PokerStars homepage
;
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

.55 90 Player Turbo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .55 90 Player Turbo

Howdy Folks, Good day to you, and best of luck at the tables. Starting today, I am going to play 10 of these tourneys, just to see how well I can do; I'm bored. I/we have seen other people do this in the form of "Challenges". I am not challenging anyone to anything, but if anyone finds this interesting, feel free to join in, or even top my results, which I will post.. I'm figuring it like this: First Place pays $12.42 .... If I can win one, my return on investment will be more than 100%. Not out of the question at all. The extrapolated math from there, speaks for itself. But the ROI isn't what I'm looking at, or shooting for; my goal for this is to cash 4 times out of the ten tries. Wish me luck. The Sinman. P.S. By the way, Folks...For those not aware, I know that many DO NOT LIKE Turbo's. FYI: even though this tourney is a Turbo, it does NOT play like one because it has an expanded blind structure; for example, level 5 in this tourney is 30/60, whereas in the regular .25 Sit & Go, level 5 is 75/150, so don't let the "Turbo" scare you.
    Last edited by fadmin; Wed Apr 06, 2011, 05:43 PM.

I will post my results here.

1) ...

PokerStars Tournament #382830324, No Limit Hold'em
    Buy-In: $0.50/$0.05 USD
    90 players
    Total Prize Pool: $45.00 USD
    Tournament started 2011/04/06 7:07:51 PT [2011/04/06 10:07:51 ET]

Dear Sinman64,

You finished the tournament in 3rd place. A USD 6.30 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

Thank you for participating.

2)...

PokerStars Tournament #382942348, No Limit Hold'em
    90 players
    Tournament started 2011/04/06 13:02:48 PT [2011/04/06 16:02:48 ET]

Dear Sinman64,

You finished the tournament in 7th place. A USD 1.91 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

3)... 39th Place.

4).... ahem, 90th, lmao

5)... 51st

6)... 22nd (and going nowhere, fast)

7)... 44th

8)... 24th

9)...

PokerStars Tournament #383326735, No Limit Hold'em
    90 players
    Tournament started 2011/04/07 15:46:25 PT [2011/04/07 18:46:25 ET]

Dear Sinman64,

You finished the tournament in 1st place. A USD 12.42 award has been credited to your Real Money account.

Congratulations!

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 120 hands and saw flop:
    - 9 out of 19 times while in big blind (47%)
    - 3 out of 17 times while in small blind (17%)
    - 3 out of 84 times in other positions (3%)
    - a total of 15 out of 120 (12%)
    Pots won at showdown - 6 of 6 (100%)
    Pots won without showdown - 12

Proving that indeed, you can be a NIT and win the tourney, too....

10)... 49th
    Last edited by fadmin; Fri Apr 08, 2011, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Hey Sin,

Congrats on your 1st game and GL with the rest.

Comment

Thank you very much, annie, good to see you, and thanks for the encouragement. Everyone, this is annie, and she is a Friend of mine from the League, and from the tables; a very nice, kind person. If you should see her at the tables, be sure to say hello. The Sinman.

Comment

Sin this sounds like an interesting challenge and I think I might join you on this just to see how I do. Going to do some stuff around the house today and then I will play one later tonight. I will try and get two in per day over the next five days.

Do you mind if I post my results here with yours?

Tit tat

Comment

Yeah, the .55/90 mans are very soft. I've played about 100 since Jan. 1 and my ROI is 102%. And I'm the biggest nit in the world. Just play ABC straight forward poker and don't let the bad beats tilt you and watch your bankroll grow.

GL
            JakeX

Comment

Originally posted by Faery Tats View Post
              Sin this sounds like an interesting challenge and I think I might join you on this just to see how I do. Going to do some stuff around the house today and then I will play one later tonight. I will try and get two in per day over the next five days. Do you mind if I post my results here with yours? Tit tat
              Fo Sho, Faery Tats, come on in with it. It does sound a little fun, don't it? Very Best of Luck, The Sinman. P.S. On #2 now.

Comment

good luck Sin and Tits

Comment

I wanna play! How long does it generally take to play a .55/90? I may have to start tomorrow but will get one in today if I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by erinass View Post
                    I wanna play! How long does it generally take to play a .55/90? I may have to start tomorrow but will get one in today if I have time.
                    The one I'm in now has been runnin 50 minutes, and there are 24 left, blinds are 125/250.

Comment

That isn't too bad! You ever play the knockouts? I like them too!

Comment

Originally posted by erinass View Post

I just checked a tourney I won. It took 2 hrs 1 min.

Good luck
                        JakeX

Comment

Ok, well I played one earlier...BOMBED, busted out at 13th. Will play another in a little while.

Rosie

Comment

I think I need to take my chips and go home.....0-2 for the record....LOL

TIts

Comment

Don't feel bad, my 3rd try just resulted in a 39th place finish.

And it is impossible to top my 4th try finish.
                              Last edited by fadmin; Thu Apr 07, 2011, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.