PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Table Moderators

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Table Moderators

    Hello All,

    Been lurking.... reading the posts but this is my first post here.

    What is the general response time for a table moderator? Been sitting at the PSO tables all month and don't have a huge issue with non-English chat however, when the non-English chat looks to include numbers (I think) as well as announcing their hands, it's bothersome.

    I have called the moderator (twice) and had no response. Both continued.

    Or are there too many players that cannot grasp these difficult to understand rules????

    Cat
    Last edited by catndoglvr; Sat Jul 16, 2011, 06:33 AM.

  • #2
    usually 5 mins tops and they're there with their usual "hello players"....."please allow me to review chat"...."please be reminded to keep all chat clean and in english for the integrety of the game"......."thank you and good luck"

    same thing every time, almost like a bot.....

    Comment


    • #3
      YOU GET THIS ONE DAN
      I'M WATCHING ROUSO

      sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the replies.... after calling the moderator, I was at the table for approx. 30 mins afterwards with nada....

        Comment


        • #5
          Anyone want to set the over/under on the improvment next month??

          Dale
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by catndoglvr View Post
            Thanks for the replies.... after calling the moderator, I was at the table for approx. 30 mins afterwards with nada....
            WHAT DID YOU SAY WHEN YOU CALLED THEM ??

            sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

            Comment


            • #7
              The first call to the moderator was "Non-English language being used" and the the second call was "Non-English chat" (or very close to that).

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
                WHAT DID YOU SAY WHEN YOU CALLED THEM ??


                You angry about this post hemet, or is your caps lock still stuck??

                Dale
                3 Time Bracelet Winner

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by catndoglvr View Post
                  Hello All, Been lurking.... reading the posts but this is my first post here. What is the general response time for a table moderator? Been sitting at the PSO tables all month and don't have a huge issue with non-English chat however, when the non-English chat looks to include numbers (I think) as well as announcing their hands, it's bothersome. I have called the moderator (twice) and had no response. Both continued. Or are there too many players that cannot grasp these difficult to understand rules???? Cat
                  Welcome Cat..umbup: We have all discussed the issue of chat and the rules at length here...btw, yes, the mod should show up pretty quick.....so look for threads on chat issues...but along with calling a mod, send a hand history, which will include chat, in email to chat@pokerstars.com for further avenues of support. Let us know if you have any questions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by catndoglvr View Post
                    The first call to the moderator was "Non-English language being used" and the the second call was "Non-English chat" (or very close to that).

                    pretty strange that you were blanked twice. for future reference there is more of one way of getting a mod to the table, one is to do what you tried which failed. another is that is you go to the main lobby and click the help tab you should see the option contact support/upload documents. click on that and select the right fields and that should work. if all else fails you can directly send PS an email, don't know the address off the top of my head and don't wanna potentially post the wrong email addy, anyone else know it?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'VE NEVER HAD THEM TAKE MORE THEN A MIN. AND YES THEY WILL GIVE A WARNING BUT IF IT KEEPS UP CALL AGAIN IF YOU KEEP CALLING THEY WILL BLOCK THE PLAYERS CHAT PROBLEM IS PEOPLE QUIT CALLING THEM SO IT WILL KEEP UP IT PEOPLE ARE NOT PERSISTENT AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM umbup:
                      sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lets look at this issue.

                        You catch a player cheating and most players call a chat mod,which is wrong but it shouldnt be.
                        The chat mod should be able to deal with these issues.

                        So know lets look at the proper route.

                        Guy cheats you fire off a email to support with the hand history,2weeks later you get a response
                        and I will be honest here it tends to not be what you are looking for.

                        Seriously I have no idea why they have chat mods,since they use them in such a poor manner.

                        -Player speaking Russian has no clue what the mod is saying.
                        -Player that has had his chat banned will just wait two hands and start in on his tirade again.
                        -Mod tells player they can turn off chat,which is not the point of why they where called

                        Better system should be looked at.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          When the premier league starts next month, with way more money on the line, will this issue be taken more seriously?

                          This is my 3rd month in PSO. Still a rookie but...

                          How much will it change now that the PSO is so international??

                          Cat
                          Last edited by catndoglvr; Sat Jul 16, 2011, 08:13 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
                            I'VE NEVER HAD THEM TAKE MORE THEN A MIN. AND YES THEY WILL GIVE A WARNING BUT IF IT KEEPS UP CALL AGAIN IF YOU KEEP CALLING THEY WILL BLOCK THE PLAYERS CHAT PROBLEM IS PEOPLE QUIT CALLING THEM SO IT WILL KEEP UP IT PEOPLE ARE NOT PERSISTENT AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM umbup:
                            +100umbup:umbup:
                            Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
                            Lets look at this issue. You catch a player cheating and most players call a chat mod,which is wrong but it shouldnt be. The chat mod should be able to deal with these issues. So know lets look at the proper route. Guy cheats you fire off a email to support with the hand history,2weeks later you get a response and I will be honest here it tends to not be what you are looking for. Seriously I have no idea why they have chat mods,since they use them in such a poor manner. -Player speaking Russian has no clue what the mod is saying. -Player that has had his chat banned will just wait two hands and start in on his tirade again. -Mod tells player they can turn off chat,which is not the point of why they where called Better system should be looked at.
                            -10000 Support as to do with the game (Integrity, game problem, under age, etc) Moderators as to do with chat (English, swearing, etc) I was a MOD for 6 months with PokerStar and it's so funny hearing people complain and think they know how things work..... If you only knew

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Enlighten us relative to this thread.

                              Dale
                              3 Time Bracelet Winner

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.