PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PSO looking for trainers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSO looking for trainers

PSO are actively looking to increase the number of trainers we have available.
    In particular we are looking for players in the UK, Ireland and Canada who we can train to use the live training software. You will be playing in low limit games via the software and taking members chat during your play. These sessions will be recorded and posted on PSO. for further use.

If you would like to be considered please PM PSO Admin with your details and some information.

Regards
    Last edited by PSO Admin; Tue Jul 05, 2011, 06:34 PM.
    Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

PSO...

Originally posted by pso admin View Post
    pso are actively looking to increase the number of trainers we have available.
    In particular we are looking for players in the uk, ireland and canada who we can train to use the live training software. You will be playing in low limit games via the software and taking members chat during your play. These sessions will be recorded and posted on pso. For further use.

If you would like to be considered please pm pso admin with your details and some information.

Regards
    chyna101

Comment

PSO Trainers

do you still need people??..if so..can you provide more detail in terms of how it works

Thanks

Comment

I think you raise a good point here, Phantom? What criteria, experience, qualifications, knowledge and prerequisites are they applying to this position? What are they looking for? A great player is not necessarily a great instructor. Many successful, coaches, instructors, managers have had little or no success in their chosen sport or activity. Look at David Leadbetter in golf: he had no success as a player but his interest in the psychology, mechanics, techniques and strategy of golf led him to instruction and being widely acknowledged as the world's leading golf instructor. He knows all the fundamentals of golf, but his forte is not applying them for himself, but teaching them to others. Indeed, most of the top tier of any sport, have not translated that playing success to the coaching side, with a few notable exceptions. I am not applying for the position. My goal, as ever, is to win the Main Event in 2012, defend my title successfully in 2013, and then go into fatal cardiac arrest, whilst leading the final table at the 2014 Main Event, under a haze of drugs and alcohol, live on national television. I want to be rememberedumbup: TC

Comment

Hi All,

As the head trainer, Admin has asked me to review all applicants who have an interest in this and make recommendations on who to begin with on a trial basis.

First let me clarify what we're looking for (and yes we still need people ). We are interested in adding some Live Trainers to play small/micro stakes games while conducting Live Training sessions regarding their play. The way that works is that you'd be playing in real time during your training session, and sharing with the training participants your thought process and reasoning behind your actions, just like the live trainings I've conducted where I was playing live in real time. Training participants do not play in the game with you (in fact that's strictly against the rules as they will be able to see your hole cards in the training room... anyone caught trying to sit with a trainer at the tables while logged into the training room is subject to having their account closed by Stars).

We are seeking non-US residents only for this as your training sessions will revolve around you playing for real money on PokerStars. We are seeking multiple time zones to facilitate a variety of time slot offerings. At the very least we would like to add at least 1 trainer from Canada and 1 from the UK/Europe (but will add more if available). I'm not sure what the size of our Aussie membership is but personally I'd love to see someone from that time zone block added as well.

Anyone who is interested, please send me a PM. What I’ll need from you is a summary of your poker experience, and what you feel you’d bring to the table as a live trainer. Consider it like an application or resume for a Live Trainer position. The kinds of things I’d like to see when possible:

-What is your playing background and history

-What is your teaching experience (if any)

-What are your primary real money game(s)? (nl cash games, mtt’s, sng’s, PLO, limit hold'em, full ring/6 max/HU, etc. etc.)

-Provide any proof you have of your results in these real money games (a screen shot of your PokerTracker or Hold’em Manager graph would be good).

Prior teaching experience isn’t necessarily required… obviously it helps, and not everyone who can play can also teach effectively, but I will be working with the new trainers directly to help coach them on the teaching aspect when necessary. Some track record of successful real money play is necessary however for the games in which you intend to conduct your live training sessions, or at least some demonstration of the knowledge level conducive to successful micro stakes play.

If you have any questions regarding the application or Live Trainer position, please let me know.

Thanks,
          Dave
          Head Live Trainer
          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Dave, Hopefully, you get some applicants that fit the billumbup: TC

Comment

If 30 peeps tell me to I will apply!

Gidee Up!

Cowboy

Comment

lol, ok, let's keep this thread clean please for legitimate questions about the live trainer position.

Cowboy is confident enough to make his decision to apply without needing 30 peeps to vote him into doing it.
                Head Live Trainer
                Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Dave,

Are there any benefits or incentives for a trainer to come on board such as increased VPP's or a trip to Vegas or salary etc! Thanks

Cowboy

Comment

No increased VPP's or trips to Vegas, it is a paid position however. Payments will be made monthly directly to your PokerStars account.
                    Head Live Trainer
                    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pick cowboy... He may run lucky, but he is good at teaching others how to do it too! umbup:
                      Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

interesting role

Comment

Hi all,

We are still seeking to add 1-2 more Live Trainers, specifically for micro stakes cash game play. If you currently are able to beat micro stakes NLHE, either 6 max or full ring, and might be interested in being involved in the Live Training program, please send me a PM with your info (see post #5 in this thread for what I need from you).

Thanks!

Dave
                          Head Live Trainer
                          Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Not to say that I intend to apply for the position, but I'm curious what you consider to be an adequate sample size in 6-max cash, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                              Not to say that I intend to apply for the position, but I'm curious what you consider to be an adequate sample size in 6-max cash, Dave.
                              Not something I want to put a number too, as I don't want to discourage anyone from applying that feels they might be a good fit. There at least has to be a demonstration that you can beat the game at the micro-stakes level (if you can demonstrate you can beat it higher than micros, that counts too obviously).

I will say this, I have had people apply who said they can't provide stats but they win all the time, and when I do a little digging they are clearly not winning players. I've also had a couple applicants who had a decent win rate but over very small sample sizes. Anyone can crush or be crushed over 500 hands, it's called variance.

My advise is, if you think this is something you're interested in pursuing, and you can demonstrate you're able to beat the game at least at the micro-stakes level, go ahead and apply. If you're not sure your stats are sufficient to demonstrate that, apply anyway. I'll have a look and we can talk further.

Dave
                              Head Live Trainer
                              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.