PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL US Players!! Attend Obama's Townhall Meeting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL US Players!! Attend Obama's Townhall Meeting!

Today at 4:30 President Obama is holding an open townhall meeting on facebook! Sign up to attend and let's force him to address this issue! You can go now and post before the conference begins! Repeat your post as many times as it takes to flood the pages with poker player posts!
    www.facebook.com/whitehouse

Stand up for your rights as an American citizen!

Just went there and it is nothing but a joke...like it always is. Bet he doesn't answer 1 question about online poker.

Comment

i wa sthere as well and ur right what a joke
      May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

These so-called Town Hall meetings are always using pre-selected questions that don't ask the hard questions, all softball stuff. Never would a real question get past the people who vet these things.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
          These so-called Town Hall meetings are always using pre-selected questions that don't ask the hard questions, all softball stuff. Never would a real question get past the people who vet these things.
          This was quite true of the last administration. Much less so of the current. I didn't watch the "town hall" today, but the past few have featured some very critical questioning. Quite unlike Mr. Bush who never fielded a critical question from the public.

Comment

You IDIOT the country is on the verge of another resession and you think the president is going to listen to a bunch of dumbass people who want to sit on there fat asses and play poker online..

Comment

Originally posted by Jeane&David View Post
              You IDIOT the country is on the verge of another resession and you think the president is going to listen to a bunch of dumbass people who want to sit on there fat asses and play poker online..
              Actually, the U.S. is on it's way out of a recession(spelled correctly, tazz'll be happy.)

Speaking of persons that people won't listen to... Way to climb high on that list.

Poor cute kitty avatar. It's a shame that pussy is represented by a troll.

Comment

yo mc,

do you think, just maybe,

Jeane&David and Weee-Waise are the same person?

l don't know, just thinking out loud,.......hiccup

cheers
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hate to butt heads with 2 of my favorite peeps on this,but even though jeane&david raised the point rather inarticulately the point is well taken,IMHO.

With everything going on right now (um,little thing called the Debt Ceiling and whether it should be raised--and yeah mcriss,I can't believe that the GOP leadership is even thinking of playing politics on this either,highly irresponsible and don't even get me started on the hypocrisy angle),I really wasn't expecting on-line poker to be a topic of discussion.

Look guys and gals,this is a HUGE issue to us,and yes we count,and yes we should do all that we can to make our voices heard on this subject,and yes by doing so I do think we can affect change,but in the grand scheme of things right now this is not a front burner issue for the 2 parties.

And GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.