaped from the local circus... or was that the lunatic asylum & was trying to pass himself off as the President

Take him away...
                      Last edited by Prodigy237; Fri Jul 22, 2011, 03:02 AM.

Comment

hey pres are u still around starting trouble, some things never change...can anybody tell me what software version i need to use on pokerstars to access the home games client..the version i have on my system do not work anymore..umbup:

Comment

So Bruno, are you here to pay off your debts?
                          You must remember that don't you?
                          You owe money to people and the right thing to do is pay
                          I think that's the first thing you should of done before coming back here

So did you pay your debt?

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ06 View Post
                            hey pres are u still around starting trouble, some things never change...can anybody tell me what software version i need to use on pokerstars to access the home games client..the version i have on my system do not work anymore..umbup:
                            You can access them using the .net client Taiq..good to see ya'. umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
                              So Bruno, are you here to pay off your debts?
                              You must remember that don't you?
                              You owe money to people and the right thing to do is pay
                              I think that's the first thing you should of done before coming back here

So did you pay your debt?

Just one problem. Even if he wanted to do the honorable thing, he cannot. Remember, the American player can either cash out or let it sit. No transferring allowed.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.