PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poetry Sux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Poetry Sux

    Howdy, Folks. I have come to share my failure with you. Recently, someone recited a poem to me about not being able to win at poker while playing as a nit. More specifically, it was about waiting so long for your hand that you get blinded all in or ante'd all in, but truly, it comes down to waiting for your hand, and how long you are willing to do so, before you panic and throw your chips at some crap you are holding....Personally, I have won quite a few tourney's after waiting so long that i was either blinded or ante'd all in, and Cashed in so many more, that I KNOW what the right approach is. Personally, my biggest nemesis in poker is IMPATIENCE. And so, based on this conversation that I had with this person, and the poem that was recited to me, I took up a personal challenge yesterday morning (the poem was delivered to me the day before yesterday) of testing this "Interesting Theory" that it is "Better to take your chances" than to wait patiently for your spot, by playing ten $0.55 90 Player Turbo tournaments, and see how I do.... http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...0-Player-Turbo Well, I got impatient when I realized that 10 tourney's may take me as much as 5 days (I cashed the first two I played, and am already showing a profit on the $5.50 that I will invest in total on it). And so, I entered the $1.10 1,000 Cap yesterday, playing my role as a Nit in it to prove my point in one day. I am sorry to report that I failed. I am very disappointed in myself. I played the Nit quite well for 6 hours. Not good enough. I got impatient, played a hand that wasn't mine, and knocked myself out in Tenth place, just out of the bigger money. All because I forgot what I was doing, and got caught up playing inferior cards to my standard. I was holding down 4th place at the time it happened, and led this tourney for the greater part of the latter stages of this tournament, which was a couple of hours. This tournament was mine to win, but I got a little loose coming out of turn four on the backstretch. I am quite disappointed, more that I didn't prove my point (winning point), than anything else. MY FAULT, not the style of plays' fault. I was so intent on proving my point that I at some point decided to record some stats while playing to post along with my (laugh out loud) victory, to prove my point. Even though I did not prove my point by winning, I still feel that it is relevant to post these stats for examination. I know that some "Experts" around here will look at these stats and be horrified. And I want you to be. These "Experts" claim that "THOSE ARE TERRIBLE STATS!!! YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING TWICE THAT MANY HANDS" Bullshit. During current Hold'em session you were dealt 234 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 27 times while in big blind (33%) - 1 out of 27 times while in small blind (3%) - 12 out of 180 times in other positions (6%) - a total of 22 out of 234 (9%) Pots won at showdown - 6 of 7 (85%) Pots won without showdown - 22 From here, a total of 22 out of 234. During current Hold'em session you were dealt 263 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 31 times while in big blind (29%) - 1 out of 30 times while in small blind (3%) - 15 out of 202 times in other positions (7%) - a total of 25 out of 263 (9%) Pots won at showdown - 7 of 8 (87%) Pots won without showdown - 24 As shown above, in the next 29 hands, that total jumped to a whopping 25 out of 263 During current Hold'em session you were dealt 303 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 36 times while in big blind (25%) - 1 out of 35 times while in small blind (2%) - 17 out of 232 times in other positions (7%) - a total of 27 out of 303 (8%) Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%) Pots won without showdown - 27 At the next check in, 40 hands later, I played 2 more, and you gotta ask yourself, were either of or both of those hands Big Blind Free Ride's? During current Hold'em session you were dealt 334 hands and saw flop: - 11 out of 40 times while in big blind (27%) - 1 out of 39 times while in small blind (2%) - 17 out of 255 times in other positions (6%) - a total of 29 out of 334 (8%) Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%) Pots won without showdown - 31 31 hands later, at the next check in point, I played (or did I?) 2 more hands. PokerStars Tournament #381163007, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD 1000 players Total Prize Pool: $1000.00 USD Tournament started 2011/04/06 14:45:00 PT [2011/04/06 17:45:00 ET] Dear Sinman64, You finished the tournament in 10th place. A USD 10.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account. You earned 109.69 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/ Congratulations! Thank you for participating. I don't care what anybody says, or what cute little poems anyone makes up, these numbers speak for themselves. Bottom line for me is that the poetry is in the numbers, not the words. Poker is all about PATIENCE, and your mastery of it; that's not to say that there are not spots where you could and should be in, but if you make it your habit to create those spots, you can talk to me about it from the rail, because I'll still be playing, so go bother someone else with that crap. The Sinman.
    Last edited by Sinman64; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 07:02 PM.

  • #2
    lol,,You are truely a nit. Nothing wrong w/ that. Looking at your PSO stats also sheds some light on your playing style. But where's the poem,,,I want to read the poem. I'm so disappointed.

