PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts from a drunk guy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts from a drunk guy

just say you have an issue you feel very strongly about,

do you attack with a very strong opinion and tell it like it is, or

do you try to get your point across in a civil manner?

if some one attacks your way of thinking with an aggressive tone, how do you react to it?
    are you hearing what their saying? or just the aggression

if someone tries to explain there thought in a civil manner, are you more up to listening to what they have to say?

l'm just learning how to communicate, lol, only took me 50 years and still learning.

anyways, just thinking out loud............hiccup

cheers
    Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Originally posted by effsea View Post

if some one attacks your way of thinking with an aggressive tone, how do you react to it?

if someone tries to explain there thought in a civil manner, are you more up to listening to what they have to say?

l'm just learning how to communicate, lol, only took me 50 years and still learning.

cheers
    Eff, I can take it either way. As well, I do both when responding. If the person isn't listening (you). It may get louder or appear more aggressive in tone. However, once my piece has been stated. It is over for me. Apparently, not you however. Respect is everything for me and if not for you. GL to ya. It's that easy. I may have blown up and real friends may try to look past that at some point. However, it doesn't matter to me either way. I can pick with whom I converse. As can you. The end result is what is of importance. To me anyhow!

JT

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
      Eff, I can take it either way. As well, I do both when responding. If the person isn't listening (you). It may get louder or appear more aggressive in tone. However, once my piece has been stated. It is over for me. Apparently, not you however. Respect is everything for me and if not for you. GL to ya. It's that easy. I may have blown up and real friends may try to look past that at some point. However, it doesn't matter to me either way. I can pick with whom I converse. As can you. The end result is what is of importance. To me anyhow!

JT

lol jt,

this was not directed at you,

respect is gained, not demanded,

cheers

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

One thing I will tell everyone is that the written word has a way of being mis-toned. That is, there is no inflection from the voice. What is clear and calm to one, another will interpret as bombastic. It is something I can attest to as common. One must choose their words with care when writing online. It still surprises me how something innocent can become a clash of cultures.

Comment

l started this post today in good will, there is so much drama today in the forum, l was hoping to calm things down, thats all.

cheers all

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

lol jt,

this was not directed at you,

respect is gained, not demanded,

cheers
            It is something I give until miss used or not given back Sir. Great reply however.

JT

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
              It is something I give until miss used or not given back Sir. Great reply however.

JT
              JT, l have tried to explain to you via our pm's, but since you are putting this drama in open forum,

it was you that said l was not a man of my word, how was l to take that?

it was you that said our group was up to something in the open forum,
              how were we to take that?

you carry on, l'm done

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

??

l started this post today in good will, there is so much drama today in the forum, l was hoping to calm things down, thats all.

cheers all

All of us like motion pictures - yes?
                Okay - so the genres are-- Horror,- Thriller,- Suspense,-Action/thriller,Action/suspense-Action pg,-Drama,-Comedic/Drama,-Docudrama,-Comedy,and Documentary--- pick your poison-- yet Truth- is well --- Truth------------------------------------ and it smells like chocolate !!

Comment

Originally posted by monkeyskunk4 View Post
                  All of us like motion pictures - yes?
                  Okay - so the genres are-- Horror,- Thriller,- Suspense,-Action/thriller,Action/suspense-Action pg,-Drama,-Comedic/Drama,-Docudrama,-Comedy,and Documentary--- pick your poison-- yet Truth- is well --- Truth------------------------------------ and it smells like chocolate !!

thx for your input monk,

lately l have been staying away from the forum, it tilts me,

l'm only going to post in the drunk tank thread and the investment thread from now on,

l can no longer read the bs in this forum,

good luck to all,

cheers

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

cheers

Eff regardless of what the underlying purpose of this thread is I'll throw a penny in, its my last month, and as always I'll try to respond with a straight bat.

I would always advocate civility, the raising of voices and anger of tone usually indicates a lack of strength in the point being made.

Take on board what has been said in opposition and respond civily where necessary to flaws in the argument being offered, if the response corrects you then accept gracefully, if the response is lirrational and lacks substance any further reply will prompt only further similar responses and end up in circular arguments that lead nowhere. I could link but won't.

At this point back away quietly, don't think that you always have to have the last word, a battle of wits with unarmed opponents is a futile battle, be comfortable in the knowledge that no point was made to disprove your position and that the the last point made, whilst being the final word was unsubstantiated.

The adversery, if they chose to be so, may walk away with chest puffed out but this will never detract from the facts and if they are wrong they will always remain wrong and more fool them for being ignorant of the fact to boot.

Comment

??

hay bog-- kinda like tryin to bluff a calling station??? yep-- good read man--

Comment

Originally posted by bogweed1964 View Post
                        Eff regardless of what the underlying purpose of this thread is I'll throw a penny in, its my last month, and as always I'll try to respond with a straight bat.

I would always advocate civility, the raising of voices and anger of tone usually indicates a lack of strength in the point being made.

Take on board what has been said in opposition and respond civily where necessary to flaws in the argument being offered, if the response corrects you then accept gracefully, if the response is lirrational and lacks substance any further reply will prompt only further similar responses and end up in circular arguments that lead nowhere. I could link but won't.

At this point back away quietly, don't think that you always have to have the last word, a battle of wits with unarmed opponents is a futile battle, be comfortable in the knowledge that no point was made to disprove your position and that the the last point made, whilst being the final word was unsubstantiated.

The adversery, if they chose to be so, may walk away with chest puffed out but this will never detract from the facts and if they are wrong they will always remain wrong and more fool them for being ignorant of the fact to boot.

l'm not sure l fully understand to what you are saying here, l'm a simple man with a very bad past trying to see a different way, l'm in the learning stages of how to communicate without taking your head off, l know one thing so far, when to walk away, well almost, l did say l'm still in the learning process,

cheers

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

basically what he is saying is when dealing with an idiot, who has an opposite view from you to state your case listen to the reply and if they are still an idiot walk awayumbup: because arguing will just escalate the matter into the ridiculous umbup:

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                            basically what he is saying is when dealing with an idiot, who has an opposite view from you to state your case listen to the reply and if they are still an idiot walk awayumbup: because arguing will just escalate the matter into the ridiculous umbup:
                            Cheers Mick, I know I talk in tongues sometimes, its how I write, not who I am.
                            Last edited by bogweed1964; Sat Apr 02, 2011, 01:03 AM.

Comment

thx guys,

one thing l'm happy about is, because l don't know it all, l'm still able to learn something,

cheers guys

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.