PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Role reversal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Role reversal

Got in the 10 cent Facebook league and decided to just play like a donkey for a change (at least I hope people don't think I normally play like one!) and see how long I can last.
    Well......
    donked out pocket aces with J6 (flopped a set of J's)
    donked out pocket tens with A4 (got 4 diamonds on the board to match my A of diamonds)
    donked out sets of 3's and 9's in the same hand with J10 (caught a straight)

Now sitting with 10000 chips and sitting out (need to get to bed early tonight) to likely coast into the money somewhere. I do see the donkeys point of view. Playing anything with reckless abandon can be quite fun. But can it be rewarding in the long run? I like to think it wouldn't. But I recommend you all find something to give it a try, if for no other reason than to relieve some built up frustrations from bad beats. I know it helped me.
    Best of luck to all this month staying focused and stress free!

LOL. Congrats on a very successful OSM!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguyjim View Post
      Got in the 10 cent Facebook league and decided to just play like a donkey for a change (at least I hope people don't think I normally play like one!) and see how long I can last. Well...... donked out pocket aces with J6 (flopped a set of J's) donked out pocket tens with A4 (got 4 diamonds on the board to match my A of diamonds) donked out sets of 3's and 9's in the same hand with J10 (caught a straight) Now sitting with 10000 chips and sitting out (need to get to bed early tonight) to likely coast into the money somewhere. I do see the donkeys point of view. Playing anything with reckless abandon can be quite fun. But can it be rewarding in the long run? I like to think it wouldn't. But I recommend you all find something to give it a try, if for no other reason than to relieve some built up frustrations from bad beats. I know it helped me. Best of luck to all this month staying focused and stress free!
      I tried this out in February in the PSO Skill League. I played the role of shove monkey in every Skill League tourney I entered. I shoved every hand I was dealt no matter what I held. I was curious to see how far a person could go by employing this strategy, since "shove monkeys" seem to draw the biggest complaint from PSO players. The only difference was I never sat out; I continued to shove once I built a stack. Got lucky a few times and built up stacks of around 6,000 real quick. Then watched it all go away. It reinforces the point that many of make to the bad beat whiners: A shove monkey's luck doesn't last very long. umbup:

Comment

how dare you SSugs..... I expect that you will get a pm soon

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
          how dare you SSugs..... I expect that you will get a pm soon
          If I receive one, I will reply... if 30 people tell me to. umbup: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.