PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

husbands and wives

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• husbands and wives

Can a husband and wife share an account??

Can a husband and wife have seperate accounts at the same home addy??

Thanks,

Dale
    3 Time Bracelet Winner

no they cant share one account but they both can have there own accounts so long as the rules arent being broken IE sharing what each other is holding, soft playing you know the drill

Comment

Sharing an account is a definite no-no, but you can each have your own account. Just to be proactive, I would contact Pokerstars before you do this to verify that you are not multi-accounting.

There are also some restrictions about playing in the same events, you should find the answers you need in the new Poker Room tab at the top right of the page.

Hope that helps.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

What a slime ball Dale, I was teaching my wife how to play while I sat beside her and your complaint is she clicked the mouse a couple of times. Well sue me for showing her how to play. Its an attemp to stop her complaining about the time I spend playing poker... What a snake to try make more of it.
        2012 Double Bracelet Winner
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Slime ball ????? For very politely pointing something out????

Geez, chat off I guess?

I did NO flaming at the table, and no flaming here as well. Tried to help, only to get shat on??

You should be saying thank you!!

Man...there was no complaint there. Just pointed it out to help you

Dale

yep, changed my mind
          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by gatehouse999 View Post
            What a slime ball Dale, I was teaching my wife how to play while I sat beside her and your complaint is she clicked the mouse a couple of times. Well sue me for showing her how to play. Its an attemp to stop her complaining about the time I spend playing poker... What a snake to try make more of it.

with that said I dont think there is anything wrong with what gatehouse did, its not like she was a shark and making sure he itm'd he was simply teaching her how to play now Iam not sure but I think the rules are set that way so that a shark doesnt take over a fish's account to get them itm yes I know that sharing an account is wrong but as gatehouse said he was sitting right there and just letting here get the feel of the game hoping to spike an interest in it so she will create her own account, with that said yes it is against the rules but it was innocent I dont know if it is a reason to ban gatehouses account or not but I dont think it is warranted under the circumstances, let the flaming begin

Comment

His wife unknowingly announced that she was playing for her husband. I nicely pointed out that it may be against the rules, as I wasn't sure. Told them it was a dead issue at the table. Just wanted to point it out.
              Posted here ONLY to find out if I was correct.

Notice how no screen name was mentioned, nothing.Didn't mentioned it had happened, again nothing.

I said that I "personally" had no problems with it but some might. Repeated the "dead issue" comment again.

And the flamming began.....sigh

Dale
              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Some of us saw it Dale.

Gate, just a suggestion..Dale did only come and ask to find an answer to his legitimate question. I'm not thinking that your actions with your wife were so bad...but they are against the rules. Many people do what you did in attempting to show others how much they enjoy playing here. I understand that. But know that it is a violation.
                You outed yourself with your response, and as a bystander, I personally don't see the need to attack him with name calling. I understand your frustration, I just think you may have let it go a bit too far.

Sometimes when we read something, we should prepare a response, and then save it for a while until we're sure that the emotions of the issue have settled down for us before posting it.

Comment

dale just so you know, my "let the flaming begin" comment wasnt directed towards you, I figured I would get flamed for my 2 cents lol

Comment

Make sure you inform pokerstars support first if your wife is going to make an account this way they can block you from playing at the same table or the same sit and go.
                    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dan your right I should have waited a while but hindsight and all that. I outed myself as i am open and honest I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly. Dale I appologise for my namecalling and perhaps you were not being as sneaky as I first thought.Anyway if enough of you feel I have commited an almighty sin then \i accept what ever draconian punnishment thats coming my way. Bones as always you are a true gent. Good luck at the tables and that includes you Dale.
                      2012 Double Bracelet Winner
                      Bracelet Winner

Comment

You can't play on each others accounts. And there are some other rules also. Just be fair dont do anything you wouldnt do in a live game.
                        2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Gate if you both want to play from the same address make sure you contact support and let them know of your intention. They may inform you right then as to the restrictions against any games in which the two of you would be disallowed from participating in at the same time. If you need to be further directed they'll do so at that point. They may want picture screenshots of picture ID's of both you and the missus as well (pretty sure that was a requirement in straightening out the whole sharkatak-datzang situation).

Comment

I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly..
                            I know what yer trying to say but this is funny .^^^^^^^^

Dale asked a legit question.More than 1 player per account is against the TOS of PS.
                            Multiple accounts in the same household is allowed,there are guidelines that are required of those accounts to follow.

Comment

Dan your right I should have waited a while but hindsight and all that. I outed myself as i am open and honest I was trying to teach my wife how to play poker badly. Dale I appologise for my namecalling and perhaps you were not being as sneaky as I first thought.Anyway if enough of you feel I have commited an almighty sin then \i accept what ever draconian punnishment thats coming my way. Bones as always you are a true gent. Good luck at the tables and that includes you Dale.
                              "Perhaps" not being sneaky???

No name mentioned. No event mentioned. No report to Stars sent....ect????

As I clearly said at the table...I had no problem with what you were doing. I did say "Personally" had no issue, but some might.

Outing yourself was your choice. I had no intention of it going anywhere. You chose to do so.

If I am the prack you think, it would have been put up clearly for all to see.

Can you now see how I was only trying to help???

Dale
                              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.