PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staking Experiment - Warning: Do Not Open Unless You're Willing To Lose Money!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staking Experiment - Warning: Do Not Open Unless You're Willing To Lose Money!

I want to try an experiment. Tonight, I'm going to play in an MTT. I'll put up $3 to play a tournament, and anyone who wants to stake me, ship me $1. I'll pile all the money I get shipped together and buy in to one tournament, and if I cash, I'll chop the pay-out between everyone who staked me (excluding myself). Regardless of what I cash, I'll chop it between everyone who shipped me $1. So, if three people send me $1, I'll buy-in to a $6 MTT, or the closest one to that buy-in I can find (my $3 + $1 + $1 + $1), and if I cash for $300, then the three people who staked me $1 get $100 back each. The goal is for me to have fun playing my best poker, while blowing other people's money since I'll probably lose (it's an MTT, what do you expect?).

Seriously, this is just me posting something crazy, and I don't expect anyone to ship me money, but if anyone wants to be crazy too, do it, and I'll pay back if I win.

Have to go to work now, so I can't respond right now, but when I get home I'll check and see if anyone shipped me anything or responded to the thread. See ya!

im in

Comment

Screw it I just shipped $1. One time deal kind of thing. Good luck and play hard!

Comment

Staking

Shipped $1.00, let us know which tourney you'll be playing.

Good luck!!
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

OK I will ship a dollar now panicky good luck.

Should be with you soon.

TC

Edit opps that 4 people but I am still in hopefully.
          Last edited by topthecat; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
            I want to try an experiment. Tonight, I'm going to play in an MTT. I'll put up $3 to play a tournament, and anyone who wants to stake me, ship me $1. I'll pile all the money I get shipped together and buy in to one tournament, and if I cash, I'll chop the pay-out between everyone who staked me (excluding myself). Regardless of what I cash, I'll chop it between everyone who shipped me $1. So, if three people send me $1, I'll buy-in to a $6 MTT, or the closest one to that buy-in I can find (my $3 + $1 + $1 + $1), and if I cash for $300, then the three people who staked me $1 get $100 back each. The goal is for me to have fun playing my best poker, while blowing other people's money since I'll probably lose (it's an MTT, what do you expect?).

Seriously, this is just me posting something crazy, and I don't expect anyone to ship me money, but if anyone wants to be crazy too, do it, and I'll pay back if I win.

Have to go to work now, so I can't respond right now, but when I get home I'll check and see if anyone shipped me anything or responded to the thread. See ya!

Color me Stupid. You're my one dollar lotto tix for the week. GL to ya panicky.

$3.30 sent. I wants me the lions share of profits. -shark
            Last edited by sharkatack89; Wed Mar 09, 2011, 11:57 PM. Reason: update after burning $3.30

Comment

good luck

good luck to us all $1.00
              Triple Bracelet Winner

Comment

shipped GL

Comment

Okay, I'm going to pick the game in a minute. I'll post who's in it and for what payout percentage (apparently we've got different numbers going on), but I've been advised that this post is technically against the rules, as asking for money is a no-no. So apparently Rockerguy is quite right about the one time deal thing.

So, I have

$1 from RockerguyAA
                  $1 from joy7108
                  $1 from topthecat
                  $1 from antlovesang1
                  $1 from taxi128
                  $3.30 from sharkatack89

and roughly $3 from me.

There's $8.30 before my addition, so all of the $1 contributors would receive roughly 12.05% of any winnings I might make. That leaves roughly 39.78% for shark. Pretty sure that's all correct. And I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anybody. Let me know if anyone sees any problems.

There's an $11 turbo in about 2.5 hours. That one seems the most fitting. #371284498
                  Last edited by PanickyPoker; Thu Mar 10, 2011, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PanickyPoker View Post
                    I've been advised that this post is technically against the rules, as asking for money is a no-no.
                    I disagree. You didn't ask for money. You offered to give away money. This shouldn't be against the rules. I'd advise whomever advised you to take another look.

If I decide to play some tourney down the line and I offer to sell a percentage, I am not asking for money--I'm creating intrest and spreading the action.

This is a big difference from soliciting a stake.

Comment

It might have been Joe who advised me. Anyway, it's a borderline thing, and I figure I might have toed the line a bit too much with the original offer. I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable by asking for money that I'm more often than not going to lose, anyway. But if I can win, then yay!

Comment

Crap... Yugiohpro is registered in my MTT. I actually know who he is. That's a bad sign.

Comment

Starting.

Comment

Pivotal hand.

PokerStars Game #58953796617: Tournament #371284498, $10+$1 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/03/09 22:17:59 PT [2011/03/10 1:17:59 ET]
                            Table '371284498 26' 9-max Seat #5 is the button
                            Seat 1: PORC BABY (3000 in chips)
                            Seat 2: PanickyPoker (2990 in chips)
                            Seat 3: ll Aid4N ll (2970 in chips)
                            Seat 4: crazyalex25 (3250 in chips)
                            Seat 5: newstrum (3100 in chips)
                            Seat 6: lucrelila (2940 in chips)
                            Seat 7: PAPABCFC (3000 in chips)
                            Seat 8: LeonFire (2940 in chips)
                            Seat 9: Trimbl (2810 in chips)
                            lucrelila: posts small blind 10
                            PAPABCFC: posts big blind 20
                            *** HOLE CARDS ***
                            Dealt to PanickyPoker [As Jc]
                            LeonFire: raises 20 to 40
                            Trimbl: calls 40
                            PORC BABY: folds
                            PanickyPoker: folds

Comment

Good luck run good.

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.