PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I playing TOO tight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I playing TOO tight?

I just started playing in the PSO skill tournies and I like them(smaller fields and slower structures). But the last few games I haven't been getting any cards in late position and i'm folding middle connecters, suited gaps, and Ax in early position. So i'm bleeding to death and end up either trying to make a move with marginal a hand(I admit probably out of frustration) or so short stacked that I go allin and get multiple calls because I'm no threat to anyones stack.So am I just having a run of bad cards or do I need to loosen up?

im not an expert in these tournies but ive placed top 40 in the 2 out of 5 that i have played, basically i find you need do exactly as you are doing make the very occasional move but not out of frustration, do this in late position against a stack that is unlikely to call ie tight or would just wipe him out, make sure you dont do moves with rags i would say T9 suited + or pocket pairs 8 and above, hope this helps.

Comment

I am not familiar with the structure of these specific tournaments but I wouldn't recommend going to the loose extreme. I would suggest looking for opportunities to raise and make moves early in the game if you feel like you are bleeding away at later stages. If the run of bad cards seems never ending just remind yourself that its not and focus on making those cards work for you, whether it be finding new spots or tightening up and waiting for the right situation!

Comment

Hey Peachy congrats on the Pro Status.

Comment

Originally posted by PeachyMer View Post
          I am not familiar with the structure of these specific tournaments but I wouldn't recommend going to the loose extreme. I would suggest looking for opportunities to raise and make moves early in the game if you feel like you are bleeding away at later stages. If the run of bad cards seems never ending just remind yourself that its not and focus on making those cards work for you, whether it be finding new spots or tightening up and waiting for the right situation!
          Hello Peachy,,,Hope you join us in the PSO League play...it makes for an interesting month...See you on the tables.

>Dem

Comment

Originally posted by NONID View Post
            I just started playing in the PSO skill tournies and I like them(smaller fields and slower structures). But the last few games I haven't been getting any cards in late position and i'm folding middle connecters, suited gaps, and Ax in early position. So i'm bleeding to death and end up either trying to make a move with marginal a hand(I admit probably out of frustration) or so short stacked that I go allin and get multiple calls because I'm no threat to anyones stack.So am I just having a run of bad cards or do I need to loosen up?
            Just stay tight,,,play TAG,,,hope to double up at least once off the donkeys in the 1st hour,,,double up again in the 2nd hour,,,a little here, a little there,,,,you'll do fine

>Dem

Comment

Originally posted by PeachyMer View Post
              I would definitely take her advice on tournament poker. She's got a whole lot more experience than me in this field. I do think you should play solid though.

Comment

best tip I can give you is to read dan harrington

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.