PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest response from PSO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest response from PSO

This is the response I got from PSO Support. Took less than an hour. Still calling it a technical issue. Hmmmm....

Hello (xxxxxxx),

Thank you for your email.

Due to technical problems we are having delays with the PSO
    leaderboard update since April 16, 2011 at 02:01 E.T.

The issue has been reported to our programming team and the
    leader board should be updated shortly.

Please, accept our sincerely apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Rebecca
    PokerSchoolOnline Support Team

Did you accept the apology?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaAero View Post
      Did you accept the apology?

You are sooo funny. I am surprised the response did not end up in my spam folder. I bet the PSO team member's name is randomly generated and dropped into the closing salutation.

Herk

Comment

Originally posted by Herkstwin View Post
        This is the response I got from PSO Support. Took less than an hour. Still calling it a technical issue. Hmmmm....

Due to technical problems...The issue has been reported...
        We Americans have been called many things before

Isn't "issue" some kind of condition some lady had in the Bible? Guessing they mean we made a bloody mess when we were kicked out.

Comment

Leaderboard

If I were da boss I'd leave the leader board right where it is. April's a wash. Only seems fair to the Americans to consider Black Friday as the end of the month. They represented the largest % of players.

Just my take.............

Comment

Red, personally as someone who stands to lose as a result I would have have far more respect for PSO if they had announced that as a result of "Black Friday" the league had been cancelled until further notice because of ABC and would resume when XYZ criteria had been met, this continued shambolic pretence that it is "business as usual" is frankly an insult to the community here and is beyond being laughable for its transparency.

Comment

I do not agree that the league should be washed for the month just because the US players can't play.

Sympathies for the current hiatus you guys are in. But people are still competing.

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaAero View Post
                I do not agree that the league should be washed for the month just because the US players can't play.

Sympathies for the current hiatus you guys are in. But people are still competing.

Regards
                I disagree, we should be forced to draw pistols at dawn and resolve this in a gentlemanly fashion.

By the way Alpha - damned tatty cravat !!!!!!

Comment

I agree with Alpha on this one...no fault of non-US members...I think they should update from the 16th as if all US members simply did what they did...stopped playing...it sux being in the good ole usa.

BULLS

Comment

Bulls - you surely have not right to input, you're a US player & therefore have no monetary value.as such your words are as of much value to PS/PSO as the $ you are able to deposit.

Comment

I'm rarely ITM, so the main reason I have to play PSO games is for the points and practice. points are not being updated, so what's to keep me from boycotting PSO and going elsewhere for practice? Say the facebook league?
                      'Cause I have done it before and I can do it some more I got my eye on the score'

Comment

Originally posted by bogweed1964 View Post
                        Bulls - you surely have not right to input, you're a US player & therefore have no monetary value.as such your words are as of much value to PS/PSO as the $ you are able to deposit.
                        hey bogweed1964, let me ask this do you think since poker stars have annouce that they will unsuspend the us poker accounts should we allow to get paid for this month rankings, base off the results at the end of the month, if people are expecting that the league will continue for the month of april then everybody should recieve their winnings, for example when i am eligible to request a check for the remaining money in my account, i should see an additional 30-50 bucks base off the rankings from 4-16-11 or 4/31/11, is that fair to ask for my april winnings or am i and all usa players disqualified for receiving any funds for april payouts..umbup:

Comment

As I am aware all US players are barred from playing for cash and as such receiving any form of monetary reward for playing on PokerStars as of last Friday due to the current legal position.

This being the case then any payout from the PSO Skill League would be an infringement of that legal position.

What I or any others believe to be morally correct is irrelevant in all of this, though I for one would support a cancellation of the league this month due to the fact that results and standings will be massively distorted by the removal of the US players.

Comment

Not that anyone at PSO is paying attention to these forums these days, but my suggestion is simple. Split April in half. Standings as of Black Friday are first half. Start second half with rest of the world competing. Prize pool split in half too.

Herk

Comment

As a US player, I would support the action of just letting April calculate itself out. Treat the US players as having quit, and let them fall in the rankings. If they happen to rank well enough to get a cash prize, then add that to their bankroll. If adding a cash prize to the bankroll is no longer allowed, then don't pay the US players, but pay everyone else. It's going to take a few weeks b/f the US players can cash out anyway.

I'm at a cash prize level, and I hope that isn't affecting my opinion. I suspect I'll drop significantly, but I'd like to see the leaderboard updated for the sake of the rest of the players. I also put some time in to get the points I have, so I'd like to see that time count for something if it can.

Just my opinion. I've enjoyed playing on the PSO skill league and trying to donk-proof my game. I've got a long way to go and it's hard to get there on the play money tables...

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.