PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staking

Well isn't this the hot topic !

It seems to have transformed the forum in recent weeks. Sure, there's still some cussing going on. But I'm sure this will settle down once the teething problems have been overcome.

Most of what's occurred so far is experimental and mainly for fun. But I'm pretty sure that at some stage it will get a little more serious for a few of you. There are many issues to be addressed if you are to do this successfully and if you scour the net you'll find a lot of useful information. One area that I'm sure nobody has given a second thought to at this stage is taxation. Dennis Phillips latest "Final Table" podcast (episode 111) contains an interesting discussion on this subject. I'd recommend that you give it a listen.

And even if staking's not for you, this is one of the better shows that gets broadcast every week. Give it a try.

Originally posted by Darkman61 View Post
    Well isn't this the hot topic !

It seems to have transformed the forum in recent weeks. Sure, there's still some cussing going on. But I'm sure this will settle down once the teething problems have been overcome.

Most of what's occurred so far is experimental and mainly for fun. But I'm pretty sure that at some stage it will get a little more serious for a few of you. There are many issues to be addressed if you are to do this successfully and if you scour the net you'll find a lot of useful information. One area that I'm sure nobody has given a second thought to at this stage is taxation. Dennis Phillips latest "Final Table" podcast (episode 111) contains an interesting discussion on this subject. I'd recommend that you give it a listen.

And even if staking's not for you, this is one of the better shows that gets broadcast every week. Give it a try.
    Well said, I don't promote Dennis as I should since we have played together many a time. However, he does his thing and he does it well. I can attest. This man knows of what he speaks.

JT

Comment

I'm Canadian, so no taxes for me....umbup:

Comment

On reading what I've posted here, I sure seem to be "sure" of a lot of things

Comment

whats the address for that show? I have never heard of it

Comment

I am currently confirming what rules we need to implement with regards to staking. Once I have them agreed I will make a post.

Comment

Originally posted by PSO-Staff View Post
              I am currently confirming what rules we need to implement with regards to staking. Once I have them agreed I will make a post.
              Good idea staff. Did u know you can add one letter to staking and we need rules for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by roomik17 View Post
                whats the address for that show? I have never heard of it
                I suspect you'll have found it by now, but in case not...............

dubyadubyadubyadotthechipleaderdotcom

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.