PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pso league sugestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pso league sugestion

this is my first full month in the league ,i get wound up like many players ,but must admit i get wound up cause i love the game,so because of some comments about the league,i have a simple sugestion,the first ten players out of any league match should get a manditory minus100,if you get a big reward for fist place give the same for first out ,may slow down some of the early all in

trying to make it stronger with sugestion not trying to shoot down the league,any other more productive thoughts ?
    Last edited by PLaws62; Wed Jun 01, 2011, 03:16 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Don't think this would solve anything. The majority of players who have early exits don't care about points. And the rest likely got it in way ahead, thinking they were on their way to an early double up.

Comment

Originally posted by PLaws62 View Post
      this is my first full month in the league ,i get wound up like many players ,but must admit i get wound up cause i love the game,so because of some comments about the league,i have a simple sugestion,the first ten players out of any league match should get a manditory minus100,if you get a big reward for fist place give the same for first out ,may slow down some of the early all in

trying to make it stronger with sugestion not trying to shoot down the league,any other more productive thoughts ?
      So what your saying is if I get pocket Aces first hand flop trips and get knocked out by a bad player I deserve to lose a 100 points?
      hmmm...
      Last edited by shirshot; Sat Jun 04, 2011, 03:21 AM. Reason: Cause all the cool kids are doing it. :)
      7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by shirshot View Post
        So what your saying is if I get pocket Aces first hand flop trips and get knocked out by a bad player I deserve to lose a 100 points?
        hmmm

THAT'S WHAT THE MAN SAID

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

How about the previous months winner carries a $2
          bounty on his or her head for the following month in each game they play.
          2012 Double Bracelet Winner
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

hmmm
            Exactly what the hell are you doing playing first hour let alone with pocket rockets does anyone really want a rocket in their pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehouse999 View Post
              i think that sounds like a good idea. i think PSO should get rid of the prize structure completely. its stupid when every hand you have to wait 5 mins for your go coz every1 running down the clock every hand just to try and get ITM. its not poker at all. its stupid childs play.

instead do as the above quote says, but put it staggered on the top 3 finishers of the previous month. that way the best are hunted down for the money, and it will stop the stupid patheitic 'lets run the clock down every hand coz ive played rubbish all tourney and am desperate for a few extra points' game people play and get the game flowing like a proper poker game. its meant to be a skill league and there aint nothing skillful about running the clock down every hand.

Comment

Even though you are a Man U fan Poke, I will have to disagree.

Skill in the PSO league is not about how good you think you are at poker, whether or not you use the clock, it is not about thinking you played brilliantly in one tourney, or that as you see it, your opponent played rubbish throughout because he used the clock.

The skill in the league is based on the points you score over the course of a month, whether you played one tournament or two hundred tournaments, whether you used the clock or not: the goal, the objective, the skill is to score more points than anyone else using whatever legitimate means are at your disposal.

Now if you cannot handle that fact, if people legitimately using the clock pisses you off so much, if you are not desperate to win the most points you can in every PSO tournament, using the rules to your best possible advantage, then go and play in some freerolls, play some other tournament go to another site. Do whatever makes your little heart buzz with the joys of spring, but never, never ridicule people that are playing within the rules of the game.

If we took your thinking to it's ultimate conclusion, then we should deduct Man U points for every game they drew this season by holding on and running the clock, we should disallow every goal they scored in injury time, we should deduct extra points off them for every time a Liverpool fan thought they played rubbish and won. We should remove every title from the record book because a lot of people don't really like Man U. How would you feel in your brave new world? Not too happy.

People who do not cut it always have some reason to complain. Look at the time you are given as a gift, you can classify your opponents, you have ample time to take notes on their play, their hand ranges, you can improve your own game and your patience and maybe one month win the PSO Skill League.

Have you the determination and will to succeed to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                  Even though you are a Man U fan Poke, I will have to disagree. Skill in the PSO league is not about how good you think you are at poker, whether or not you use the clock, it is not about thinking you played brilliantly in one tourney, or that as you see it, your opponent played rubbish throughout because he used the clock. The skill in the league is based on the points you score over the course of a month, whether you played one tournament or two hundred tournaments, whether you used the clock or not: the goal, the objective, the skill is to score more points than anyone else using whatever legitimate means are at your disposal. Now if you cannot handle that fact, if people legitimately using the clock pisses you off so much, if you are not desperate to win the most points you can in every PSO tournament, using the rules to your best possible advantage, then go and play in some freerolls, play some other tournament go to another site. Do whatever makes your little heart buzz with the joys of spring, but never, never ridicule people that are playing within the rules of the game. If we took your thinking to it's ultimate conclusion, then we should deduct Man U points for every game they drew this season by holding on and running the clock, we should disallow every goal they scored in injury time, we should deduct extra points off them for every time a Liverpool fan thought they played rubbish and won. We should remove every title from the record book because a lot of people don't really like Man U. How would you feel in your brave new world? Not too happy. People who do not cut it always have some reason to complain. Look at the time you are given as a gift, you can classify your opponents, you have ample time to take notes on their play, their hand ranges, you can improve your own game and your patience and maybe one month win the PSO Skill League. Have you the determination and will to succeed to do it?
                  firstly im glad ive met a fellow Man Utd fan here umbup: secondly, i appreciate that parts of the skill is in the points scored over the course of the month and that you need to hang in there to get as many as you can, but when practically every player on every table on every hand when it gets to around 100 people left is just sitting there waiting for the clock to run down its rubbish poker. there is no skill involved in that at all. yes its in the rules, yes you can do it but just coz you can doesnt make it right. i was merely pointing out that the format used presently just serves to slow down the play and that i think there is other better options out there that would make the league better, in my opinion. all i was doing was agreeing with someones post and adding to it my own suggestions, gained from my own experiences of the league thus far, in my own opinion. if you dont agree with that then fine, im not asking you to. but there is no room or place for comments such as "People who do not cut it always have some reason to complain" i was making suggestions that i am perfectly entitled to do and if you cant reply with anything constructive then dont bother replying at all. im suprised from you as it wasnt many posts ago that i saw you argue with someone else for not replying with constructive posts and just cussing other peoples posts. so which are you. the pot or the kettle?
                  Last edited by PokeGod185; Wed Jun 01, 2011, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gatehouse999 View Post
                    That would not be very fair on them having every donk in the league hounding his head for $2.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

hmmm

That's what I think He Said, or maybe it was kings and you flop quads and they Quad Aces on your Ass

