PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new league no bubble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • new league no bubble

    As we head into the second half of the month i have come to realize the new league has no bubble.90 places paid is that the bubble......not........10k players hand for hand 1440 is this the bubble....spike8998 placed 1300ish and got a small negative ...not....this is the first time i have ever played in a tourny without a definite bubble ....now that the scores are getting bigger and more important could staff please tell us all ..in a 10k player tourny where is the bubble ty gl F.M.umbup:

  • #2
    Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
    As we head into the second half of the month i have come to realize the new league has no bubble.90 places paid is that the bubble......not........10k players hand for hand 1440 is this the bubble....spike8998 placed 1300ish and got a small negative ...not....this is the first time i have ever played in a tourny without a definite bubble ....now that the scores are getting bigger and more important could staff please tell us all ..in a 10k player tourny where is the bubble ty gl F.M.umbup:
    IF YOU MEAN PLUS POINTS IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SCORE SAME AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN GOOD LUCK
    sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
      IF YOU MEAN PLUS POINTS IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SCORE
      SAME AS IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN
      GOOD LUCK

      no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
        no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol

        WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BUBBLE ???

        sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by hemetdennis View Post
          WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY BUBBLE ???

          ok 90 player sitngo pays 12 spots the bubble is 13 hence bubble boy

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
            no Denis tell me where the bubble is ...must be hidden lol
            That is a good question where is the bubble sitting at ? Hand for hand is at 1440 only gain some points. I think the bubble is at 91, because itm is at 90 place.
            Maybe i'm wrong ?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
              ok 90 player sitngo pays 12 spots the bubble is 13 hence bubble boy

              THEN IT'S 1441 WITH 10,000

              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

              Comment


              • #8
                This is what i was trying to ask in this thread/topic,
                http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...86-Pay-outs-10

                10000-90-5301-108?

                As every other tournament i have played the More players there is the
                bigger place payed field/ smaller amount players less place payed field,
                why would the smaller player field have bigger place payed?, IM not Questioning the ITM but the Places payed
                10000 player game have 90 ? places payed, 1440 ITM
                5301 player game have 108 ? places payed, 750 ITM

                yeap i know its meaningless, and i know higher rank u are the more u lose points for same place (ive seen that in my own results) etc, every time i don't play tournament i lose 9-41 points in rank.
                Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Wed Jul 13, 2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: edit (itlics)
                3 Time Bracelet Winner


                Comment


                • #9
                  they answered it pretty well in the other thread hightimes. With a 10k field you cant pay out less than a penny. The actual payout is meaningless
                  You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 0HighTimes0 View Post
                    This is what i was trying to ask in this thread/topic,
                    http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...86-Pay-outs-10

                    10000-90-5301-108?

                    As every other tournament i have played the More players there is the
                    bigger place payed field/ smaller amount players less place payed field,
                    why would the smaller player field have bigger place payed?, IM not Questioning the ITM but the Places payed
                    10000 player game have 90 ? places payed, 1440 ITM
                    5301 player game have 108 ? places payed, 750 ITM
                    spike8998 came in 1300ish out of 10k he scored a small negative so 1440 is no good after his score reached 2400 or so ...F.M.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
                      spike8998 came in 1300ish out of 10k he scored a small negative so 1440 is no good after his score reached 2400 or so ...F.M.

                      IF THE PRIZE POOL WAS MORE THEN $10 SPIKE WOULD HAVE GOT MONEY AND NEGATIVE POINTS
                      SO WHEN YOU SAY BUBBLE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH POINTS
                      HOPE THIS HELPS
                      GOOD LUCK

                      sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If there are 10k players in the tourney then the bubble 1440, but how points are distributed depends a lot on what ranking points you have at the time of reaching the bubble. ie. Player 1 has 1500 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around 25pts. Player 2 has 2400 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around -1pts in both cases the bubble was 1440 yet player 2 received negative points because his ranking points have reached a stage were he now needs to finish below 1000 out of 10k to achieve + points. Once the number of entries starts to drop, ie 8000 players then the bubble would drop to around 1320. So remember the more ranking pts you have prior to stating the game the higher you have to finish past the bubble stage to achieve a decent + score for that game. This also works in reverse. ie If Player 1 was to get knocked out early on lets say 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 30 pts. If Player 2 were to get knocked out in 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 80 pts. This is why you start to see the leaders scores slow down once they reach a certain points range in this case it seems to be 2500 as it gets harder for him to consecutively make good plus points in every game he plays, and risks big negative points for not making it past 10% of the field. These points can give you a good marker on what sort of score you will need to reach your goal whether it be top 1500 or top 10. Hope this can help you. good luck umbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by De Hitman View Post
                          If there are 10k players in the tourney then the bubble 1440, but how points are distributed depends a lot on what ranking points you have at the time of reaching the bubble. ie. Player 1 has 1500 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around 25pts. Player 2 has 2400 ranking points and finishes 1400 out of 10k he would receive around -1pts in both cases the bubble was 1440 yet player 2 received negative points because his ranking points have reached a stage were he now needs to finish below 1000 out of 10k to achieve + points. Once the number of entries starts to drop, ie 8000 players then the bubble would drop to around 1320. So remember the more ranking pts you have prior to stating the game the higher you have to finish past the bubble stage to achieve a decent + score for that game. This also works in reverse. ie If Player 1 was to get knocked out early on lets say 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 30 pts. If Player 2 were to get knocked out in 8000 out of 10k he would receive a negative score of around - 80 pts. This is why you start to see the leaders scores slow down once they reach a certain points range in this case it seems to be 2500 as it gets harder for him to consecutively make good plus points in every game he plays, and risks big negative points for not making it past 10% of the field. These points can give you a good marker on what sort of score you will need to reach your goal whether it be top 1500 or top 10. Hope this can help you. good luck umbup:
                          thanks hitman ....in the old pso we had a bubble ..500 players paid 54 places and so on ..it didnt matter how mant pts you had you knew to make it to the money basicaly to double your pts...in the new league ..juty anyway there is no bubble ..at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin ..gl ty F.M.umbup:

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
                            thanks hitman ....in the old pso we had a bubble ..500 players paid 54 places and so on ..it didnt matter how mant pts you had you knew to make it to the money basicaly to double your pts...in the new league ..juty anyway there is no bubble ..at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin ..gl ty F.M.umbup:
                            IN THE OLD LEAGUE GAMES YOU COULD GET ITM AND STILL GET NO OR ONLY A FEW POINTS
                            sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by FarrahnsMom View Post
                              at least trustysam put out a break even point so we now have some clue as to where the points begin
                              I can make more charts if you find these helpful!

                              Approx. Points for Around 2100 on the Leaderboard (10,000 people)
                              1st Place...... 70 (plus 60 point bonus for coming in first - 10th place is around 70 points)
                              10............... 70
                              300............. 50
                              625............. 30
                              750............. 25
                              1000............17
                              1300............. 9
                              1440............. 6
                              1500............. 2
                              1600............. 0
                              1750............ -2
                              2000............ -6
                              2500.......... -12
                              5000.......... -22
                              10000........ -32


                              Approx. Points for Around 2000 on the Leaderboard (10,000 people)
                              1st Place...... 73 (plus 60 point bonus for coming in first - 10th place is around 73 points)
                              10............... 73
                              300............. 54
                              625............. 34
                              750............. 28
                              1000........... 20
                              1300............12
                              1440............. 9
                              1500............. 5
                              1750............. 1
                              1800............. 0
                              2000............ -3
                              2500.......... -10
                              5000.......... -20
                              10000........ -30

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.