PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ring game and VPP's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ring game and VPP's

Hey guy an gals,

Im a week into my account here, i was able to cash in the last PSO tourney of June .
    I spent yesterday playing the .01/.02 NL 6 man tables. played a couple hours (bout 150 - 200 hands) and racked up a whopping 7.37 vpp's and made out even for the day. is this a good take, or should i play the bigger tables?

Thx an Good Luck on the felts

Originally posted by WildYetty View Post
    Hey guy an gals, Im a week into my account here, i was able to cash in the last PSO tourney of June . I spent yesterday playing the .01/.02 NL 6 man tables. played a couple hours (bout 150 - 200 hands) and racked up a whopping 7.37 vpp's and made out even for the day. is this a good take, or should i play the bigger tables? Thx an Good Luck on the felts
    Play Omaha ur best bet winning fast VPPs and cash LOL
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Comment

This is a hand b4 the top replayer...
      Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Comment

Hey guy an gals,

Im a week into my account here, i was able to cash in the last PSO tourney of June .
        I spent yesterday playing the .01/.02 NL 6 man tables. played a couple hours (bout 150 - 200 hands) and racked up a whopping 7.37 vpp's and made out even for the day. is this a good take, or should i play the bigger tables?

Thx an Good Luck on the felts

Back when we Americans played, that would be a good day on a single table. My experience had most hands at a hold'em table, about 80%, never made the rake. Coming out even means those vpps cost you nothing, which is great. Do the same thing for three days and you'll have the minimum vpps needed to be active. I found you don't start getting a positive rake percentage, 50% or greater, until the 5¢/10¢ games. Naturally, the costs can go higher.

As noted in another response, omaha seems to attract a lot of table action, which means more rake. Remember to keep an eye on that average pot size. If it drops below 30¢, I would suggest moving just before the big blind for a table that has a larger average pot.

The number of hands played, 200, would be about four hours on a nine-player table and around three on a six-player table. So again, it depends on your bankroll. If all you do is fold on either table, you can see the six-player table can cost more since more hands are played. Conversely, you'll earn vpps faster.

Comment

Thanks for the info Carin, very helpful. Im working of a very limited bankroll at the moment. maybe next week ill hit the .05/.10 tables.

Comment

ive noticed that im gaining a little more tha a full vpp every 70 hands on a 6 man table compared to less than a half vpp point for the same amount of hands on a 9 man table.

is this because its a turbo day? or does that matter?

Comment

ive noticed that im gaining a little more tha a full vpp every 70 hands on a 6 man table compared to less than a half vpp point for the same amount of hands on a 9 man table.

is this because its a turbo day? or does that matter?
              There is a higher rate for 6max tables.

Welcome to the forum yetty! Anyone ever tell you that you look like Woody Harrelson?

Comment

Lol thx... No cant say ive heard that before...

PS thats a wig im my dome... im bald ( on Purpose)

Comment

Lol thx... No cant say ive heard that before... PS thats a wig im my dome... im bald ( on Purpose)
                  You look like that Mike boogy guy from the old big brother show lol, anyways depending on your bankroll and comfort level 10nl 6 max is a good VPP grower, and obviously the higher the stakes the more vpps earned, but also the higher the risk to go busto So just use good bankroll mgt and the vpps will comeumbup:

Comment

lol.. cant say ive watched the show... but thx for your advise guys, i managed to expand my bankroll a bit yeterday and got my first 20 vpp's in the bank.

PS keep that KRAZY LAG style away from me roomik :P

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.