PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Battle for April

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Battle for April

OK...so I have an idea for April and I want to see if there is any interest. I was thinking of doing a team competition for PSO tournaments.

Here is the way it would work

1) Teams would be 3 players.

2) Entry fee would be $3 per team ($1 per player).

3) 100% of prize money would be awarded based on number of teams. 1 in every 5 teams would cash.

4) Points would be awarded based on average points per PSO tournament. For example, a player plays 15 PSO tournaments and winds up with 1650 points. Their average would be 10 points, so that would be 10 points for the team.

5) Minimum of 10 League games is required to be eligible.

So, anybody have any interest in this or any other ideas?

I am interested in this. Blind draw for teams or we pick?

JT

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
      I am interested in this. Blind draw for teams or we pick?

JT
      I believe it should be recruit your own team. A player may only be on one team though.

Comment

I think the 'we pick' idea might actually kill the action, since nobody's going to challenge datzang, shark, and II CoTe ll, or however the favourite team ends up looking. There will be one, or maybe two or three, favourite teams though. The rest would just be laying down after round one when they realize how far behind they are.

I think the idea is interesting. I haven't been making any time for the league in the past few months, but I wouldn't be opposed to putting in 10 games if my team is blind picked.

Edit: Again, the recruiting idea doesn't appeal to me, but it might be a fun way to spice up the league.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
          I think the 'we pick' idea might actually kill the action, since nobody's going to challenge datzang, shark, and II CoTe ll, or however the favourite team ends up looking. There will be one, or maybe two or three, favourite teams though. The rest would just be laying down after round one when they realize how far behind they are.

I think the idea is interesting. I haven't been making any time for the league in the past few months, but I wouldn't be opposed to putting in 10 games if my team is blind picked.

Edit: Again, the recruiting idea doesn't appeal to me, but it might be a fun way to spice up the league.
          I'd suggest getting a list of all players who want to be in this. Then Going by draft system like picking. Lowest Rank Player picking first, then next lowest ranked until 2/3 of field gone. Then restart at beginning again. Should even the teams out. -shark

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post

Panicky, the one thing I think you are overlooking is the average points factor. Yes, datzang, Cote, shark, Freddy, JT, and others are high on the leaderboard, but if you look at average points, some of them only average 4 or 5 points per tournament.

But this is why I am looking for feedback, and posted this early, so we can work out the logistics before we begin.

Comment

Originally posted by ericnnancy View Post
              Panicky, the one thing I think you are overlooking is the average points factor. Yes, datzang, Cote, shark, Freddy, JT, and others are high on the leaderboard, but if you look at average points, some of them only average 4 or 5 points per tournament.

But this is why I am looking for feedback, and posted this early, so we can work out the logistics before we begin.
              Eric is correct here. The points per is the most important factor. I can think of 5 players off the top of my head that play 20 or so and get up there. This is whom I am contacting.....hehehehe

JT

Comment

My apologies, I did overlook that. So, placing high in the league would become the deciding factor, like a typical MTT (and FT's would be a major +). That might actually deter some of the big winners from participating, since they usually just want to mincash. Of course, the way forum regs have been picking up any exciting action they can find lately, I'm sure quite a few of the big names in the league would get in on it.

I still prefer a less cliquey system of picking teams, personally, but I'm more interested in the idea now.

Also, you are suggesting that every game played would count towards the average score, correct? I think that's

Comment

Originally posted by JT_Sooooted View Post
                  Eric is correct here. The points per is the most important factor. I can think of 5 players off the top of my head that play 20 or so and get up there. This is whom I am contacting.....hehehehe

JT
                  Very Correct. I'd take Spudder and those others. Did not see that eric. Of course I think it's a fair way to judge, tho, you're going to lose the t10 contenders as some of us don't care how many games we have to play in order to try to win the $1500. And as such, I'd stay away from this contest. No biggie, just letting u know. -shark.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkatack89 View Post
                    Very Correct. I'd take Spudder and those others. Did not see that eric. Of course I think it's a fair way to judge, tho, you're going to lose the t10 contenders as some of us don't care how many games we have to play in order to try to win the $1500. And as such, I'd stay away from this contest. No biggie, just letting u know. -shark.
                    Shark..you're backing off $1???LOL....that's okay. I was thinking of using your escrow service to hold the money so everyone would be happy and secure.

Anyway, we could do a blind pick, a draft, or have everyone pick their own teams. Let's see how many people we get interested and go from there.

Comment

If I may offer myself as an example:

As of the time of this posting:

1,708 points in 29 games

I am qualified as a team player. My average is 7.17 points. (1707 - 1500) / 29

If the other players have similar records, our three-player team would have 21 points.

Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Cairn Destop View Post
                        If I may offer myself as an example:

As of the time of this posting:

1,708 points in 29 games

I am qualified as a team player. My average is 7.17 points. (1707 - 1500) / 29

If the other players have similar records, our three-player team would have 21 points.

Is this correct?
                        That is correct.

Comment

Change the points system and increase the entry fee.

Comment

I am just over 5 points per. I would say that is about average.

JT

Comment

Aren't there throttles that would affect the scoring system? So anybody who rises above the first throttle would actually take a hit to their average by playing more?

If I'm correct, that would mean that this challenge would favour people who only play the 10 games, or possibly a small handful more. Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.