PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

player notes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• player notes

alright guys and girls, looking for some help.
    can anyone tell me how to get my player notes from one computer to another?

thanks Murdoch

I may be wrong but I don't think it will transfer over.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdoch25 View Post
      alright guys and girls, looking for some help.
      can anyone tell me how to get my player notes from one computer to another?

thanks Murdoch
      Your player notes are stored in a text file. It is an XML file that is text conforming to the XML specification, do you know what that is? If not I can describe it to you.

The default location for this file is something like

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\PokerStars\

where "username" is the name of the user you are logged in as

The actual location depends on the version of Windows you are using, the above is for windows 7. It will be different for other version or for a MAC.

You can find out where the file is stored by going to

Options->Player Notes

from the main lobby and clicking the "file location" button

the actual notes are stored in a file called notes.xml

All your notes are in this file, you can copy this to any location or computer you want to.

Hope this helps
      Last edited by VareckRay; Thu Apr 14, 2011, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by VareckRay View Post
        Your player notes are stored in a text file. It is an XML file that is text conforming to the XML specification, do you know what that is? If not I can describe it to you.

All your notes are in this file, you can copy this to any location or computer you want to.

Hope this helps
        I had the same question, and transfered the file but could not cut and past into the file that was on the computer wanted to transfer to, confused? me too, anyway used word pad to transfer do I need to use a different program?

Both Computers file only seem to let you read and copy, thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by kwik1 View Post
          I had the same question, and transfered the file but could not cut and past into the file that was on the computer wanted to transfer to, confused? me too, anyway used word pad to transfer do I need to use a different program?

Both Computers file only seem to let you read and copy, thanks for any help in advance.
          hi Kwik1,if can you pm me with details of exactly what you did (or just list your actions in a reply here). I'm in a tourney just now and near the bubble lol but I will have a look at it and get back to you (and post the answer here).

I'm not exactly sure from what you have said how you transferred the file (for instance if you copied the file to a cd, then to another computer, it may have been marked readonly during the transfer to cd) , if you opened notes.xml in wordpad you can Save As from the Wordpad File menu to another location, whether it be to a folder on the same computer or a connected computer.

As I mentioned the notes file is just a standard text file following a particular format, you can use wordpad, notepad, ms word or any other text editing program to open and copy and paste the text, etc. so I'm not sure why you had a problem.

I can work out why tho

I did just check if the notes file on my machine is readonly, which would prevent saving it until changed to read/write but it is fine. And I can copy and edit it in wordpad as I'd expect.

If there is anything I have said there that you need clarification on just let me know. If I'm telling you stuff you already know please excuse me.

Cheers
          Last edited by VareckRay; Thu Apr 14, 2011, 05:05 AM.

Comment

easy peasy
            put the files you want to transfer on a flash drive , your cell phone memory card
            then plug it into the computer where you play poker
            start pokerstars
            in the main menu select options then hit player notes
            in the next window select import note
            then find the device you plugged into your computer find the file and double click it
            done

Comment

Originally posted by spike8998 View Post
              easy peasy
              put the files you want to transfer on a flash drive , your cell phone memory card
              then plug it into the computer where you play poker
              start pokerstars
              in the main menu select options then hit player notes
              in the next window select import note
              then find the device you plugged into your computer find the file and double click it
              done
              Thanks, varek also, yes used flash drive went into other computer copied notes from file pasted in word pad and saved file, put file on other computer saved as "player notes" opened and copied these, opened PS note file and attempted to past in file but would not take. Just to better explain.

I will try Spikes suggestion and see if works, thx let you know

Comment

Thanks, varek also, yes used flash drive went into other computer copied notes from file pasted in word pad and saved file, put file on other computer saved as "player notes" opened and copied these, opened PS note file and attempted to past in file but would not take. Just to better explain.

I will try Spikes suggestion and see if works, thx let you know

It works because I did it using the memory card in my fone
                Save the notes in notepad
                Then put them on flash drive/memory card then plug it into the computer you play poker at

Comment

Worked so easy thought I actaully knew what I was doing, thanks, Spike

Comment

Worked so easy thought I actaully knew what I was doing, thanks, Spike
                    No problems glad I could help umbup:

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.