PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Entire playing history on Pokerstars gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entire playing history on Pokerstars gone

hehe maybe a good idea lol.

Installed holdem manager yesterday, probably a great piece of software don't know yet but it decided to deleted all my history files when importing them. Would have been nice to be given the option to back up first but I guess I shouldnt be too picky.

I write software for a living, my laptop, not my home, is my castle lol. Really winds me up when software just does stuff without asking or warning grrrrr

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get holdem Manager to regurgitate my history files? I wanted them

Any pointers greatly appreciated, guess I will have to RTFM now lol

Cheers

Originally posted by VareckRay View Post

Installed holdem manager yesterday, probably a great piece of software don't know yet but it decided to deleted all my history files when importing them. Would have been nice to be given the option to back up first but I guess I shouldnt be too picky.

I write software for a living, my laptop, not my home, is my castle lol. Really winds me up when software just does stuff without asking or warning grrrrr

Anyway, does anyone know if I can get holdem Manager to regurgitate my history files? I wanted them

Cheers
    you claim to write software for a living and announce that HEM robbed you-- VERY POOR ATTEMPT AT A BLUFF------ you really have no idea do you--- i will share- your hand histories are saved on your hard drive-- go have a look--
    Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
      you claim to write software for a living and announce that HEM robbed you-- VERY POOR ATTEPT AT A BLUFF---

lol not robbed Monkey, HEM has the hand histories in its' database, I just wanted them in their original text form

Don't see the connection between writing software and not knowing HEM is gonna delete my history files??

Comment

it will constantly delete them from history as it absorbs them
        however hold em allows you to review every single hand u ever played
        it will show you every AA you were ever dealt
        it will have stats going every which way
        in short
        it will do for you whatever you wanted to do with it anyways

Comment

thanks Chris, Unfortunately HEM won't do what I would do unfortunately. I use my history files in software I write myself.

I see HEM does continually remove my history as it imports them, shame, especially as I see no back-up option. Major flaw from my point of view and it means I won't be able to use HEM in real-time.

Shame really, surprised this hasn't been mentioned to HEM before. The backup/restore feature HEM has is only for it's on database files.

Last edited by VareckRay; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

thanks Chris, Unfortunately HEM won't do what I would do unfortunately. I use my history files in software I write myself.

I see HEM does continually remove my history as it imports them, shame, especially as I see no back-up option. Major flaw from my point of view and it means I won't be able to use HEM in real-time.

Shame really, surprised this hasn't been mentioned to HEM before. The backup/restore feature HEM has is only for it's on database files.

your post is infuriating-- suggest you visit the HEM site- and argue your case there--

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
              your post is infuriating-- suggest you visit the HEM site- and argue your case there--

lol Monkey what you getting wound up about? I just asked if anyone knows how to restore the pokerstars history that HEM removed.

Don't see why you're getting your knckers in a twist mate

If you think I'm attacking the software I'm not, never used it till yesterday so it might be wonderful. I just want my history files back lol

Cheers

Comment

Cheers
                Had the same thing happen with Poker Tracker 3 trial before I ditched it, you'll find within the Holdem Manager programme files a database where it moves all your hands after it has processed them.

You should be able to copy them back to your PS hand history folder from there. Then if its same as PT3 there will be a setting on HEM that says something like "transfer files to database when processed" unclick or change this setting.

Don't know anything about HEM so can't be specific but guessing it works similar to PT3.

Hope this helps in some way & good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bogweed1964 View Post
                  Had the same thing happen with Poker Tracker 3 trial before I ditched it, you'll find within the Holdem Manager programme files a database where it moves all your hands after it has processed them.

You should be able to copy them back to your PS hand history folder from there. Then if its same as PT3 there will be a setting on HEM that says something like "transfer files to database when processed" unclick or change this setting.

Don't know anything about HEM so can't be specific but guessing it works similar to PT3.

Hope this helps in some way & good luck.

Thanks Bogweed, I'll look into that. I'm familiar with the database HEM uses so shouldnt be a major problem.

Thanks for your help

Comment

Got them back

Just all files are now named file1, file2......

Never mind tho at least I was able to retrieve them.

Database management -> Export , thanks Bogweed

Still not impressed with not being asked tho. And to be honest there is no need for HEM to delete my history files, it can very easily scan for changes and just keep a track of the last file entry processed. The only thing it achieves is ensuring no other software can access them which seems a bit like protecting the interests of HEM to me.

Probably the same with other poker software I imagine which kinda goes against the ethos of user friendly software, that doesn't apply to just the UI imho

cheers

Comment

just write PS and ask for all your hand historys

I did this last summer and they sent me every hand i had played since i joined in 2003 as i wanted to add the hands i played prior to 2008 when i started using PT3

When ya download the file they give ya keep it some where else as if you going to use HEM or PT3 the HH will get pulled from the file they store into and go to your HEM or PT3

Hope this helps ya
                      Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by TOO2COO View Post
                        just write PS and ask for all your hand historys

I did this last summer and they sent me every hand i had played since i joined in 2003 as i wanted to add the hands i played prior to 2008 when i started using PT3

When ya download the file they give ya keep it some where else as if you going to use HEM or PT3 the HH will get pulled from the file they store into and go to your HEM or PT3

Hope this helps ya
                        Thanks TOO2COO, I will do that. I'd got the last week from the pokerstars app so that's cool i can get the rest.

Cheers

Comment

Just to add you can also select the "hands" view and the "view all hand histories" from the context menu.

You can copy and paste that. You do lose the game names but maybe there is an option to keep them.

Comment

you think that might be for speed? Maybe it'd take alot longer to scan for changes than to start from a clean folder?

Comment

Originally posted by CptJbud View Post
                              you think that might be for speed? Maybe it'd take alot longer to scan for changes than to start from a clean folder?
                              Hi Cpt,

Not really, you don't have to scan for changes manually in the application. Windows has a notification system (FileSystemWatcher in .NET for instance) you can set up from within your application allowing you to get notifications of when a folder or file changes. The overhead is minimal and the programming required pretty trivial.

I know this because I have done this many times myself. I do this with poker stars history and notes files which I copy to another location as they are updated. This allows me to use them without destroying the data for other apps.

There is no benefit to me as a user, speed or otherwise, having my history deleted as they're created.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.