PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Close, But no Cigar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Close, But no Cigar

I'm done with the Milestone promotion. Thouroughly discusted with myself....again. I'm convinced the true EV is not in the money PokerStars is giving away. The EV is for the ring game sharks who get to crack the fish like me who have no business playing ring games.

Anyway, I'm not going to set the bar very high here right out of the shoot, but I will get the ball rolling.

Who in the forum will get the closeset to being dealt in one of the Milestone hands:

PokerStars Game #59883001345: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2011/03/27 8:52:49 CT [2011/03/27 9:52:49 ET]
    Table 'Cline IV' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
    Seat 1: RightBetFred ($27.10 in chips)
    Seat 2: distrofik ($30.20 in chips)
    Seat 3: Mmmm Fish ($16.05 in chips)

Current leader is Mmmm Fish at 1345 hands from the money.

I missed one by about 500.

Haven't hit one, but at least I can say I've gotten alot of VPP's and am +$$$ at them.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

i was grinding out my fpp's 2 nights ago and the milestone hand i knew was close to being dealt....i was in the position that if i folded the hand was over....so i tried to time it just right.......and came 60 games past the milestone hand.....close but nope lol

Comment

negative EV for me too

I've been grinding the .02/.05 for two nights now and haven't hit yet......donated $4 so far over the two nights. I'm definately not a cash game player! Still going to try again today as if you hit one, it will make up for it. Those tables are tough. Was positive $$ the first night, but lost $4 last night. I'm playing super tight but had a problem twice laying down big hands when I knew I should which lost $2 each.....oh, well, back to the drawing board.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmmm Fish View Post
          I'm done with the Milestone promotion. Thouroughly discusted with myself....again. I'm convinced the true EV is not in the money PokerStars is giving away. The EV is for the ring game sharks who get to crack the fish like me who have no business playing ring games.

Anyway, I'm not going to set the bar very high here right out of the shoot, but I will get the ball rolling.

Who in the forum will get the closeset to being dealt in one of the Milestone hands:

PokerStars Game #59883001345: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50 USD) - 2011/03/27 8:52:49 CT [2011/03/27 9:52:49 ET]
          Table 'Cline IV' 9-max Seat #3 is the button
          Seat 1: RightBetFred ($27.10 in chips)
          Seat 2: distrofik ($30.20 in chips)
          Seat 3: Mmmm Fish ($16.05 in chips)

Current leader is Mmmm Fish at 1345 hands from the money.

I win fish. Took a $400+ nose bleed yesterday chasing the pipe dream. 2 stellar rewards later, and 1500 FPP's. Still down a little and don't know how close. I just didn't care if I missed. My poor money. LOL -GL to all someone hit one. Please.

Comment

back in the black

still in the trenches on .02/.05 nl won back my $4 - yay! was 3 away from one of the milestone hands..

During current Hold'em session you were dealt 430 hands and saw flop:
            - 33 out of 54 times while in big blind (61%)
            - 4 out of 52 times while in small blind (7%)
            - 20 out of 324 times in other positions (6%)
            - a total of 57 out of 430 (13%)
            Pots won at showdown - 5 of 8 (62%)
            Pots won without showdown - 30

Comment

Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
              I win fish. Took a $400+ nose bleed yesterday chasing the pipe dream. 2 stellar rewards later, and 1500 FPP's. Still down a little and don't know how close. I just didn't care if I missed. My poor money. LOL -GL to all someone hit one. Please.
              Ouch.

Comment

with close to 50,000 tables, the chances anyone has to get dealt into a milestone hand are pretty astronomically against you.

Comment

Originally posted by IroncladMerc View Post
                  with close to 50,000 tables, the chances anyone has to get dealt into a milestone hand are pretty astronomically against you.
                  The best way to get an approximation of the odds is to pull up your hand history and use the average of the differences between the hands. Number will be lower for the six-max tables than it is for the nine-player tables. Number is usually lower for the mico stakes than the higher stakes.

But you are right, odds are usually in the tens of thousands to 1. Still, there is a much better chance that a PSO player is going to show up in a Milestone hand than at the final table of the today's Sunday Storm.

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.