PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My last roll of the dice

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My last roll of the dice

    I have not played much this month but I am still handily placed in the top 30, been enjoying the Film Festival in Munich and living a bit of life outside Poker. I got home before the 17.30 ET game and played and had a nightmare game. Totally card dead for over an hour and a half and the only hand I would have won was if i had went in with 2,5 unsuited just over an hour in. Anyways, I am going to give the last two games a shot today, and maybe the early one tomorrow to try and make the top 10 in the last PSO League as we know it. For me that will be the last hurray for a few months ( I will try to remain active, 20VPP and five games a month is it?); it's Summer, Munich is buzzing, the Alps and Italy are nearby, holidays are coming, and maybe the last few days spent more with friends, colleagues, neighbours and the good lady have taught me that there is more to life than just going to work and playing poker. There are a lot of people here that it has been a privilege to meet, play poker with, and learn from. I hope that I have contributed something in the other direction as well. Now I got to play a tournament and take this league down. Good luck to all and happy hunting. TC PS: I will make a post tomorrow on the Dale/Gate affair; I always fancied myself in a conflict resolution role. PSO Conflict Resolution: now that would look good under my avatar. LOL umbup:umbup:

  • #2
    Good luck Topperumbup: and we could use a good referee in here

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by topthecat View Post

      PS: I always fancied myself in a conflict resolution role. :
      Love your idea Top (to take the summer off, that is)

      With regards to your interest in attempting a conflict resolution - I so appreciate your sincerity and desire to help. Unfortunately just about every person who fancied themselves a 'helper' in that thread wound up saying something that made something worse.

      I've seen you post comments about how cheesed off the lack of responsiveness from PokerStars has made you about rules, and I have yet to see you cheese off about feeling unjustly accused of wrongdoing as a result of your ignorance of the rules.

      The cornerstone of mediation is empathy - being able to see the reasonableness of each person's take on the issue. And empathy oftentimes comes from having experienced what others have experienced.

      Have you ever been accused of breaking the rules (by accident)? Because it happened to me about two weeks ago and I was furious at the person because they were sloppy and careless and thoughtless in their approach, and everybody at the table stood up for me because you know what, normal people don't care that people announce the hands after everybody's gone all-in and the dealer just has left to flip the turn and river - it didn't impact the play. Apparently I did break the rules, but honestly I think Viper with his 5300 ranking out of 5500 people really ought to look in his own house for why he's so frustrated rather than take it out on other people who don't know any better.

      I mean like if you see this as another opportunity to vent about the lack of responsiveness from Pokerstars with regards to your pet peeve of rule breaking by newbies, then that's your right. But I already know that's what it's going to be - a vent and not a conflict resolver.
      Last edited by TrustySam; Wed Jun 29, 2011, 04:07 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
        Love your idea Top (to take the summer off, that is)

        With regards to your interest in attempting a conflict resolution - I so appreciate your sincerity and desire to help. Unfortunately just about every person who fancied themselves a 'helper' in that thread wound up saying something that made something worse.

        I've seen you post comments about how cheesed off the lack of responsiveness from PokerStars has made you about rules, and I have yet to see you cheese off about feeling unjustly accused of wrongdoing as a result of your ignorance of the rules.

        The cornerstone of mediation is empathy - being able to see the reasonableness of each person's take on the issue. And empathy oftentimes comes from having experienced what others have experienced.

        Have you ever been accused of breaking the rules (by accident)? Because it happened to me about two weeks ago and I was furious at the person because they were sloppy and careless and thoughtless in their approach, and everybody at the table stood up for me because you know what, normal people don't care that people announce the hands after everybody's gone all-in and the dealer just has left to flip the turn and river - it didn't impact the play. Apparently I did break the rules, but honestly I think Viper with his 5300 ranking out of 5500 people really ought to look in his own house for why he's so frustrated rather than take it out on other people who don't know any better.

        I mean like if you see this as another opportunity to vent about the lack of responsiveness from Pokerstars with regards to your pet peeve of rule breaking by newbies, then that's your right. But I already know that's what it's going to be - a vent and not a conflict resolver.

        So what is the price of bread?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Swaxwell View Post
          So what is the price of bread?
          You mean metaphorically - as in how do we broker peace (ie break bread)?

