PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do with 2$

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What to do with 2$

    Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?

  • #2
    Originally posted by babyoats View Post
    Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?
    Stop playing free roles and get a job

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok how about a away to build my bankroll (I.e least amount of risk)

      Comment


      • #4
        there will always be risk no matter what you do you need to decide what is your game some players are comfortable at a ring table for which you have enough to do and others like myself prefer tourneys if i was in your shows i would use the entire $2 on $0.10 360 man SNG's evil:
        Join My Home Game Club - The Joker's Wild

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by joker41673 View Post
          there will always be risk no matter what you do you need to decide what is your game some players are comfortable at a ring table for which you have enough to do and others like myself prefer tourneys if i was in your shows i would use the entire $2 on $0.10 360 man SNG's evil:
          It REALLY depends on YOU, and your circumstances... If you do not want to deposit, EVER, then I'd suggest you not play ANYTHING until you build up to around $10 to 15$, then go with 25c 45 and 90 man SNG if you prefer tournies. If you prefer cash games, wait until you have around 15 to 25 BI, and try some low limit, Fixed Limit games. you'll need liek $1 to $1.60 for a typical buy in for those. get to those amounts by sticking to free rolls. This is assuming you have no intention of depositing, ever... If you can deposit, then the $2 isn;t really "significant" to you, thus it does not necessarily "require" any steps to "protect" it. So long as you feel you have a skill advantage on opponents at a given buy in level, you derive the potential for greater REWARD for a greater risk taken. so putting your entire amount into a single event, breaking it up into 4 or 5 events, or whatever is up to you. Those larger buy in events (or cash games) will give the potential for faster GROWTH...with, of course, greater chances of going bust too... At any rate, Hyper-turboes = HUGE "luck" element. Even 20 BI for those do not over come the tiny start stacks, or the hugely FAST level increases. I really wouldn;t want to be playing those if I were down to my LAST 10c to be honest.
          Double Bracelet Winner

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by A_Fuffufnick View Post
            Stop playing free roles and get a job

            you are so helpful

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by babyoats View Post
              Hi, I recently won 2$ in a freeroll and was wondering what is the best way to start earning more money?
              Originally posted by JDean View Post
              It REALLY depends on YOU, and your circumstances...

              If you do not want to deposit, EVER, then I'd suggest you not play ANYTHING until you build up to around $10 to 15$, then go with 25c 45 and 90 man SNG if you prefer tournies.

              If you prefer cash games, wait until you have around 15 to 25 BI, and try some low limit, Fixed Limit games. you'll need liek $1 to $1.60 for a typical buy in for those.

              get to those amounts by sticking to free rolls.

              This is assuming you have no intention of depositing, ever...

              If you can deposit, then the $2 isn;t really "significant" to you, thus it does not necessarily "require" any steps to "protect" it.

              So long as you feel you have a skill advantage on opponents at a given buy in level, you derive the potential for greater REWARD for a greater risk taken. so putting your entire amount into a single event, breaking it up into 4 or 5 events, or whatever is up to you. Those larger buy in events (or cash games) will give the potential for faster GROWTH...with, of course, greater chances of going bust too...

              At any rate, Hyper-turboes = HUGE "luck" element. Even 20 BI for those do not over come the tiny start stacks, or the hugely FAST level increases. I really wouldn;t want to be playing those if I were down to my LAST 10c to be honest.

              JDean is 100% correct as usual here babyoats. If it is your intention to "freeroll" it and not deposit,then until you reach at least $10-15 you shouldn't be looking at playing any of it. Think as that first $2 as a means to an end,not an end in itself. Like I said in another thread,pound the Astronomer Freeolls 2 and 3 at a time. Get enough tickets that you can play the Weekly Round 2's every weekend,BOTH days.

              Once you reach $10-15 then start off with the .25 45/90 mans,the .25 $100 added MTT and if you aren't dissuaded by Turbos,then the .10 360's and the .10 $50 added MTT are also solid plays.

              Look all of these over in the interim. Familiarize yourself with the structure of these,and see if any of them have the potential of playing to a specific strength that you may have,or just as importantly,away from any weaknesses. If you go into these with an idea,then you'll have a leg up on the majority of the field in most cases.

              Remember,when you are first starting to build your roll the main focus should be to protect yourself from going Busto,not trying to go from Point A to Point D or E,and skipping the stops in between. That's not having a plan,it's just gambling. You already have to do enough gambling AFTER you sit down in poker,try not to do too much BEFORE you sit.

              Good Luck.

              Comment

              Working...
              X

              X Cookies Information

              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.