PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

curious, how do you........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious, how do you........

win a race, i seem to be getting stuck in a rut of not being able to win them, i get my money in against Ax with pocket pair and always lose to an ace or flush, i get my money in with Ax against a pocket pair and always lose to the pair or a set. i know nothing is ever guaranteed in poker but man surely you have to be able to win some races.

Originally posted by bashy27 View Post
    win a race, i seem to be getting stuck in a rut of not being able to win them, i get my money in against Ax with pocket pair and always lose to an ace or flush, i get my money in with Ax against a pocket pair and always lose to the pair or a set. i know nothing is ever guaranteed in poker but man surely you have to be able to win some races.

lol, it seems like that doesn't it....but are you remembering the times you won a hand with pocket pairs? and remember, pocket prs can only be improved by two cards generally....

don't quote me on that though....i'm still learning.

Comment

Originally posted by bashy27 View Post
      If you ever figure that one out... make sure I'm copied on how to do it!
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

One basic rule...

At the end of the day, this is still a game of chance... I don't care what anyone says... Texas Holdem in the end becomes a game based on luck and odds... Now, the skill comes in playing hands that will at least improve your odds of winning... but, this is still a game where pocket aces can be trampled by a 7 - 2... Pocket Jacks trip out against pocket kings... 10 - J flops a straight... 8 - 5 suited becomes a flush... etc etc...

Also, I am very sure you have been on the winning side having pocket Jacks or better, against pocket 8's or lower...

Poker can be cruel... the key is to never lose more than you can afford on any given hand... that is the true key to this game!

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.