PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

proceed with caution

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proceed with caution

I often hear these words "proceed with caution" when the following type of situation occurs.

I am on the button. There is one limper. I have AJs hearts. Not a terrible hand though it can be dominated. I try to steal by 3 betting. The 2 blinds fold. The limper calls.
    The flop is AJ8 all spades. The limper checks and I bet 50% of the pot. Limper check raises me an equal amount. At this point I could easily be behind. The Limper could have Kx of spades, AK, AQ, AJ A10, any pairs 88 or higher. At this point I can only beat any single pair or two pair . Lets say that I don't beleave he has the flush but may be drawing to it. I want to call his check raise. I know that folding is not a bad option here.
    This is where I'm told to proceed with caution. What does that mean? Another spade is definately a scare card for me.
    Understand I am not talking about this hand in particular but I've seen hands like this that results in the same situation.
    Does anyone have any advise?
    Last edited by kings&que639; Sun Apr 17, 2011, 03:20 AM.

Originally posted by kings&que639 View Post
    I often hear these words "proceed with caution" when the following type of situation occurs.

I am on the button. There is one limper. I have AJs hearts. Not a terrible hand though it can be dominated. I try to steal by 3 betting. The 2 blinds fold. The limper calls.
    The flop is AJ8 all spades. The limper checks and I bet 50% of the pot. Limper check raises me an equal amount. At this point I could easily be behind. The Limper could have Ax of spades, AK, AQ, AJ A10, any pairs 88 or higher. At this point I can only beat any single pair or two pair . Lets say that I don't beleave he has the flush but may be drawing to it. I want to call his check raise. I know that folding is not a bad option here.
    This is where I'm told to proceed with caution. What does that mean? Another spade is definately a scare card for me.
    Understand I am not talking about this hand in particular but I've seen hands like this that results in the same situation.
    Does anyone have any advise?
    yes, theres only 1 Ace of spades in a deck

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.