PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing pocket 10s and Js

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing pocket 10s and Js

Pocket tens and/or pocket Jacks seem to be a nemesis hand for me.

I usually raise them preflop, rarely limp. If the flop is ambivalent, I will raise again, the same applies with the turn. Every time though I seem to get rivered with players calling my bets with A rag or Broadway cards and the Ace, King or Queen always comes on the river. I often end up calling bets when I know I am beat here because I have invested so much in the pot and I want to see their cards.

I have also tried playing them more conservatively but it still turns out the same.

I am getting to the point of considering folding Js and 10s preflop because I am getting sucked out so often.

Maybe, some of you have a few pointers on how best to play these holdings.

Thanks

TC

Originally posted by topthecat View Post
    Pocket tens and/or pocket Jacks seem to be a nemesis hand for me.

I usually raise them preflop, rarely limp. If the flop is ambivalent, I will raise again, the same applies with the turn. Every time though I seem to get rivered with players calling my bets with A rag or Broadway cards and the Ace, King or Queen always comes on the river. I often end up calling bets when I know I am beat here because I have invested so much in the pot and I want to see their cards.

I have also tried playing them more conservatively but it still turns out the same.

I am getting to the point of considering folding Js and 10s preflop because I am getting sucked out so often.

Maybe, some of you have a few pointers on how best to play these holdings.

Thanks

TC
    I am the same...I know I should fold when a dominante hand arises on the flop, turn or river but I want to see the bluff or sorry sack that had to chase the win. I am really not focusing much these days on my game play and it shows this month. I am trying to play my hands and nothing else which is causing me to crash and burn....I can not keep the bad wins away but I know they are also bad plays on my part. Jumped into $1/2 cash games to avoid the bad players but I keep getting bad beats and am doubting my play now. I am off the cash games for a while until I can gain some more confidence in my play again.

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeee

I too have troubles w JJ and 1010 . Here is a funny Link for how to play JJ in case u haven't seen it .
      Good Luck in all your games .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9CBtSW0kA

Mary

Comment

Great video Mary. I just watched it as I was playing in a tournament where I lost with Jacks. It certainly put the smile back on my face.

TC

Comment

Here;s how to play jacks -
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwmCI...feature=fvwrel

Comment

I got dealt JJ last night at a cash game. Flop comes QJQ. Villian rivers quad queens with his Q10o. I did raise preflop too... Got to love those JJ!

How you play TT and JJ depends on if your playing cash, mtt, or sng. In cash, it is usually a good idea to raise preflop with them. After that it gets complicated. Try to consider your position and the caller's position. How many callers you get makes a big difference if overcards hit. If someone limps in early position and then calls your raise, don't automatically assume they hit the flop if an A or K hits. If you bet it and they call you might be in trouble though. If you raise and get one caller that has position on you, be very cautious if a couple overcards flop.

Comment

KK can't stand up to Ace-rag. Always worth a raise but in a cash game, I never happy with them unless I hit a set. In tourney's, they're good for a short stack shove but aside from that...do what you're doing. Bet strong on the flop if nothing scary comes up, just to end the hand and if you have a caller, sweat ya nuts off.

Comment

[QUOTE=MeowSasKitty;262192]I too have troubles w JJ and 1010 . Here is a funny Link for how to play JJ in case u haven't seen it .
                Good Luck in all your games .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP9CBtSW0kA

Great vid Kitty, love it!

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.