PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mmmm Fish quits PSO - Who else and why ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmm Fish quits PSO - Who else and why ?

aaa
    Last edited by RedLetterman; Sun Nov 27, 2011, 04:00 AM.

Didn't see it... is he actually quitting PSO, or just quitting the skill league?
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

aaa

Comment

Do you want his social security card and a summary of houses he has occupied in the last 5 years too?

He'll be back, he won't be back, he'll play poker he won't play poker,

Comment

aaa

Comment

Originally posted by RedLetterman View Post
            Making money at other tables?
            That was my reason.

Comment

As people develope their game in the league and become better, they are able to make more money playing other tourneys. Eventually it becomes more profitable to play elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                That was my reason.
                Mine too.

i'll be 100% honest, playing PSO in a monthly league became a DRAG.

This month I tried, I really tried...

I started off o.k., then took a couple hits. After that, I had a stack I could have moneyed (or at least plus pointed) quite a few times, but just could not summons up enough "caring" to protect the stack.

The fact is, PSO on Stars was nice when it was a "berry patch", but now far too many people have clued into the "system", and that is making the league very hard to money in on a monthly basis.

Kudos to all of you who do have the patience to go for the $1500, and month after month face the crushing realization you just played 100+ events to make $15...

Since I stopped playing PSO's, I've made about $30 (in around 10 days), with relatively little "risk" of going bust-o. Based on the time I've spent (about 1/2 what I spent playing 4x PSO's per night), I simply cannot justify continued PSO play.

Oh, I'll still be aorund the forums. And I may splash around a bit in an event or 2 per month, but I seriously doubt I will return to playing PSO "full time" until/unless I am in dire need of cash.
                Double Bracelet Winner

Comment

PSO league is a great place to help build a bankroll for free. Once you get a bankroll going, your time is better spent elsewhere (unless your planning on giving it 110% and trying to hit top 5).

Comment

Noticed Fish saying this is his last month in PSO. Wondering who else has dropped off and why. Outgrew it? Not enough time? New job? New girl? Making money at other tables? Playing live?
                    This is the exact position I find myself in as of late. I'm on the first page, but, the time and effort to break T10 is a real drag this month. I think I may wait but, who knows. It is true I can make more money playing live vs. PSO Skill at this point in time. But, as I don't want to spend all my time playing live. I'm ok w/ having it up along w/ another MTT. So, I will stay. Also got a new system w/ a 23" wide screen now. So, Playing will be a lot easier than on my netbook.

-shark

Comment

Noticed Fish saying this is his last month in PSO. Wondering who else has dropped off and why. Outgrew it? Not enough time? New job? New girl? Making money at other tables? Playing live?
                      I've taken the basics that PSO has taught me (patience, hand selection, position) and the cash I've won in the PSO and moved on to cash sng's, mtt's, and ring tables.

I have found it to be much more profitable (not to mention enjoyable) to play outside of PSO.

Comment

he is just holding out for more money

Comment

Frankly I can't believe the amount of time many people put into playing Skill League. The tournaments are fun and a good way to improve your play, but in terms of $$$ there is not much reward for the hours invested.

I'm sure Fish has found a better ROI for his time. And best of luck to him!

Personally I'd like someday to make a serious run up the Leaderboard, but with little time to play I prefer cash games for growing my bankroll. You can find me at fixed limit 6-max micros.
                          I'll be the guy behind the big stack. lol
                          3 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Fillmore 59 View Post
                            Frankly I can't believe the amount of time many people put into playing Skill League. The tournaments are fun and a good way to improve your play, but in terms of $$$ there is not much reward for the hours invested.

I'm sure Fish has found a better ROI for his time. And best of luck to him!

Personally I'd like someday to make a serious run up the Leaderboard, but with little time to play I prefer cash games for growing my bankroll. You can find me at fixed limit 6-max micros.
                            I'll be the guy behind the big stack. lol
                            So, the $1500 isn't enough for ya huh?

Buy a clue........

JT

Comment

i hate to waste rungoodz on skill league tourneys

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.