PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New league sucks <<< post here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New league sucks <<< post here

sorry, but it - the now in july running league - simply sucks

you'll either have to wait for like 7000 entrants bust out ... taking about 30 to 45 minutes ... where you have to waste your SB and BB folding your cards because no matter in what position with what a strong hand you'll end up in a coinflip with at least 2 IDIOTS

thank you for destroying what was a skillfull poker league last months and what is now nothing but the pso donk league

Endeavour to Persevere Best advice ever given. umbup: Premier League starts next month, be in top 1,500 this month
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by eilat-one View Post
      sorry, but it - the now in july running league - simply sucks you'll either have to wait for like 7000 entrants bust out ... taking about 30 to 45 minutes ... where you have to waste your SB and BB folding your cards because no matter in what position with what a strong hand you'll end up in a coinflip with at least 2 IDIOTS thank you for destroying what was a skillfull poker league last months and what is now nothing but the pso donk league
      i have said it before...come in the top 1500 and earn at least 20vpps ...the premier league has to be better poker gl eilat F.M.umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by eilat-one View Post
        sorry, but it - the now in july running league - simply sucks you'll either have to wait for like 7000 entrants bust out ... taking about 30 to 45 minutes ... where you have to waste your SB and BB folding your cards because no matter in what position with what a strong hand you'll end up in a coinflip with at least 2 IDIOTS thank you for destroying what was a skillfull poker league last months and what is now nothing but the pso donk league
        not much to disagree with there however don't despair..... and so on ..... best of luck

Comment

the premier division will be a wait and see because at the moment we dont know if the premier division will be any better
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

started out this month nitting up the first 45 mins, I'm in favour of engagement now - balancing out the risk involved and picking who I'm in pots with.

I'm finding there is plenty of room for manoeuvre even when you get spanked down to say 8bb in the early stages and to get right back into the game. A little more variance this way perhaps but it does set up deeper runs and a far easier ride at bb250 level for instance.

stick with it Eilat-One.

Comment

looooooooool this new league must be pretty rough. I gather that because up until now there was a regular monthly cry about how many unskilled donkeys filled the skill league and always someone complaining how there was no "skill" in it. Now in comparison to the new generation, the prior league appears as a skillful league.

There is much to learn here in the new league, as it was with the old league. Much to learn.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                looooooooool this new league must be pretty rough. I gather that because up until now there was a regular monthly cry about how many unskilled donkeys filled the skill league and always someone complaining how there was no "skill" in it. Now in comparison to the new generation, the prior league appears as a skillful league. There is much to learn here in the new league, as it was with the old league. Much to learn.
                lol is right. I was in the old league and now I'm in the new league. People made bad calls then and people make bad calls now...that's just how it is. Why just last night I shoved on a raise with AA and got called by A8s to get knocked out by a backdoor flush. Suckouts happen and terrible calls happen. What can we learn from this? People like to complain no matter what i guess. Myself I like the new league. It's frustrating at times when you get called by a worse hand and get drawn out on but isn't it better to have more fish in the sea? umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by VanSquash View Post
                  lol is right. I was in the old league and now I'm in the new league. People made bad calls then and people make bad calls now...that's just how it is. Why just last night I shoved on a raise with AA and got called by A8s to get knocked out by a backdoor flush. Suckouts happen and terrible calls happen. What can we learn from this? People like to complain no matter what i guess. Myself I like the new league. It's frustrating at times when you get called by a worse hand and get drawn out on but isn't it better to have more fish in the sea? umbup:
                  +1, gotta love getting looked up by A8s when you're holding AA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Another silly complaint about a free league that can do nothing but teach you to be a better player and earn you some coin - for free - just be thankful you can play in it.

Everyone should be watching the LIVE WSOP coverage. I saw a guy 5bet bluff with A6, turns out he was up against AA, all the chips go in preflop and the guy miracles trip 6's on the river pretty much crippling the guy with AA. How you gonna deal with that when you had to pay 10k to enter and lose your shot at 8million?

Or Vanessa Rousso flops trip 6's, (has an 800k stack) and David Bach ends up shoving all in for nearly 500k on a freakin straight draw, she calls and he turns the straight.

What do you think - bad beats and miracle suckouts that save donkeys/bluffs shoving their entire stack ever stop happening? Quit whining, its just weak, sad and frankly as a locked out US player annoying.
                    Last edited by freddysw; Mon Jul 18, 2011, 04:48 AM. Reason: e

Comment

Originally posted by freddysw View Post
                      Another silly complaint about a free league that can do nothing but teach you to be a better player and earn you some coin - for free - just be thankful you can play in it.

Everyone should be watching the LIVE WSOP coverage. I saw a guy 5bet bluff with A6, turns out he was up against AA, all the chips go in preflop and the guy miracles trip 6's on the river pretty much crippling the guy with AA. How you gonna deal with that when you had to pay 10k to enter and lose your shot at 8million?

Or Vanessa Rousso flops trip 6's, (has an 800k stack) and David Bach ends up shoving all in for nearly 500k on a freakin straight draw, she calls and he turns the straight.

What do you think - bad beats and miracle suckouts that save donkeys/bluffs shoving their entire stack ever stop happening? Quit whining, its just weak, sad and frankly as a locked out US player annoying.

++++1000

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by freddysw View Post
                        That guy with AA is a top online pro, so he dealth with it in a calm and composed manner. It sucks, but sometimes it happens. The play with the A6 was attrocious, even vs. an opponent who is known to be aggressive and capable of multi-bet bluffing, I wouldn't stack that much off with just a blocker.
                        Head Live Trainer
                        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

looooooooool this new league must be pretty rough. I gather that because up until now there was a regular monthly cry about how many unskilled donkeys filled the skill league and always someone complaining how there was no "skill" in it. Now in comparison to the new generation, the prior league appears as a skillful league.

There is much to learn here in the new league, as it was with the old league. Much to learn.
                          It's a shame you can't watch one Dave. I've never seen games like them. Better than any comedy you'll watch this year.

Comment

even vs. an opponent who is known to be aggressive and capable of multi-bet bluffing, I wouldn't stack that much off with just a blocker.
                            Plug for future Live Training?

Comment

Bang on

I 2nd that Darkman. I must say some of the things ive seen are beyond belief.
                              It has kept me entertained as i get cramp in my finger from folding so much lol.
                              Like anything those who adapt and learn survive.
                              And in 15 days the Premier League beckons for the top 1500. ( with 20+ vpps).
                              And then you know there are going to be some REAL quality players to compete against.
                              I can't wait for it - it should be quality. Untill i get relegated !!! lol B

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.