Both ways, this is what the man is saying

Comment

I agree with HAPPYSAP - there are enough loonies playing crazy poker in the 1st 15 or 30 mins - So to have a bounty on the previous month's winner is in itself not a bad idea - It would be totally unfair to have every1 at the table and on the tournament gunning for you ( if u came 1st last month). I Really enjoy bounty games and play in Effsea's Drunk Tank on a friday night/ sat morn - What if you had to pay a nominal fee of say 1 or 2 cents (every entrant) and put a bounty on the top 100 or 250 of last months league ?? Probably won't happen as not every 1 has cash on there account but the idea is a good 1 if it does'nt just apply to 1 player.

Comment

Well you have edited your original post so it is somewhat difficult to make a measured reply. However you intimated there that you were not ridiculing slow players but ridiculing the format and that I had misinterpreted what you had said:
                          instead do as the above quote says, but put it staggered on the top 3 finishers of the previous month. that way the best are hunted down for the money, and it will stop the stupid patheitic 'lets run the clock down every hand coz ive played rubbish all tourney and am desperate for a few extra points' game people play and get the game flowing like a proper poker game. its meant to be a skill league and there aint nothing skillful about running the clock down every hand.
                          To me it sounded like ridiculing slow players, but if you said it is just the format I believe you. But then your second paragraph in your reply reiterates that perhaps my original interpretation and reading of what you wrote was indeed correct:
                          secondly, i appreciate that parts of the skill is in the points scored over the course of the month and that you need to hang in there to get as many as you can, but when practically every player on every table on every hand when it gets to around 100 people left is just sitting there waiting for the clock to run down its rubbish poker. there is no skill involved in that at all. yes its in the rules, yes you can do it but just coz you can doesnt make it right.
                          So which is it? There is no right or wrong in poker. If I sat down at a table were they were playing a 100 miles an hour and said "I know you can play as fast as you like and its not against the rules, and you can do it but just because you can do it, it does not make it right" they would fall about laughing. As far slow play is concerned when it gets down to a 100, I did notice it increase towards the end of the month. I slow play every hand in PSO but if I am short stacked and the others slow it down to hit me with the bigger blind, I know it is just part of poker, I take it in my stride and adapt as best I can. As for the "People who do not cut it always have some reason to complain" comment it was a generalism applicable to football, poker, life itself. You are entitled to your opinion on slow play, as Plaws is entitled to his opinion on donks, but do you really both believe that both these facets of the game do not appear outside the confines of PSO. This is a school to help prepare you for playing for money where you will meet every type of player and every type of situation; changing it so that it does not reflect the "real poker world" would be an absolute disaster for anyone trying to play poker. I made a point in another thread about so many people not knowing about the PSO Skill League, even though they play in the League!!! However, I am not naive enough to believe that getting them all to learn about the game here will stop all of them being maniacs. All in ATCs is a strategy I play against and sometimes employ in other tournies. It is a fact of the game, just like slow play, you just have to accept it and deal with it, because if you carry around either monkey on your back you will never progress. And i honestly want everyone to be the best player that they possibly can be build a bankroll and make some money and off course Pokerstars will make some rake. Win, win for everybody!!!!
                          i was making suggestions that i am perfectly entitled to do and if you cant reply with anything constructive then dont bother replying at all. im suprised from you as it wasnt many posts ago that i saw you argue with someone else for not replying with constructive posts and just cussing other peoples posts. so which are you. the pot or the kettle?
                          Read more: Pso league sugestion - PokerSchoolOnline Forum http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...#ixzz1O32uGI8T As far as your last paragraph, I will rise to the bait, because I think you are talking about the spat between Ray Vareck and myself over Top PSO players. The argument was decided on the tables after we both saw some sense and I am sure Ray has been persuaded that my opinion was the right one. And it is the right one here too, you are welcome to yours but I am just saying you are wrong and I am entitled to say that. I have tried to add something constructive to the debate. I am 100% sure that the PSO league or tournies should not be changed in any way as it will be detrimental to the development of good poker players both in PSO and beyond it. Good luck PokeGod and good to debate this with another Man U fan.umbup: TC And finally could someone tell me how to use multiquote because I am damned if i can get it to work and i am tired of copying and pasting quotes. TC
                          Last edited by topthecat; Wed Jun 01, 2011, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                            And finally could someone tell me how to use multiquote because I am damned if i can get it to work and i am tired of copying and pasting quotes.
                            Next to the "QUOTE" button, there's a button that looks like a piece of paper. Click on that for each post you want to quote. Then hit reply, and all the quotes should appear in the text box for you. umbup:

Comment

maybe that was not a good idea ,sounded good last night,new month first hand KK all in all out big minus lol

well we all seem th enjoy the game so lets try to impprove our play,sorry man u ,shame about wembly ..................go black cats lol

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.