    It's alright to be alittle nitty
    Drink some beer, and squeeze alittle titty
    Take a shot, and hope for something pretty
    It's alright to be a little nitty

    >Dem

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by DEMONTIS7 View Post
      lol,,You are truely a nit. Nothing wrong w/ that. Looking at your PSO stats also sheds some light on your playing style. But where's the poem,,,I want to read the poem. I'm so disappointed.

      It's alright to be alittle nitty
      Drink some beer, and squeeze alittle titty
      Take a shot, and hope for something pretty
      It's alright to be a little nitty

      >Dem
      What a great post, Dude, ty.

      Now, for the Poem.....


      "Dear Forum Moderator....Is it alright to post Poetry?"

      The Sinman.

      Comment


      • #4
        ???

        hey sinner- would love to respond-- yet man o man-- that BLUE font wont allow it !!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Love it umbup: Beware of the nit nurse

          Comment


          • #6
            I wrote a poem about poker 6 years ago for a english class assignment. Wish I could find it... it is buried somewhere is piles of old papers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Well the thread will not be broken,,,,Poetry Sux,,,,Post your poetry - I did
              Just an afterthought,,,we could vote for the best piece of putrid poetry posted

              >Dem
              Last edited by DEMONTIS7; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 07:16 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                My cards are the sunset, your cards are the mud
                At this game that we play I'm an absolute stud
                You can't hold a candle the the hand I hold
                I've got a low flush, you see it, good fold

                Comment


                • #9
                  i sat down at the poker table and look at my vodka and cranberry and took a sip
                  when i look at my chips , i almost did a flip
                  i was chip leader with 9 to go
                  so i tighten up my game and played it slow
                  nobody thought that i was good enough to win
                  so after i won the champioship, i invited the royal flush girls up to my room for some juice and jin..
                  Last edited by TARIQ06; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 10:05 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I've got a verse and a chorus, in the rhythm of the ozzy classic.

                    "Crazy, but that's how it goes,
                    Re-raiseing with garbage,
                    And hope that you'll fold,
                    Maybe,
                    It's not too late,
                    Once again to shove,
                    and river a trey.

                    I don't know what I'm do-ing
                    Driving you insane...
                    I'm just a bad player on the rail call-ling you names.
                    Yeah, I'm just a bad player on the rail calling you names."

                    anyone wanna finish te tune have at it i gotta get back to work.

                    cheers. j

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Where do they come from? The endless line.
                      Waiting in the Queue ’til the end of time.

                      They reach in their pockets for a chance to play.
                      Matching wits and skills to survive the foray.

                      They stack up their chips and then give them
                      away. What the hell, Brother, they came to play.

                      >Dem

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DEMONTIS7 View Post
                        Where do they come from? The endless line. Waiting in the Queue ’til the end of time. They reach in their pockets for a chance to play. Matching wits and skills to survive the foray. They stack up their chips and then give them away. What the hell, Brother, they came to play. >Dem
                        Brought rhythm with that one, wtg. umbup:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I could make a Rap Poker video outta that one,,,eh?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Your cards are lemons, my cards are sweet
                            I don't need to draw after fifth street
                            But I can paint the picture in my head
                            Of getting your chips, you're drawing dead

