PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by Step

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Step by Step

Nothing was working today, so decided to try something new STEPS I won a step2. played it and won a step3 ($83) PokerStars Tournament #372923004, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $7.00/$0.50 USD 9 players Total Prize Pool: $63.00 USD Tournament started 2011/03/16 12:43:30 ET Dear Sandtrap777, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have won an admission ticket to 'Step 2'. This ticket allows you to participate only in a tournament of this type. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or Tournament US Dollars; if you register and then unregister from the tournament, your ticket will be returned PokerStars Tournament #375627349, No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $25.00/$2.00 USD 9 players $0.50 USD added to the prize pool by PokerStars Total Prize Pool: $225.50 USD Tournament started 2011/03/16 15:22:46 ET Dear Sandtrap777, You finished the tournament in 1st place. You have won an admission ticket to 'Step 3'. This ticket allows you to participate only in a tournament of this type. Tickets are not redeemable for cash or Tournament US Dollars; if you register and then unregister from the tournament, your ticket will be returned. My question is this: As anybody reach this step before, I have a choice to play tournaments using this ticket or move up to the next step. Step 3 is almost like a 50/50, first 2 get a step 4 and the other 3 redo a step 3. The risk is that if you finish in the bottom 5, you lose it all. Hehe yes the same could happen in a tournament. If I reach step 4 ($215), than I could enter the Sunday Million or go for step 5,,,,,What a dilemma So for those that did dab into the steps, what is the best strategy, when to stop and if so which tournament to play? Thank you umbup:

Last time I played the steps, the only thing you could do with step 3 was to play it. I've won maybe four or five step fours. Used all of them for $215 tourneys. All but one of those I sold half interest to a buddy so I ended up with $107.50 and the 50% of my $215 tourney action.

Once, I bounced back to step three five times before I bagged the $215 seat. The VPPs were tasty.

On a side note, you can use your FPPs to buy steps tickets. I think that is why you see so many Supernovas in them (or did at the time I played).

Comment

I curse you for bringing a bad memory to mind!
      Your title choice has New kids on the Block running through my head now.

Comment

Way funny.

I was in the clear, but now, because of your post I'm humming it too.
        Last edited by Mmmm Fish; Wed Mar 16, 2011, 11:54 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

nice job Sand

I tend to save them for a run at the WSOP as i think last year step 6 paid 3 spots for a 9 man
          Package to 1st
          $3500 to 2nd
          $2k to 3rd

One thing i have notice is at the step 4 and up you see alot of the same players "Regs" in them

Best of luck with with ever choice you make
          Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.