PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

abuse diercted at outher players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abuse diercted at outher players

i was in a tounement sunday night i finished 14th ,but along the way a player from argentina ,had won a couple of pots,there was some name calling ,called him a muppet lol,i gues was funny to a point,then he played some hands and an english fellow got realy upset and started ranting about joining pso and he should go read some of the lessons,the argentina fellow i think got fed up and said somthing about being tired and wanted to go to bed and he went all in and somone took him up he lost a 4000chip pot he was not doing to bad,his english was not the best he seemed to spell his words as they are pronouced,i believe in argentina they speak spanish ,so i guess he was doing well and had some intelegence,the player did tell him to go read some of the lessons,,and laughed at his position in the league and the other fellow was doing rather well,after thinking about what happened ,i think there should be a way penalize players that abuse others ,i know we all have a little hissy fits now and then but i think this went to far
    Last edited by PLaws62; Tue May 17, 2011, 02:23 AM.

Chat violations must be reported to a chat moderator during the game (preferred) or by sending hand histories to support@pokerstars.com afterward.

Comment

You have absolutely no idea Laws. Try spending a day in my shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
        You luckbox donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post

Wanker.

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie Pip View Post
            Wanker.
            Show me a grinder that isn't

Comment

I would just like to put forward my observations about this Plaws62:

The increase in verbal abuse since Black Friday at PSO tables is absolutely bewildering. I am all for a bit of craic and banter but some of the things I have seen directed at other players, whether they be new to the game or good players is just beyond reason, and way outside of how people should conduct themselves at the poker table.

I am even more surprised at the location of the majority of offenders. Thankfully, none of them seem to be active participants in the forum, yet apparently they know everything there is to know about playing poker. They certainly know nothing about common decency, respect for themselves and for their opponents.

And Joe, you know yourself, that reporting chat infractions at the table results in a moderator appearing with a scripted response to be nice to each other. That is absolutely no deterrent to these morons whatsoever. If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people, because quite honestly they are spoiling the game for everyone involved.

In conclusion, these people are in the minority, but unless we as individuals take action against this, then things will only get worse not better. I would recommend that those of you who find this behaviour as disgusting as I do to save hand histories and start emailing them to Pokerstars support so that they start to take some action against these individuals, whether that be chat bans or even harsher admonishments. Please do not retaliate, or even interact with these people, just report them.

Thanks for your cooperation, comments welcome.

TC

Comment

What ???

We Americans leave and the whole world sinks into a mass of uncivilized chaos?? Does everyone think we are the worlds cop?? ( lolol )

Don't expect us to solve the worlds problems, we have enough big issues to handle, like trying to fill in the void left by the online poker vacancy.

Comment

[QUOTE=hobojim11247;280220]What ???

We Americans leave and the whole world sinks into a mass of uncivilized chaos?? Does everyone think we are the worlds cop?? ( lolol )

I was under the impression your government think they are.

Comment

Originally posted by lisbon roar View Post

I was under the impression your government think they are.
                    Our government has many gradiose delusions. They are in the minority in those opinions.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                      If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people,
                      Oh, I got this one for ya Joe. No, he can't. PokerSchoolOnline forum mods have no say or control over PokerStars client (card room) investigations or infractions. Now, if the abuse occurs here in these forums, then I can tell you they'll be on it. umbup:
                      Head Live Trainer
                      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
                        If we send hand histories could you as a moderator here guarantee that some action will be taken against these people
                        Originally posted by TheLangolier View Post
                        Oh, I got this one for ya Joe. No, he can't. PokerSchoolOnline forum mods have no say or control over PokerStars client (card room) investigations or infractions. Now, if the abuse occurs here in these forums, then I can tell you they'll be on it. umbup:
                        Yeah, I think top is a little off about who to contact, but he is kinda on the right track. I've found that instead of hitting the "call moderator" button, it's better to email Pokerstars support directly, they act fairly swiftly and actually do something about the chat violations. So top has the right idea, but I think he is confusing PSO Forum moderators with Pokerstars chat moderators.

Comment

There isn't any way to prevent the chat abuse with online poker. I'm sure it is at it's worst in freerolls because there are a lot of kids that play there. Age identification is required for real money deposits/withdrawels, but until you do that you can simply lie about your age. If the chat abuse really bothers you just call in a chat admin or report it to pokerstars like already suggested. The offenders will eventually receive chat bans.

Comment

as your former american PSO buddy i will share my simple reply to drive an angry mad man bonkers " WOW!!! how do you type so fast with only one hand free" evil:
                            Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

Comment

This happened last night,
                              Raccoon92, was giving someone/ all of table abuse, he has done same things before on table( same Tournament, diff time ) i have witnessed. But this is the most shocking of lot. I Think he/she should be BANNED from PokerStars , and help/locked up as hes obviously deranged,sick beeper
                              what sub category do put it under?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 0HighTimes0; Mon May 23, 2011, 03:52 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes, ask info
                              3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.