                            >Dem

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sinman64 View Post
                              Howdy, Folks. I have come to share my failure with you. Recently, someone recited a poem to me about not being able to win at poker while playing as a nit. More specifically, it was about waiting so long for your hand that you get blinded all in or ante'd all in, but truly, it comes down to waiting for your hand, and how long you are willing to do so, before you panic and throw your chips at some crap you are holding....Personally, I have won quite a few tourney's after waiting so long that i was either blinded or ante'd all in, and Cashed in so many more, that I KNOW what the right approach is. Personally, my biggest nemesis in poker is IMPATIENCE. And so, based on this conversation that I had with this person, and the poem that was recited to me, I took up a personal challenge yesterday morning (the poem was delivered to me the day before yesterday) of testing this "Interesting Theory" that it is "Better to take your chances" than to wait patiently for your spot, by playing ten $0.55 90 Player Turbo tournaments, and see how I do.... http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...0-Player-Turbo Well, I got impatient when I realized that 10 tourney's may take me as much as 5 days (I cashed the first two I played, and am already showing a profit on the $5.50 that I will invest in total on it). And so, I entered the $1.10 1,000 Cap yesterday, playing my role as a Nit in it to prove my point in one day. I am sorry to report that I failed. I am very disappointed in myself. I played the Nit quite well for 6 hours. Not good enough. I got impatient, played a hand that wasn't mine, and knocked myself out in Tenth place, just out of the bigger money. All because I forgot what I was doing, and got caught up playing inferior cards to my standard. I was holding down 4th place at the time it happened, and led this tourney for the greater part of the latter stages of this tournament, which was a couple of hours. This tournament was mine to win, but I got a little loose coming out of turn four on the backstretch. I am quite disappointed, more that I didn't prove my point (winning point), than anything else. MY FAULT, not the style of plays' fault. I was so intent on proving my point that I at some point decided to record some stats while playing to post along with my (laugh out loud) victory, to prove my point. Even though I did not prove my point by winning, I still feel that it is relevant to post these stats for examination. I know that some "Experts" around here will look at these stats and be horrified. And I want you to be. These "Experts" claim that "THOSE ARE TERRIBLE STATS!!! YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING TWICE THAT MANY HANDS" Bullshit. During current Hold'em session you were dealt 234 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 27 times while in big blind (33%) - 1 out of 27 times while in small blind (3%) - 12 out of 180 times in other positions (6%) - a total of 22 out of 234 (9%) Pots won at showdown - 6 of 7 (85%) Pots won without showdown - 22 From here, a total of 22 out of 234. During current Hold'em session you were dealt 263 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 31 times while in big blind (29%) - 1 out of 30 times while in small blind (3%) - 15 out of 202 times in other positions (7%) - a total of 25 out of 263 (9%) Pots won at showdown - 7 of 8 (87%) Pots won without showdown - 24 As shown above, in the next 29 hands, that total jumped to a whopping 25 out of 263 During current Hold'em session you were dealt 303 hands and saw flop: - 9 out of 36 times while in big blind (25%) - 1 out of 35 times while in small blind (2%) - 17 out of 232 times in other positions (7%) - a total of 27 out of 303 (8%) Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%) Pots won without showdown - 27 At the next check in, 40 hands later, I played 2 more, and you gotta ask yourself, were either of or both of those hands Big Blind Free Ride's? During current Hold'em session you were dealt 334 hands and saw flop: - 11 out of 40 times while in big blind (27%) - 1 out of 39 times while in small blind (2%) - 17 out of 255 times in other positions (6%) - a total of 29 out of 334 (8%) Pots won at showdown - 8 of 10 (80%) Pots won without showdown - 31 31 hands later, at the next check in point, I played (or did I?) 2 more hands. PokerStars Tournament #381163007, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD 1000 players Total Prize Pool: $1000.00 USD Tournament started 2011/04/06 14:45:00 PT [2011/04/06 17:45:00 ET] Dear Sinman64, You finished the tournament in 10th place. A USD 10.00 award has been credited to your Real Money account. You earned 109.69 tournament leader points in this tournament. For information about our tournament leader board, see our web site at http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tour.../leader-board/ Congratulations! Thank you for participating. I don't care what anybody says, or what cute little poems anyone makes up, these numbers speak for themselves. Bottom line for me is that the poetry is in the numbers, not the words. Poker is all about PATIENCE, and your mastery of it; that's not to say that there are not spots where you could and should be in, but if you make it your habit to create those spots, you can talk to me about it from the rail, because I'll still be playing, so go bother someone else with that crap. The Sinman.
                              +1 Sin. When I came in 4th in the .25 $100 added a couple weeks back my flop seen % was around 12% for the entire tournament,but I know that once we got to the FT it was probably around 20% from that point on so in getting to the FT I was probably around 8-9%. I know that for me the top range of my comfort level seem to be around 17-18%,and many will tell you that should be the bottom of your range,or at the tightest the middle,or standard range for you. And I get that,I really do. And I know that I have a lot of improvement to make in my game and opening up with a little more using position and selective targeting of players that can be bullied,and just incorporating a little more of a LAG profile into my game.these things will all be a major part of it. I get that,I know that and I fully intend to accomplish that (or try like Hell). But when I get told that what I'm doing now CAN'T work and that I should completely chuck it.......well to that I say not a chance in Hell am I doing that. You don't blow up the foundation to build the house. And you don't demolish the house to add an addition. Now do you have to break the house up a little to do it? Yeah,maybe. And that's something that I'll have to deal with as I do it,having a (probable) dip in results,as I try to bring new elements to bear in my game. But I know what has gotten me this far. And I'm looking to add to it,not abandon it. Big difference. Another good food for thought post by you Sin,thanks for that. umbup:

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              X Cookies Information

                              We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.