PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. Players Read

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Players Read

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A suspicious package which prompted an evacuation of the Federal Bureau of Investigation building Monday afternoon was filled with poker chips, according to police.

Police were called to the State Street building at 12:06 p.m. after security guards at the facility reported the discovery of a "smaller than average silver-colored case" sitting in the area of Wall and Orange streets, according to Officer Joseph Avery. The building was evacuated as a precautionary measure.

A bomb squad was called to the scene. The building has since reopened.

Suggest many more in the area should do the same.. brave soldiers

April 25, 2011|By HILLARY FEDERICO, ** e-mail address deleted **, The Hartford Courant
    Last edited by TrumpinJoe; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 03:45 PM.

IS THAT AN E-MAIL ADDRESS YOU POSTED ???

GO LAKERS

sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Originally posted by ONiX360 View Post
      ...after security guards at the facility reported the discovery of a "smaller than average silver-colored case" sitting in the area of Wall and Orange streets
      So funny. If this was the intentional result of whoever left the case, it's f*ing brilliant. I'm surprised an average poker set (I'm assuming that's what it was) actually caused a scare, though.

F*ing brilliant.

I suppose I should also add that I don't really condone disrupting the peeps who keep up national security and all... But it is a genius way to make a statement, and I'm sure we all agree with the statement, if not completely with the method of delivery. Of course, I'm sure a lot of you would have done this yourself if you'd thought of it first and lived in the area. F*ing brilliant.

By the way, is this story actually true?
      Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Just imagine poker chip cases on every side of the building inside the building sitting on every bench outside

Comment

I personally feel that this is a terrible idea that NOBODY should try.

Seriously, doing something like this is very dangerous for everyone involved.

Go to a march, wear a shirt, wave a sign... DO NOT leave packages outside of federal buildings. There is a precedent for this and it's tragic and bloody.

There is a law, written by Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,) called "Wheaton's Law." It is written as such: "Don't be a dick."

This applies here. And everywhere.

Comment

dON'T be a dick to people who won't let us be free to play poker if the usa was smart they would endorse poker in all shapes and forms we could have poker trains with an old fashioned themes going from one place to another saving billions of dollars on gas

Comment

Originally posted by mcrissinger View Post
              I personally feel that this is a terrible idea that NOBODY should try. Seriously, doing something like this is very dangerous for everyone involved. Go to a march, wear a shirt, wave a sign... DO NOT leave packages outside of federal buildings. There is a precedent for this and it's tragic and bloody. There is a law, written by Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,) called "Wheaton's Law." It is written as such: "Don't be a dick." This applies here. And everywhere.
              umbup:umbup:umbup:umbup: GO LAKERS
              sometimes i laugh so hard tears run down my leg

Comment

Yeah, an intentional act like this fits a number of definitions of terrorism. That's not fun.

Wil Wheaton(a former Poker Stars sponsored player,)
                I'm not sure I believe this.

Comment

Lol @ a case of poker chips being related to terrorism hahahah ha

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                    Yeah, an intentional act like this fits a number of definitions of terrorism. That's not fun.

I'm not sure I believe this.
                    It's actually quite true. He had the red spade on his name for a while. He used to blog for PStars events.

I had the pleasure of playing against him one time in a private tourney he set up and announced over Twitter. Broke to two tables, Wil was sat on my left, short stacked... I had AK on the button, knew he would be all-in, raised, Wil and BB(Cardgrrl) called. Flop was QTx, forget the rest of the board. Checked it down, BB had pocket 66. My stupid mistake not betting that flop. Wil was out and I followed him to the rail a few hands later.

It's the one hand that still haunts me to this day.

PokerStars Tournament #332679227, No Limit Hold'em
                    Buy-In: $5.00/$0.50 USD
                    60 players
                    Total Prize Pool: $300.00 USD
                    Tournament started 2010/11/17 22:10:00 ET
                    Tournament finished 2010/11/18 0:39:30 ET
                    1: drmaddie (United States), $90.00 (30%)
                    2: ColonelT (United States), $60.00 (20%)
                    3: lawman30 (United States), $36.00 (12%)
                    4: mjoseph (United States), $30.00 (10%)
                    5: tgzuke (United States), $24.00 (8%)
                    6: Up4Poker (United States), $19.50 (6.5%)
                    7: Cardgrrl (United States), $16.50 (5.5%)
                    8: Shackedin05 (United States), $13.50 (4.5%)
                    9: johnny_kelly (United States), $10.50 (3.5%)
                    10: Farbauti (Canada),
                    11: shoemaja77 (United States),
                    12: Todd Draper (United States),
                    13: chefhuck (United States),
                    14: GoodRev42 (United States),
                    15: TheFilmGeek (United States),
                    16: mcrissinger (United States),
                    17: Wil Wheaton (United States),

Comment

Originally posted by ONiX360 View Post
                      Lol @ a case of poker chips being related to terrorism hahahah ha
                      Do you seriously not understand how a metal box left sitting outside of an FBI building could be interpreted as a threat?

Well, whatever. You do your thing, I'm sure Charlie Sheen approves.

As for everyone else, don't EVER do anything like this.

Comment

Still Poker related to terrorism hahahahahha

NOT (@h) Wil Wheaton Thread

Get the Point?
                        Last edited by ONiX360; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:36 AM.

Comment

It's actually quite true. He had the red spade on his name for a while. He used to blog for PStars events.
                          Wow. Didn't know that. t-up: And no, ONiX, I actually have no idea what that image is supposed to communicate.
                          Last edited by PanickyPoker; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Just filed a complaint with the department of justice. I clicked on the "report a crime" tab. it reads. "On April 15, 2011 the united states department of justice shut down four internet sites that offered online poker play to citizens within the united states. these actions are unconstitutional given that every defendant, under United States constitution, is innocent until proven guilty. I, as a US citizen demand that all restrictions against the alleged defendants be levied until such defendants are found guilty in a US court of law. Your unwillingness to do so can/ and may result in a class action suit levied by millions of US citizens who believe that the United States Department of Justice has willingly Broken laws that are clearly outlined in the United States Constitution. I do hope this matter is addressed as quickly as possible to avoid further action. YOU ARE NOT EXEMPT FROM CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. Act accordingly".

I now await the knock on my door.

Comment

Way 2 Go an Hero

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.