PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to match their play

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to match their play

for months I have preached that players who are passive who do not play in same patterns that pros have a far less chance of winning. For that reason I have strived hard to change my stats to resemble good players. For the first time in many months I have reached that goal or nearly so .

To show how successful this was I was able to immediately lose $35.00 in one session .
    Last edited by XXChris123; Wed Apr 06, 2011, 12:11 PM.

by pressing CTL + you can enlarge image its hard to see

Comment

not working for me

Comment

Unreadabe for me too.

Comment

It appears that you need to open up a bit and raise pre-flop more. These are two very important parts of poker Chris. I doen't matter who the pro is. Raising with just 11% of your hands pre. Tells me that your game is entirely to tight for the games in which you play.

Just my thoughts at a quick glance.

GL
          JT

Comment

command + enlarges it for you Mac users.

You want to keep you preflop raises within 3% of hands played like the Pro has.
            Interesting to see the Pro is cbetting a lot less than expected.

So example

25/22 34/31 18/15

I think you need to open up a bit more to be success ful at 6max.
            You a tad on the tight side at 18%(I think thats what it is or 19).Aim for 25 vpip and see how that works out.
            I love 6max but want to get my roll up a bit before moving into 6max.I tend to be the most aggressive player since the image pays off more.

Comment

Hey Chris,

I am trying to do the same thing over the past 6 weeks playing 6max at the micro tables (1cent / 2cent then 2 cent / 5cent after bank roll hit 120 dollars). I was able to take my 90 dollar bank roll to just over 200 dollars. Then in 1 weeks time i took several major hits and am at 122 bucks.

I had stopped the cash games and began pouring over my stats and really looking into my equity on every street when i have a major win or loss to see what went wrong.

Make sure you are not just betting or checking for stats. Look for a reason to take an action. Based on the range of the villain, and your equity in the hand. I was around 25/20 (VPIP/PFR) and close to 75% cbetting on the flop. I found I got involved in pots when stack sizes were too small to do so. I also found I was cbetting way to much against players who just don't ever want to fold!

Long story short, I think stats are important, but remember to look deeper at the situation before taking an action.

-Aummadour

Comment

I agree but I want my stats to be more like winning players than players who dont win

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted user View Post
                  command + enlarges it for you Mac users.

You want to keep you preflop raises within 3% of hands played like the Pro has.
                  Interesting to see the Pro is cbetting a lot less than expected.

So example

25/22 34/31 18/15

I think you need to open up a bit more to be success ful at 6max.
                  You a tad on the tight side at 18%(I think thats what it is or 19).Aim for 25 vpip and see how that works out.
                  I love 6max but want to get my roll up a bit before moving into 6max.I tend to be the most aggressive player since the image pays off more.
                  The pro's vpip and pfr are 6% apart, not 3%. Mine runs 4.5-5% personally, it's under 2 from MP but 5.5 from the button. If you're only 3% from the button you're not taking advantage of your position often enough in deep stacked scenarios where flatting a raise will create an spr of 10-15+ and the villain is exploitable post flop.

Also c-bet in the 60-70% range is fine, the pro is right there at 60%. If you're cbetting any more than 70 that's usually going to start causing you more problems than it's worth.
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by XXChris123 View Post
                    for months I have preached that players who are passive who do not play in same patterns that pros have a far less chance of winning.
                    That's a fairly broad and meaningless statement. Which pros, Phil Helmuth, Ilsidur1, Daniel Negrenau, Tom Dwan, Nanonoko?

Comment

it is not allowed to post another players stats
                      so it is merely a poker pro and my stats
                      who cares who it is
                      its a pro
                      most pros are similar
                      also it is not meaningless
                      If a pro or pros C bet 60 % and I C bet 98% then I need to adjust my C bet
                      same goes for preflop raises and aggression and how often you voluntarily enter the pot
                      merely matching their stats should enable a player to improve their game
                      why ????
                      because the law of large numbers is the same for everyone
                      yet only the pros have cracked the code
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_large_numbers
                      Last edited by XXChris123; Wed Apr 06, 2011, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Got to be careful comparing your stats with a pro's stats at the limit you play. They might have best strategy to make the most money at that limit, but that doesn't mean there aren't other ways to profit. Just, they profit the most. Adjusting might be a problem at first if they play a different style than you. If your a TAG and the pro is a LAG, then adjust one or two stats might put you in the middle of the two strategies. Maybe a bad place to be. Also, if your not comfortable with the pro's style then you might be better off playing your own style, even if it is technically a little less profitable.

No doubt there is insight to be gained comparing your stats to a pro a your limit. Just keep in mind it is just one person, and many others show a profit as well.

Of course, if you think their strategy looks the same as yours, but your stats are simply sub-optimal, then this is a perfect way to fine tune your strategy.

Comment

nice reply rocker the rest of you can kiss my shiny butt !!!! just kidding' I find a lot of times when anyone posts about a subject that to a large degree the replies fill in the holes In my case I often agree with a lot of the replies if not all of them to some one just learning the replies are often as good or better knowledge than the original start of the topic except when it s my topic then its my beginning that is always the best !@!!!!!!!!! ... I got to say I do copy various pros in some cases it makes my game more profitable but more stressful in other cases and this is a surprise it takes away the stress and adds profit last night was the most fun I ever had in a session
                          Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                          above was last night but heres another big one
                          Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner
                          . . .
                          Last edited by XXChris123; Wed Apr 06, 2011, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Nice couple hands there. I can't believe kibloucha folded the river that is just hilarious.

Comment

I was down $35 or so after a great start I was very happy then bummer down $35 or more.
                              Slowly bit by bit I recovered till I was down $7
                              then bam down $29 again
                              then recovered again till finally down $3.47
                              then I ran into like 3 bad beats and was down like $39 again or maybe it was $29 down
                              I was angry
                              5 hours or more hard work gone
                              I said to a friend in ventrilo I am pissed
                              I am taking the gloves off
                              it took me 1000 hands out of a 5762 hand session to recover and profit
                              actually 800 hands to recover
                              during that time I set aside my theories kinda
                              or in fact merged them all together
                              and literally went into attack mode on all 10 of my tables
                              it wound up being the most fun I ever had
                              I had many wins which were $10 plus hmmmm let me check
                              pot sizes where I won hands on 2cent/5cent
                              $22.49
                              $25.44
                              $19.70
                              $19.73
                              $15.65
                              $12.77
                              $12.78
                              $11.63

it was a wild ride

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.