          Or are you implying that you believe the global economic downturn has caused tempers to flare and frustrations to rise the world over (rising prices are used to measure inflation, and inflation is a negative correlation to peoples' sense of economic well-being)?

          Or are you just wondering how much it costs these days because you want some to go with Top's cheese

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
            You mean metaphorically - as in how do we broker peace (ie break bread)?

            Or are you implying that you believe the global economic downturn has caused tempers to flare and frustrations to rise the world over (rising prices are used as an indication of the sentiment of personal wellbeing)?

            Or are you just wondering how much it costs these days because you want some to go with Top's cheese


            I actualy LOLed

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TrustySam View Post

              I mean like if you see this as another opportunity to vent about the lack of responsiveness from Pokerstars with regards to your pet peeve of rule breaking by newbies, then that's your right. But I already know that's what it's going to be - a vent and not a conflict resolver.
              Well first of all Trusty Sam, you are not a newbie, you are a shit stirrer and that is being polite.

              Now, the link to my avatar might say I have been here since 2007 or whatever, but I only started playing for money on Pokerstars at the end of 2010.

              Now I do not know if you are really a female, or if that is just an edge for you, but no matter whatever piece of advice you have ever been given publicly on this forum, you have chosen to twist it around and imply that you are some kind of victim. I will choose the words of a well known PSOer, you act like you have game, ethics and principles, but honestly you have the brains of a penguin, and I am sorry if I have insulted any penguins with that remark.

              Now, do something useful with your sorry little life, strop creating shite and disharmony, and practice what you preach, stop turning people against each other, and give something to this community that helps others; and if you are a shark, I am ****ing Godzilla.

              TC

              and no ****ing smilies

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                Well first of all Trusty Sam, you are not a newbie, you are a shit stirrer and that is being polite.

                Now, the link to my avatar might say I have been here since 2007 or whatever, but I only started playing for money on Pokerstars at the end of 2010.

                Now I do not know if you are really a female, or if that is just an edge for you, but no matter whatever piece of advice you have ever been given publicly on this forum, you have chosen to twist it around and imply that you are some kind of victim. I will choose the words of a well known PSOer, you act like you have game, ethics and principles, but honestly you have the brains of a penguin, and I am sorry if I have insulted any penguins with that remark.

                Now, do something useful with your sorry little life, strop creating shite and disharmony, and practice what you preach, stop turning people against each other, and give something to this community that helps others; and if you are a shark, I am ****ing Godzilla.

                TC

                and no ****ing smilies
                I continue to LOL

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Swaxwell View Post
                  I continue to LOL
                  Do I know you?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                    Well first of all Trusty Sam, you are not a newbie, you are a shit stirrer and that is being polite.

                    Now, the link to my avatar might say I have been here since 2007 or whatever, but I only started playing for money on Pokerstars at the end of 2010.

                    Now I do not know if you are really a female, or if that is just an edge for you, but no matter whatever piece of advice you have ever been given publicly on this forum, you have chosen to twist it around and imply that you are some kind of victim. I will choose the words of a well known PSOer, you act like you have game, ethics and principles, but honestly you have the brains of a penguin, and I am sorry if I have insulted any penguins with that remark.

                    Now, do something useful with your sorry little life, strop creating shite and disharmony, and practice what you preach, stop turning people against each other, and give something to this community that helps others; and if you are a shark, I am ****ing Godzilla.

                    TC

                    and no ****ing smilies
                    Not sure if that was your attempt at conflict resolution there, I just don't even care.

                    Just to let you know though, I reported you for violating the rules of the message board - seeing as you hate people who break rules, well I suppose you'll have the summer to sort out your inner turmoil.

                    It is what it is.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                      and no ****ing smilies
                      umbup:t-up: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TrustySam View Post
                        Do I know you?
                        Considering the vast numbers of members in the PSO, and the small number of members that I know, I think that the chance of us 'knowing' each other is small.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Swaxwell View Post
                          Considering the vast numbers of members in the PSO, and the small number of members that I know, I think that the chance of us 'knowing' each other is small.
                          I have in my notes that we played each other on June 5th and that you shoved from middle position with blinds at 300/150 with a stack of 2200 with A9o and met up with ATo.

                          Sounds reasonable ... it happens ...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Have a Nice Day

                            ** closed **
                            Super-Moderator

                            7 Time Bracelet Winner



                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            X Cookies Information

                            We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.