PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Run the Clock Out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Run the Clock Out?

Is there a purpose for running the clock out every single time one folds? I don't get it......

Its all about moving up the standings or maintaining your rank.

If you are stuck at a table with a player that is shoving and calling every hand,you time down to make your chips last longer.

Comment

yes, especially if there are antes. Every place you get in these, you get more league pts.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

To do it from the start of the game to the end as some people do is foolish. But the clock can be your friend if you're understacked or near the button. It allows people at other tables to get knocked out, thus giving you a higher finish.

Comment

Originally posted by autodafe20 View Post
          To do it from the start of the game to the end as some people do is foolish. But the clock can be your friend if you're understacked or near the button. It allows people at other tables to get knocked out, thus giving you a higher finish.
          Absolutely Foolish I tell ya. Moronic I think. -shark

Comment

Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
            Absolutely Foolish I tell ya. Moronic I think. -shark
            As spoken by the masterumbup:umbup:umbup:

Comment

i run the clock down so i can have more time to drink.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveArtist View Post
                i run the clock down so i can have more time to drink.

lol.......hiccup....me also
                Poker Rule #1....Never listen to me...hiccup

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Well last month I ran the clock down from start to finish and this month I didnt start running clock till after the first 30-45 min.

I believe my drop from 1st to over 300 is partially due to this experiment.

I will now run the clock from the begginning once again!

Comment

It seems to make others on the table a little edgy....and that's always fun

Comment

Originally posted by FaCeK1cKeR View Post
                      It seems to make others on the table a little edgy....and that's always fun
                      I try to always apologize if possible. I once ran into a gentleman who told me he doesn't get to play very ofter due to RL obligations. So, this is a free poker fix for him. I can understand where he is coming from so, I apologized and let him know why I was doing it. Seemed to take it ok after that.

Comment

?? This is the deal- made fun of shark and others for succin the clock like Jenna Jamison- was a pride issue for me- and etiquette also-- most i made in the PSO- $50-- have won 4 tourneys- and many FTs-- decided to be a clock pimp this month after week 1-- look where i finished- i didnt change 1 thing about the way i play- EXCEPT if i was short- couldnt catch a double early-- i drained that clock like a dry desert-- not to make plus points-- to minimize the negative points-!!! And thats all i have to say about that ! buch of CHICKENS - chicken salad--- chicken --------------------------------------------------umbup: p.s-- i dont do it till first break- like to see as many hands as possible- before the antes kik in---
                        Last edited by monkeyskunk4; Fri Apr 01, 2011, 08:59 PM. Reason: ps

Comment

Well I will continue being a "foolish moron".

Comment

Suckin' the clock like Jenna Jameson.

Good one Monk!

And you don't need to suck clock to do well in this league. I made it to #20 without doing any of that (except when I was on my knees praying not to get knocked out).

I finished in 16th though...
                            4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

im a milker now 2 clock runners UNITEumbup:

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.