PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Abbott and Costello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abbott and Costello

Friend: "Hey Jim, how is that online poker treating you?"

Jim: "Pretty good, friend."

Friend: "Don't you do that poker school league?"

Jim: "I sure do."

Friend: "Do you enjoy it?"

Jim: "No, I only enter those to kill time."

Friend: "You only enter them because you are bored?"

Jim: "No, I enter them for the leaderboard money at the end of the month."

Friend: "Ooh, they pay you at the end of the month if you play well?"

Jim: "No, they pay me at the end of the month if I don't play."

Friend: "They pay you to not play? Then why do you keep entering them?"

Jim: "Because I want that leaderboard money."

Friend: "I thought you said they pay you if you don't play."

Jim: "That's right. "

Friend : "Why would they pay you for not playing?"

Jim: "They say smart players do not risk their tourney lives early."

Friend: "So you do enter those tourneys!"

Jim: "Yeah, I told you that."

Friend: "OK, I was confused. I thought you said you didn't play in them."

Jim: "Oh no, you don't want to play poker in those tourneys."

Friend: "Then which tourneys are you entering??"

Jim: "The poker school league."

Friend: "And that is the same league with the leaderboard money??"

Jim: "Correct."

Friend: "And they pay you to not play poker in them?"

Jim: "Correct again."

Friend: "But you enter them anyway?"

Jim: "Well, you have to enter in them."

Friend: "I thought you said they pay you to not play in those tourneys"

Jim: "Right. I am glad you are finally starting to understand!"

That was a week ago and my friend is still scratching his head over that conversation. Best of luck to everybody this month!

I don't care what anybody says,,,,That's funny

>Dem

Comment

Nice one Jim, yep trying to explain to someone you play in a poker league where it pays not to play poker, the irony of it all

Comment

ROFL! OP delivers! umbup:
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

That's classic!
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Simply wonderful!

Comment

Too Too FUNNY ! ....even if you're not old enough to remember Abbott & Costello...(..ehh... which i am).

Comment

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP... umbup:
                5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

That is without any doubt the funniest post I have ever seen in this forum!

Comment

Classic That's absolutely classic A & C, I'll be smiling all day!! umbup:
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

LOL yep almost as good as "WHO'S ON FIRST" funny but true.
                      Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguyjim View Post
                        Friend: "Hey Jim, how is that online poker treating you?" Jim: "Pretty good, friend." Friend: "Don't you do that poker school league?" Jim: "I sure do." Friend: "Do you enjoy it?" Jim: "No, I only enter those to kill time." Friend: "You only enter them because you are bored?" Jim: "No, I enter them for the leaderboard money at the end of the month." Friend: "Ooh, they pay you at the end of the month if you play well?" Jim: "No, they pay me at the end of the month if I don't play." Friend: "They pay you to not play? Then why do you keep entering them?" Jim: "Because I want that leaderboard money." Friend: "I thought you said they pay you if you don't play." Jim: "That's right. " Friend : "Why would they pay you for not playing?" Jim: "They say smart players do not risk their tourney lives early." Friend: "So you do enter those tourneys!" Jim: "Yeah, I told you that." Friend: "OK, I was confused. I thought you said you didn't play in them." Jim: "Oh no, you don't want to play poker in those tourneys." Friend: "Then which tourneys are you entering??" Jim: "The poker school league." Friend: "And that is the same league with the leaderboard money??" Jim: "Correct." Friend: "And they pay you to not play poker in them?" Jim: "Correct again." Friend: "But you enter them anyway?" Jim: "Well, you have to enter in them." Friend: "I thought you said they pay you to not play in those tourneys" Jim: "Right. I am glad you are finally starting to understand!" That was a week ago and my friend is still scratching his head over that conversation. Best of luck to everybody this month!
                        So funny... and so true! umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguyjim View Post
                          Friend: "Hey Jim, how is that online poker treating you?" Jim: "Pretty good, friend." Friend: "Don't you do that poker school league?" Jim: "I sure do." Friend: "Do you enjoy it?" Jim: "No, I only enter those to kill time." Friend: "You only enter them because you are bored?" Jim: "No, I enter them for the leaderboard money at the end of the month." Friend: "Ooh, they pay you at the end of the month if you play well?" Jim: "No, they pay me at the end of the month if I don't play." Friend: "They pay you to not play? Then why do you keep entering them?" Jim: "Because I want that leaderboard money." Friend: "I thought you said they pay you if you don't play." Jim: "That's right. " Friend : "Why would they pay you for not playing?" Jim: "They say smart players do not risk their tourney lives early." Friend: "So you do enter those tourneys!" Jim: "Yeah, I told you that." Friend: "OK, I was confused. I thought you said you didn't play in them." Jim: "Oh no, you don't want to play poker in those tourneys." Friend: "Then which tourneys are you entering??" Jim: "The poker school league." Friend: "And that is the same league with the leaderboard money??" Jim: "Correct." Friend: "And they pay you to not play poker in them?" Jim: "Correct again." Friend: "But you enter them anyway?" Jim: "Well, you have to enter in them." Friend: "I thought you said they pay you to not play in those tourneys" Jim: "Right. I am glad you are finally starting to understand!" That was a week ago and my friend is still scratching his head over that conversation. Best of luck to everybody this month!
                          Just wanted to pull this 1 up... for our newer members... umbup: umbup: umbup:
                          5 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thnx ez that will def go down as a true classic!
                            This should be stickyed to the top of the skill league forum!
                            Last edited by mtnestegg; Fri Jan 13, 2012, 06:36 PM.
                            May the tinfoil protect you. MT

Comment

typical me sitting there scratching me head now lolumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.