PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tournament Length

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament Length

Caro on Tournament Length

Interesting article from Card Player newsletter. Would PSO be better off with more faster events or fewer longer lasting ones?

Re: Tournament Length

Originally posted by TrumpinJoe
    Caro on Tournament Length

Interesting article from Card Player newsletter. Would PSO be better off with more faster events of fewer longer lasting ones?
    PSO already has mostly fast structures, along with the occasional slower one.
    I think PSO is best served by emulating the real world structures as closely as possible. I quite like the 10k starting chip ones, but they do not represent any real world structure as far as I am aware.

Comment

Just wanted to be the first to post that the length doesnt really matter, its how you use it.

However, when it comes to poker tourneys, The longer the rounds and the lower the blinds compared to starting chips the more time it takes to complete the tourney. Is a longer tourney a bad thing?

Silly example - every starts with one chip, antes it and plays one hand of showdown. Does the more skillful player win more than his/her share of tourneys? Nope. Its a coin flip.

A different silly example, stjk (E2C Pres-i-den-tee) and wildbill41 sit down, each with 1 million in chips and play NLHE with never changing blinds of 1-2 chips. Does the more skillful player win more than his share (50%) of these tourneys? Why yes he does.

Is there a few less silly modes between these two opposite extremes? Yep, we are playing some of them here.

Bill

All names in the above post are fictitous and are not meant to resemble any pokerschooler, active or inactive.

Comment

Working...
      X