PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the $ is done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • the $ is done

    Now the Americans are gone, i think pokerstars should focus on the £ or the euro.
    what do you think?
    thank you
    Murdoch

  • #2
    Your thread title is a bit misleading (this sort of looked like another troll post).

    That's actually a really good point. I'm still playing with USD. Canadian dollars are an option up here, but nothing plays in Canadian dollars, so I've only been using USD. But now that the US doesn't play for money on Stars, I imagine that those of us still fortunate enough to be able to play for money might be seeing our bankrolls get exchanged sometime soon. Maybe not, since I'm sure that would cause a buttload of work at HQ adjusting buy-ins etc. And Stars might keep USD in hopes that US players will eventually return...

    Has anyone heard about what's going to happen to the currency?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
      Your thread title is a bit misleading (this sort of looked like another troll post).

      That's actually a really good point. I'm still playing with USD. Canadian dollars are an option up here, but nothing plays in Canadian dollars, so I've only been using USD. But now that the US doesn't play for money on Stars, I imagine that those of us still fortunate enough to be able to play for money might be seeing our bankrolls get exchanged sometime soon. Maybe not, since I'm sure that would cause a buttload of work at HQ adjusting buy-ins etc. And Stars might keep USD in hopes that US players will eventually return...

      Has anyone heard about what's going to happen to the currency?
      the US$ is not worth wiping your ass, the americans are gone, look to the future.
      the US$ is worth nothing on pokerstars and coming from the UK the exchange rate isn't good.

      Comment


      • #4
        As the European Intellipoker Skill Leagues are paid in the US $ rather than Euros I can't see anything changing here.

        Even on sites where US players have always been barred from playing the US $ is the primary currency of poker with the ability for players to convert to a chosen currency in cashier options if they wish.

        I for one don't see any reason to change it here and don't wish to see it change.

        Amongst other things our US friends have been stripped of most things here, to see their currency discarded would be a final insult and would send a message that PS does not expect them to return, ever.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Murdoch25 View Post
          the US$ is not worth wiping your ass, the americans are gone, look to the future.
          the US$ is worth nothing on pokerstars and coming from the UK the exchange rate isn't good.
          If the currency was to change Murdoch what makes you think the £ is the natural choice? I think the Russian Ruble would be the most likely candidate

          Comment


          • #6
            I prefer the rupee umbup:

            Comment


            • #7
              You'll all get the Peso and like it! evil:

              Comment


              • #8
                The Krone looks inviting

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                  You'll all get the Peso and like it! evil:
                  Does that mean we all get to feel like high rollers? ;-) I don't care if they pay in bottle caps, as long as it turns into cash at my bank, really.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by !!!111Dan View Post
                    You'll all get the Peso and like it! evil:
                    They've been taking the Peso out of us long enough Dan !!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                      Has anyone heard about what's going to happen to the currency?
                      Steve D (an exec from Stars) talked about it on the pokercast this week. He said it will be something they look at eventually but it's way down on the list of priorities right now.
                      Head Live Trainer
                      Check out my Videos

                      4 Time Bracelet Winner



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by bogweed1964 View Post
                        If the currency was to change Murdoch what makes you think the £ is the natural choice? I think the Russian Ruble would be the most likely candidate
                        I also mentioned the euro, there will be one world currency soon.
                        The way the US$ is looking right now they should change and change it soon.
                        there is no value in the US$
                        just saying
                        Murdoch25

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've been playing in a EPT Freeroll on the weekends and that's in Euros I think (€ <-- is this a Euro?). I don't mind one currency over the other ...

                          I'm really curious to see what the prize structure'll look like next month with so many fewers playing.

                          And then I wonder if they'll merge this league with another in coming months, like they did with the Game of Your Life final. TopTheCat was saying there's like 10 of these leagues around the world, or something like that?

                          That could be interesting - I guess some of the other leagues advocate different strategies when it comes to playing certain hands like Arag, etc? Nice to be able to practice against different styles of play if we're going to be meeting up with them in other tourneys later on.

                          Hopefully Americans'll be able to start playing again really soon though, so things can go back to normal
                          Last edited by TrustySam; Sat Apr 30, 2011, 01:16 AM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They should switch to our Canadian dollar before our currency goes through the roof !! LOL

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              To change the currency would seem like a slap in the face of American players that are waiting to see what happens.Do you think they would risk losing that chunk of the market?
                              As it is we have a ton of Euro sites to choose from,so you dont need to convert Pokerstars as well.
                              I would find another site if that happened and I am sure others would as well.
                              Have noticed a increase in softplay and collusion and I dont want to waste my money against a table that is gunning for me.No thanks.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.