PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

150 vpp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 vpp

When I first heard the high dollar requirment for the premier league of a 150vpp, I thought I had no chance. Well dang if I didnt hit it in 8 days!!!! So surprised!!

Combination of a couple of marathon ring games and then, more importantly, PLO has gotten me there. And with positive cash flow as well

Now all I have to do is qualify for the premier!! Looooong month to go.

Dale
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by dale442 View Post
    When I first heard the high dollar requirment for the premier league of a 150vpp, I thought I had no chance. Well dang if I didnt hit it in 8 days!!!! So surprised!!

Combination of a couple of marathon ring games and then, more importantly, PLO has gotten me there. And with positive cash flow as well

Now all I have to do is qualify for the premier!! Looooong month to go.

Dale
    YOU MEAN AFTER ALL THE POST SAYING IT CAN'T BE DONE WITHOUT BREAKING YOUR BR AND NOW YOU SAY IT CAN BE I AM SO CONFUSED NOW
    GOOD JOB HAS ANYBODY ELSE DONE THIS ??
    HMMMM MAYBE THE CHANGES ARE NOT SO BAD
    GOOD LUCK

Comment

Good Job...I done it 2...but losing 300 $

Comment

about 150 points in 5 days costed me aboou 30 dollar!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by O.Vasile View Post
          FOR REAL IF YOU CAN'T PLAY GOOD ENOUGH TO MAKE 150 VPP'S FOR A LOW AMOUNT IS IT PROFITABLE TO GET THEM???
          WHEN YOU CAN EARN THEM AND NOT AT LEAST BREAK EVEN THEN YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN MUCH OF A PRIZE FROM THE LEAGUE.
          THINK A LITTLE COST/ BENEFIT
          GOOD LUCK

Last edited by fadmin; Sat Jul 09, 2011, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Away from cash games, that's about how much you need to stake in order to get your 150 VPP's.

So you lost everything you played?

Comment

Got 150.24 VPPs in 7 days, but cost me $30 to get 20 VPPs, then i deposited $38, and made another 130.24VPPs now bank roll 65 cents lol, considering i got 150.24 VPPs and im doing ok in the league this month, ill try to get 50$, then in the hunt for 5000$ next month Premier league, wish me luck good ppl oh and u haters can wish me luck as well lol GL all and GL donkeys

Comment

Gl mohammed :d

Comment

A walk through the stat sites that cannot be mentioned would suggest that you're spinning a bit of a ripping yarn.

Comment

im taking my time its the morning of july 9th i have 85 vpps and im up 10 dollars ...shouldnt be a problem gl all F.M.

Comment

189.64 only this month but it took my bankroll eventaly! i totaly deposited about 60 euro's and my bankroll stayed around that much, went up and down a little till suddenly out of the blue i had 3 monsterous bad beats in a row blowing my bankroll.

how ever now i can focus on getting as high as possible on the leaderboard so we can trie to do better next month

Comment

Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post
                        189.64 only this month but it took my bankroll eventaly! i totaly deposited about 60 euro's and my bankroll stayed around that much, went up and down a little till suddenly out of the blue i had 3 monsterous bad beats in a row blowing my bankroll.

how ever now i can focus on getting as high as possible on the leaderboard so we can trie to do better next month

Not sure why getting high on the leaderboard in a freeroll league has anything to do with your bankroll management, you may need to expand on that.

Comment

It's easy to lose the money and hard to make it back, isn't it?

When I first started out on PokerStars, I learned all the rules and read a couple of books and got lucky with some cards and thought maybe there was some easy money to be had. Then by the time the 'heater' cooled off, I had dug a bit of a hole for myself that compelled me to seek out all the learning resources available on PSO, and I've started to dig myself out of the hole. Took me maybe 5 hours total to dig the hole, it's taken me a couple of months to make progress digging myself out of it!

Getting there, but I'm still at the point where after a tourney, even STT's, I'm a little mentally fatigued from having to put a lot of thought into the decision-making. And multi-tabling - after an hour of that, I literally need a nap!

I guess I've decided to make turning a profit outside of PSO my primary goal with the hope that the 150VPP's'll come naturally over time when my game progresses, rather than the other way around. Although the prizes through PSO are sure enticing! It'd sure be nice to have those 150VPP's! I guess for me they'll come when they come

Tough choice to make though - the prizes sure do look nice for those with 150VPP's

Comment

Not sure about losing money (BR) in order to obtain the VPP's?? Seems to defeat the purpose of getting to the premier. No guaratee of getting any of your lost money back.

Dale
                            3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by KOingDonks View Post
                              Got 150.24 VPPs in 7 days, but cost me $30 to get 20 VPPs, then i deposited $38, and made another 130.24VPPs now bank roll 65 cents lol, considering i got 150.24 VPPs and im doing ok in the league this month, ill try to get 50$, then in the hunt for 5000$ next month Premier league, wish me luck good ppl oh and u haters can wish me luck as well lol GL all and GL donkeys
                              Originally posted by 77wopke77 View Post

WOW....I guess you guys have NO clue about bankroll management
                              You should do a bit of research on the subject. Plenty was posted in these forums. You can also do a search on the internet.

WOW....... thinking about vpp's before bankroll management

WOW..... why should I care, you're the ones feeding us......LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.