PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matts Omaha notes to self

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matts Omaha notes to self

Some notes I wrote for my self over the past months playing Omaha and Omaha HI/LO

1) TWO from the hand THREE from the board

2) When calling your nut lo it is verrrry important your are playing HI/lo

3) When re-raising pot with your full house make sure its not trips. Refer to #1

4) There is no shame in counting your fingers to make sure your st-8 is in fact 5 cards not a four card st-8 and a pair or 4 cards with a gap (unless playing live its embarrassing and gives away your hand or lack of one.) refer to #1 again

5) Do not slow play st-8s, flushes, or small full houses, Omaha in Ojibwa means “nuts to crap fast”

6) You may only once a tourney or session say, “damn I wish we were playing cribbage” and that is only if no one at the table has ever heard you say it before.

7) Do not hum, sing, or listen to the Counting Crows song "Omaha" it will not help its about the city not the game.(In a live game singing can get very annoying so Im told. (my voce is not that bad))

8) If you flop an open-ended st-8 and there are two of a suit on the board, give up now, you will get your nut st-8 but it will not matter the card that gave you the st-8 will always be the third suit.

9) You can be in the losest game in the world and you have the stone nuts no one will give you action ever, bet.

I hope my notes help you. I need to learn much more about Omaha so if you could sare some of your too that would be great.

--Matt--

Amen Brother

I concur

gromyko

Comment

That was funny

All of the above, or, my favourite........

Click 'unjoin' before it's too late!

CLAY

Comment

ammendment #1: if u flop a set, muck it...
        you WILL get beat by str8 or flush (unless you you want to take the chance with the board pairing).

ammentment #2: if you have a str8 or flush, muck it...
        the board WILL pair then and you willlose to FH.

ammentment #3: refer to #1-#3 in original above frquently

Comment

hehe

Randy

Comment

amendment #4: when u flop broadway with 2 clubs showing (and u have none) and u are all in, beware of that 3rd club it will give tha person with 7783 there flush.

Comment

Working...
            X