PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50/Fifty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50/Fifty

Hi played in a $1 50/Fifty turbo

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 22 hands and saw flop:
    - 2 out of 3 times while in big blind (66%)
    - 0 out of 2 times while in small blind (0%)
    - 1 out of 17 times in other positions (5%)
    - a total of 3 out of 22 (13%)
    Pots won at showdown - 1 of 1 (100%)
    Pots won without showdown - 2

Dear spike8998,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place. A USD 2.07 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Is this the norm ?

Fold your way to the money ?

Only play premium hands ?

Dunno. Never tried that. I'd guess no, in my experience, but I didn't play many $1 F50's. They're much softer, I'm sure. So maybe.

Comment

Well I do find them a nice little br builder
      Having started the month with a meagre $4
      I have now risen to the dizzy heights of $35 with 25 VPP's in the bag
      To make me active again next month

Comment

Well done. Keep the +roll going.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
          Well done. Keep the +roll going.

TY

Comment

spike was that the total # of hands in the tourney?
            seems like not very many compared to the 1's I play. I will have to check my stats next 1 and get back to you .I've play a few recently,they are usually pretty tight and not very aggressive until players get short stacked and then they become shove fests

brkn80 ( not known as Silent Bob for the moment)

Comment

i have played a lot of these and quite often it's 35 to 45 min. into the game before the 1st player is even knocked out of it. the odd time i get a quick one about 35 min. to finish but that's seldom
              Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Just over two orbits seem incredibly short.

A table full of crazy Ivans ?

Comment

The few I played in required me to be aggressive just to avoid blinding out. Maybe you've found a great time of day to play against super loose players.

Comment

Originally posted by brkn80 View Post
                    spike was that the total # of hands in the tourney?
                    seems like not very many compared to the 1's I play. I will have to check my stats next 1 and get back to you .I've play a few recently,they are usually pretty tight and not very aggressive until players get short stacked and then they become shove fests

brkn80 ( not known as Silent Bob for the moment)

Thats it a total of 22 hands dealt for the tourney

Comment

Hi Spike,

It seems like a quick game but I play depending on how the majority of the others are playing at the table. If they are loose, then I am tight; if they are tight then I loosen up.

However, since I may soon graduate for super nit status I will be trying that approach to see if it works next month.

TC

Well done on achieving active status BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
                        Just over two orbits seem incredibly short.

A table full of crazy Ivans ?
                        That was my first thought too. 22 hands is a little low, as normally they last about 20-30 min.

If you play TAG, you can do well in these..... I've played about 250 of them (the $1.08's).
                        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
                          That was my first thought too. 22 hands is a little low, as normally they last about 20-30 min. If you play TAG, you can do well in these..... I've played about 250 of them (the $1.08's).
                          I did play TAG defending my BB twice but had the cards and only played 1 other hand with KK The other players shoved with any AX suited vs any PP so the chips bounced around the table between them , eventually they eliminated each other while I sat back and watched with glee TY topthecat umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by taxi128 View Post
                            i have played a lot of these and quite often it's 35 to 45 min. into the game before the 1st player is even knocked out of it. the odd time i get a quick one about 35 min. to finish but that's seldom

Those are the regular structure. The turbos are over in 35 minutes.
                            Head Live Trainer
                            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

22 hands is pretty fast. Most of my turbos I've cashed have fallen in the 30-45 hand range, the lowest is 26 and I've had a few over 50.
                              Head Live Trainer
                              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.