PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why so many idiots waste their time playing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why so many idiots waste their time playing?

I just have to vent out, i guess. I'm new to the league, and it makes me sick to my stomach to see all those stupid calls out there. It just sucks so bad and hurts the game. How can you call 1/8 of your chips against an all in with Q 5 different suits... am i missing something here?!? and end up winning the hand with a set... makes me want to barf. lol. Or people calling a 2000 raise with a 9 4 and manage to win the hand?!? just sickening. Anyways, i think i feel a bit better now.
    Cheers everyone and good luck!

Q5o is terrible.

94o is the PStars Monkey Nutz however...

No seriously just note the idiots,keep getting it in good on them (shouldn't be hard) and abuse them as the mouth-breathing chip ATM's that they are.

Comment

Welcome to PSO. If you just joined PSO in July, you are in for a real treat.

In the good ole days, such as June, you had to be a member of PSO to play. There were about 500 people in a tourney. Sure there were a few donks, ok lots of them, but now there are millions. OK, make that thousands.

I just finished in 1224th place out of 7229. In the first hour I played 2 hands. Guy beside me went all-in on MOST hands. I won both hands I entered. First one with 72 off-suit. Yes, you read that right. In the big blind I limped in and limped to the river. Two players had big cards and caught nothing. I had a pair of sevens. In the other hand I called the all-in donk with my pocket pair of 66. It stood up against his A9 off-suit.

I am having my doubts about this new league, but will stay with it for now.

Maybe we'll meet at a table and patiently watch the donks beat each other up.

Herk

Comment

I watched some player this morning donk his way to a massive $40K chip stack, only to blow the whole thing off in 1 hand against another player who had KK with his AQo. The donk shoved it all in, bad luck the other guy had KK. Not a good play to shove in a 40K stack with a 100K stack left to act, and the donk had at least 100 BBs.

I think the vast majority of these 10K players see these tourneys as just more astronomer freerolls but without a round 2, they can win money directly from this tourney. They probably don't know or care about the leaderboard or points or monthly prizes.

Comment

wow

Well, my great experience continues.... something interesting happens in every tourney but, i think this one is by far the best. 10 min into the tourney tonight, i hit AKs so i taught i would raise, about 260 or so, this guy calls me... rainbow flop, so i raise agin and get called, ok.... turn card comes a K, so all in i go... only to see that i got called all that time by J7 who ended up hitting the str8!!! Great fun i tell you!!! cheers

Comment

Have fun watching this one

Comment

if i go into my history i swear that same hand has burnt me in so many ways.... Not much you can do there other than just call or fold. (bad move).

But thats life with internet poker n freerolls

Comment

The only way to get points is to nit it up and slow it down and profile who you are playing against.

Even premier hands are at risk with loose callers/raisers.

I played two hands in two and a half hours: pocket Jacks and Aces and ended up finishing in the top 500.

It was boring as hell, I folded, pocket 6s, 7s, 8,s 10,s and even pocket Ks and pocket Qs. None of these hands would have won, so I am not sure if it was judgement or just luck on my part.

I would never normally play this way but if you want to accumulate points and avoid getting negative points it seems there is not much other choice. Play poker and you will be sucked out!!!

I hope this helps anyone who is struggling and wants to qualify for next month.

Cheers,

TC

Comment

l've been staying away from the forums lately, it tilts me at times, but anyways,

Where do you think your going to get the chips from?

Not from the good players, more donks and shove monkeys the better,

So watch your table, find the donks and shove monkey's, and double up

cheers
                  Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thats true too Eff, (hope that you are well )

But you need to pick your spots carefully, if there are 4 0r 5 in the same hand, I am wary about getting involved, but if it is a one on one I will do my best to outplay them

I was moved 8 times today which was a bit of a pain in the bottom. I have to say things do improve as the game goes on.

TC

Comment

Originally posted by effsea View Post
                      l've been staying away from the forums lately, it tilts me at times, but anyways,

cheers
                      Normally I wouldn't hesitate to give this opinion my 100% backing. But these are the first tournaments I've ever played where it's a better idea to target the decent players. Assuming you can find any

Comment

I will be running some sessions on the PSO handbook if you will moving forward in the live training. You need to understand that we are not playing these games for the tourney win we are playing as many as we can in the month for volume and we are ladder climbing so our play is quite different than a normal MTT.
                        On the bright side though I heard you saved a tonne of money by switching to GEICO!

Gidee Up!

Comment

Originally posted by 19honu62 View Post
                          I will be running some sessions on the PSO handbook if you will moving forward in the live training. You need to understand that we are not playing these games for the tourney win we are playing as many as we can in the month for volume and we are ladder climbing so our play is quite different than a normal MTT. On the bright side though I heard you saved a tonne of money by switching to GEICO! Gidee Up!
                          What do you live under a rock? Nice job last night cowboy on the live training. Should be some valuable lessons in this subject. umbup:

Comment

bad enough...
                            Originally posted by Mikey_hba View Post
                            Have fun watching this one
                            well, i have to admit, this is bad enough, but at least he didn't fish for it up to the river to hit is full house.

Comment

your right

Originally posted by effsea View Post

cheers

I have to agree with you, keep those shove monkeys coming, the odds are in our favor. i believe i used this to vent out a bit and have some fun hearing about similar stories.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.