PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kill Phil, Kill Everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kill Phil, Kill Everyone

Was just wondering if anyone has read these two books? I have just finished. I however believe the overall reference is to basically be a donk. I personally do not care what style anyone plays, nor have I ever called someone a donk etc. Whatever style works for a person, I have no problems with it. My question is, if you have read either of these books, especially Kill Phil, what is your take on the teachings of the book? I am currently reading Sit'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman, have not read enough to determine anything from it, as currently I am 8/15 in the 50/50 arena, which should be better, but have tried a cpl diff new approaches to the game, which always throws me off when trying to learn a new playing style.
    If anyone has any good tourney or sit' n go books they have read, would love to get some feedback. I have read the super system books, but have not yet read any of the books by Harrington on Hold'em, which will probably be the next book I read. Also has anyone read the book "Online Poker" by Doyle Brunson? Also one last thing in my novel, has anyone read " How to beat Sit' n go Poker Tournaments " by Niel Timothy?
    Any advice or comments welcome, if anyone is debating the Kill series, and would likie some of the key points of the book, PM and I will give you the best points I took away from the books.
    Thanks and GL to all, see ya next month in the PSO, since I am now a "qualified" player oposed to a good ol' Whitestar.

Hunt2day

I have been meaning to read the Kill Phil series, I think they are a little more ICM based then the other books, so what seems donk like are really pushing your +ev spots to gain more chips.. also I have heard the moshman book is great although possibly a little dated for todays ultra aggressive game umbup:

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.